HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT - 01/24/08 - Montreal @ New Jersey - 7pm est

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Ross MacLochness

vCash: 500
The New Jersey Devils don't own us. It has nothing to do with the Devils, and everything to do with Martin Brodeur.

Just like Hasek in the late 90's, for the last 13 years this ***** has been our heads. No matter what the situation he will make the big save against us at the key moment in the game. Have we ever even had a 4 or 5 goal game against this guy?

1-24-4? There is no word even to describe this.

I can't believe I'm going to watch this game. Mainly because a win would be incredible. But I totally expect it to end the same way it always does.

3-0 Devils.

Old
01-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
The city of Newark reminds me of St. Catherines. I dunno if that is good or bad.
Both manufacturing towns that have known better days since all the manufacturing is done elsewhere these days...

Old
01-24-2008, 01:15 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
You guys are freaking whuzzies! I'll watch throughout the pain and keep swearing at Brodeur until the last second of the game.
Me too. Brodeur usually pisses me off enough that I start swearing in (very limited) French. If we can take this game to OT and get a point out of it, I'll consider it a moral victory. I'll also thank my lucky stars that we're not pwned by a team in our division.

Old
01-24-2008, 01:20 PM
MoonDragn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris La Tigre View Post
Both manufacturing towns that have known better days since all the manufacturing is done elsewhere these days...
Just remembering my only Canadian ex-gf, who lived in St. Catherines at the time. She was originally from Saskatchewan. Was a pretty redhead too.

Anyway, good luck on the game tonight guys, I a little worried about Brodeur cause in his last game he looked like something else was on his mind.

Old
01-24-2008, 01:21 PM
tritone

4-1 Devils.

Damn you BRODEUR!

Old
01-24-2008, 01:29 PM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, that even a god-king can bleed.
Are the Habs warriors or hairless boys? Tonight is the start of the second season which will provide the answer to this question.

Old
01-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Game Breaker

Send a message via AIM to Game Breaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
The New Jersey Devils don't own us. It has nothing to do with the Devils, and everything to do with Martin Brodeur.

Just like Hasek in the late 90's, for the last 13 years this ***** has been our heads. No matter what the situation he will make the big save against us at the key moment in the game. Have we ever even had a 4 or 5 goal game against this guy?

I can't believe I'm going to watch this game. Mainly because a win would be incredible. But I totally expect it to end the same way it always does.

3-0 Devils.
Thats been the story of his career, making the big save at key times in games. In the last game of the season of '05-'06, he made a huge save on one of the habs and Langenbrunner went down the other way with the deciding goal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
Me too. Brodeur usually pisses me off enough that I start swearing in (very limited) French. If we can take this game to OT and get a point out of it, I'll consider it a moral victory. I'll also thank my lucky stars that we're not pwned by a team in our division.
You got that right. For whatever, the devils cannot beat the rags or isles this season. If they even went just .500 against them, or even just one of them, they would be the top team in the east right now...

But seriously guys, don't be so negative! Yea, its a terrible stat, but still, its like you've lost hope! Don't! Anything can happen.

"...then they take their ****** 7 foot Chara, who sticks out like a ***** in sweatpants..."- Devs4thCup
Old
01-24-2008, 01:32 PM
lasainteflanelle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Devils Fan View Post
Thats been the story of his career, making the big save at key times in games. In the last game of the season of '05-'06, he made a huge save on one of the habs and Langenbrunner went down the other way with the deciding goal...

You got that right. For whatever, the devils cannot beat the rags or isles this season. If they even went just .500 against them, or even just one of them, they would be the top team in the east right now...

But seriously guys, don't be so negative! Yea, its a terrible stat, but still, its like you've lost hope! Don't! Anything can happen.
this is why NJ fans are the best american based franchise fans. ahem. boston. ahem. NYR.

Old
01-24-2008, 01:32 PM
HotPie

Quote:

1-24-4.

We lost the last 9 games in a row. Trust me, you'd be losing hope too if you were in our position.

Old
01-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Captain Kourage in OT ftw tonight - Habs 4 Devils 3

Old
01-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Just remembering my only Canadian ex-gf, who lived in St. Catherines at the time. She was originally from Saskatchewan. Was a pretty redhead too.

Anyway, good luck on the game tonight guys, I a little worried about Brodeur cause in his last game he looked like something else was on his mind.
and begrudged good luck to you...

but hopefully this distracted Brodeur plays tonight... the focused one is not in our best interest.

Old
01-24-2008, 01:48 PM
ALine9900

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasainteflanelle View Post
this is why NJ fans are the best american based franchise fans. ahem. boston. ahem. NYR.
Quality, not quantity

Old
01-24-2008, 01:58 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:

A level-headed rationale fan of the opposing team? Good thing to see. However, whenever my beloved Habs play the Devils, I watch the game to see how much the Habs will bleed. I remember a few years ago when the Habs were winning 4-1 in Jersey. I thought the streak would end. I was wrong because the Devils scored 5 goals to win the game 6-5. The 1-24-4 record speaks for itself.

Old
01-24-2008, 02:10 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
Gee znk, I always pictured you to be smart and articulate, not Ogre like and dim.

I don't like our chances, but here's to a 3 - 2 win in OT.
Obviously someone has been using my account withouth my knowledge.

Old
01-24-2008, 02:12 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteo View Post
Quality, not quantity
Exactly. That's what the 1-24-4 record is all about. Maybe we only have one win....but it was a quality win.

Old
01-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Thorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteo View Post
Quality, not quantity

The day Brodeur retires from hockey will be a happy day in Habs land methinks. The only question is how much longer

Old
01-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Gainey#1*

3-0 Devils.

Don't expect any miracles.

Old
01-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
I'm actually looking forward to this game.

4-2 Habs.

Old
01-24-2008, 02:25 PM
MoonDragn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

The day Brodeur retires from hockey will be a happy day in Habs land methinks. The only question is how much longer
would you still say that if somehow due to some miracle Brodeur was traded to the Candiens?

His contract goes to 2012. Then he becomes an FA. Would you still wish him to retire if there was a chance to sign him even at 40?

Old
01-24-2008, 02:30 PM
HBK27

Quote:

I think the rest of the Devils threw Marty off his game by scoring more than 3 goals.

Old
01-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post

3-0 Devils.
Yes, but Theodore let in 6

Old
01-24-2008, 02:45 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Obviously someone has been using my account withouth my knowledge.
That's what I thought.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
Old
01-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Hopefully we start strong and get a 3-4 goal lead like we did in Florida last time another place in witch we don't have any succes

Old
01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
HBK27

Tonight is also $1 Hot Dog night at the Rock - the only other time the Devils have run that promotion was during a 4-1 loss to the Coyotes in December (which was arguably the Devils' worse game of the season). So you guys at least have that going for you tonight!

Old
01-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

looks like we arent the only ones who have no confidence in our ability against Marty and Devils...

Quote:
Forty-eight hours after their ninth straight victory over the Boston Bruins, the Montreal Canadiens will become the victims again when they take on the New Jersey Devils on Thursday.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=228043&hubname=nhl

Closed Thread