HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goaltending situation after this season...

Old
01-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I think that's wishful thinking. 4 years, 17 mill is the contractual floor if Huet has a competent agent. Remember the cap is probably going to increase again a bit as well.

Yup, but Huet's a pretty unique case study.

First off, he probably will sign before July 1st, squandering his upperhand of UFA status like he did two years ago, meaning Huet is doing this because he truly likes playing in Montreal. Now I don't want this to be percieved the same as French Quebecer players who come here. Fact is, if you've know several Frenchies from France or Switzerland (I've personaly know many, my ex lived in Switz and knew many, The Habs are HUGE for them), you know that of all cities in North America, they prefer Montreal because it reminds them so much of home. I've always felt Huet really appreciated this fact and his the main reason why he does those compromises, sacrificing more money for the comfort of being in the only French-speaking metropolitan city in NA, and at the same time, part of the biggest baddest franchise in hockey history, which in France and Switzerland is the best-known hockey club.

My point is, If Silent Bob pulls an offer sheet of 4 years / 16 mil, Huet will probably accept it.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Booky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Well.... jsut saying there is a bet doesn't make it....

What do you wanna bet and most importantly and what manner?

À la Price is right (no pun intended, but its very ironic)??

The one who gets closer to the -per year- amount? Do we include the number of seansons, does it really matter?
Well i thought my part of the bargain was that Huet would at least get the Bryz contract. Money, years and all...

Booky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booky View Post
Well i thought my part of the bargain was that Huet would at least get the Bryz contract. Money, years and all...
Yeah, but that's way too blurry for a bet.

A bet needs boundaries to work.

What I expect Huet to have is not far away from Bryz (I've been saying for the last few weeks that Huet would probably sign at 3,5/4 mil per season for 3 to 4 years, which is pretty close to what Bryz got (caphit of 4,25). I was just saying how Bryz's contract won,t really have an impact on Huet.... But how can you quantify that in a bet if the difference is only 250k, which is a small amount when you consider their salaries, and also, Bryz got what? 3 years?.

So may I suggest we bet on what you previously said (strange that your nick is 'booky' of all names!) which is over whether Huet will have more or less than Bryz, the number of seasons being a non-factor as I previously stated in many threads that I believe the Habs would give 3 to 4 seasons to Huet.

If Huet gets more than or equal a caphit of 4,25 mil$, you win.

If Huet gets less than a caphit of 4,25 mil$, I win.

Is that ok?

And what would be the prize for the winner.... Moral victory? Mo'mooooney? Special demands?

Old
01-24-2008, 05:41 PM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
Tradin Huet, Yes or no?

What do you guys think? Should we trade Huet??

Imo we are going to lose him during the offseason. Huet is a smart guy, he knows Price is coming up quick and he's going to lose his number 1 spot eventually. Also, for that same reason, i don't think Gainey will be willing to give Huet the money he deserves. With all the number 1 pics getting traded for rentals i think we can get a sweet deal for Huet. If Rivet got a 1st pic, Huet can get a 1st, 3rd, and a decent prospect.

On the other hand, trading him will get us in trouble for the playoffs, but is anyone expecting the cup?? I'm thinking 2nd round at best, and we might be able to make it there with, or without Huet...

Anyway, i think we have a great future ahead of us, the rebuild is almost done, i think we should trade him, instead of losing him for nothing like we did with Souray.

Thoughts?

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 05:42 PM
brownman*

No.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 05:45 PM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
i'll be glad to see him stay, and give us a playoff run, but i don't mind seeing go if we get something good in return

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cristobal Huet

Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanasianfrasian View Post

Imo we are going to lose him during the offseason. Huet is a smart guy, he knows Price is coming up quick and he's going to lose his number 1 spot eventually. Also, for that same reason, i don't think Gainey will be willing to give Huet the money he deserves. With all the number 1 pics getting traded for rentals i think we can get a sweet deal for Huet. If Rivet got a 1st pic, Huet can get a 1st, 3rd, and a decent prospect.

On the other hand, trading him will get us in trouble for the playoffs, but is anyone expecting the cup?? I'm thinking 2nd round at best, and we might be able to make it there with, or without Huet...

Anyway, i think we have a great future ahead of us, the rebuild is almost done, i think we should trade him, instead of losing him for nothing like we did with Souray.

Thoughts?
This is getting old, we just talked about this to death in another few threads over the past week.

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Thoughts?

Try it, it's free!

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 05:49 PM
frederixx

no.... we did it in 93, we can do it again! let's get into the playoffs with the best guys available.

frederixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 05:49 PM
peterpatter*

I would think Huet would stay and Halak goes............then we draft another goalie in the summer.

peterpatter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Elite psychology training on display here.
A lot of people seem to know the exact wants desires and goals of Cristobal Huet, and know exactly what he will and will not sign with his pen.

Amazing.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 07:11 PM
GNick42

I think Gainey will keep Huet unless he gets blown away by a trade offer. At the trade deadline history has told you can never tell what will go on...Theodore being dealt two years will be an example.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
i feel bad for Yan Danis, who has some potential in the NHL, and will never make it with the habs. they should trade him to another team if they can.
Word. It seems to me that Danis has never gotten his chance while Huet, Price and Halak have been taking up much of the water cooler talk.

Montreal's goaltender situation is the epitome and embodiment of an embarrassment of riches.

Sined is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 12:47 AM
Booky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Yeah, but that's way too blurry for a bet.

A bet needs boundaries to work.

What I expect Huet to have is not far away from Bryz (I've been saying for the last few weeks that Huet would probably sign at 3,5/4 mil per season for 3 to 4 years, which is pretty close to what Bryz got (caphit of 4,25). I was just saying how Bryz's contract won,t really have an impact on Huet.... But how can you quantify that in a bet if the difference is only 250k, which is a small amount when you consider their salaries, and also, Bryz got what? 3 years?.

So may I suggest we bet on what you previously said (strange that your nick is 'booky' of all names!) which is over whether Huet will have more or less than Bryz, the number of seasons being a non-factor as I previously stated in many threads that I believe the Habs would give 3 to 4 seasons to Huet.

If Huet gets more than or equal a caphit of 4,25 mil$, you win.

If Huet gets less than a caphit of 4,25 mil$, I win.

Is that ok?

And what would be the prize for the winner.... Moral victory? Mo'mooooney? Special demands?
DEAL...
The prize is obviously a moral victory.
Perhaps we should waiger a french "baguette" and some "camembert" cheese cause we are talking about Huet here...

Booky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
A lot of people seem to know the exact wants desires and goals of Cristobal Huet, and know exactly what he will and will not sign with his pen.

Amazing.

Wellllllllll, I do have a Great Gazoo standing over my shoulder, which nobody else but me can see and he tells me all sorts of inside on the Habs and that is way I know the ultimate reality of what will happen!!!!!!!!!!!

Jokes aside, as I've said before, I base my predictions on Huet's past actions and commentaries, which points to him staying on the Island for a few more seasons.

Old
01-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booky View Post
DEAL...
The prize is obviously a moral victory.
Perhaps we should waiger a french "baguette" and some "camembert" cheese cause we are talking about Huet here...

Moral victory... oh chite!

Old
01-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Moen is Gone
@MoeninGlory

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post

Amazing.
Not only Cristobal, they're also in his agent's head.

Moen is Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs425 View Post
Not only Cristobal, they're also in his agent's head.

I prefer the Great Gazoo theory....

It also hints to their.... mental condition, y'know, seeing a little green wise-a$$ alien standing over your shoulder, giving advice all the time.....

Another escaped resident of Bellevue.

Old
01-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:

Thoughts?
Only if we get a premium in return. Otherwise we might as well just ride it out. He's not going anywhere right now.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Biggsy

I'd resign him for another year maybe, break Price in slowley unless he comes back up this year and is unbelievable

Biggsy is offline   Reply With Quote