HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[GDT 48:] 1/24/08 Pittsburgh Penguins @ Philadelphia Flyers 7:00 PM-ET (CSN)

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2008, 04:37 PM
flyersguy33*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnightRU View Post
Hopefully with Crosby out they'll turn down their homering.

I'm sure there will still be a 5-10 minute segment on how his injury will effect the game tonight.
i can picture it right now. Downie throwing a huge hit on Geno, what kind of nickname is that anyway, and the announcers just going crazy

Old
01-24-2008, 04:50 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
A few Pens fans are delusional, just read their GDT ,

Anyhow, I curl the early draw tonight so i will be PVR'ing the game, Flyers do real well this year when i have to tape the games.

Old
01-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I think Carter can play against Malkin I mean he did it in WJC. If Carter can't Richards will...

We have enough depth to win this game.
Downie went head to head with Malkin as well (because he came back as a 19 year old the year after the lockout, while Ovechkin was already in the NHL).

Old
01-24-2008, 05:26 PM
BringBackStevens

I think the key here is to stay disciplined early on and limit the Pens' PP chances. They aren't going to beat us on skill alone tonight, so i think you will see them get pretty chippy in this one

Old
01-24-2008, 05:26 PM
ChiTown Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
Somebody please help me out, what is the name of the girl on DayWalk3r's Avatar?
Cheryl Tweedy

Old
01-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Dash22

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
Downie throwing a huge hit on Geno, what kind of nickname is that anyway?

His English name is Eugene, and Geno is a VERY VERY common nickname for people with the name Eugene

Old
01-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Dash22

Me and the hockey team have everything we need for this game:

5 Cases of Coors: $100
250 Hot Wings: Check: $62.50
10 Cheese steaks: Check: $65
3 Penguins Fans to Ridicule: Free
1 70 inch HD Plasma TV: $X,XXX
1 9-3 victory in our hockey game this after: Check

Watching the Flyers beat the Penguins to a pulp: Priceless

Can you tell we don't get to watch to many games?

Old
01-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Just saw Kook in warm-ups.

Old
01-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash22 View Post
5 Cases of Coors: $100
You disappoint me.

Old
01-24-2008, 05:41 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
You disappoint me.
Seconded.

Old
01-24-2008, 05:44 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1945
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
It is a huge shame.....It is also such a shame that the 200+ Eric Lindros hockey cards and other memorabilia I own is pretty much worthless now....

GO FLYERS!!!
I bought four Wayne Gretzky rookie cards for $1.00...25 cents each back when he was a rookie. I went to a card collector's show. About five years ago, I decided to sell them thinking I made the greatest investment ever. I kept them in thick plastic (I forget the name) card holders -- not the sheets but the heavy individual protection.

The dealers had some sort of mechanism which analyzed each card, it was microscopic. They would then tell me that the cards weren't perfectly centered or a bit of the corner was slightly worn (not seen with the naked eye mind you). I mean, it was ridiculous to me but to the professionals they wanted perfection not something that was graded 97% (maybe 99 in his case). Anyway, I sold two at a good profit and price but not what I thought I'd get from reading magazines. And I did go to a few hobby shops, not just one or two. Maybe others aren't surprised by this but I was because I thought I had the ideal cards.

Old
01-24-2008, 05:48 PM
flyersguy33*

hopefully well be able to put one in early. Havent we scored a goal in the first 5 minutes all three times we have played them this year. Hopefully we can do it again tonight and not fall apart like we did on tuesday night

Old
01-24-2008, 05:50 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post

The dealers had some sort of mechanism which analyzed each card, it was microscopic. They would then tell me that the cards weren't perfectly centered or a bit of the corner was slightly worn (not seen with the naked eye mind you). I mean, it was ridiculous to me but to the professionals they wanted perfection not something that was graded 97% (maybe 99 in his case). Anyway, I sold two at a good profit and price but not what I thought I'd get from reading magazines. And I did go to a few hobby shops, not just one or two. Maybe others aren't surprised by this but I was because I thought I had the ideal cards.
I'm not much into cards, but it sounds to me like you got ripped off. I mean if the dealers could tell that you were kind of a rookie card dealer (no offense here), they might have decided to BS you a little bit so that they could get the cards on the cheap, but maybe that's just my impression.

Old
01-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Winston Wolf

Game plan: Show Malkin no mercy. I want Hatcher hacking away all night and everybody else finishing every opportunity to hit him.

Old
01-24-2008, 05:52 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
I bought four Wayne Gretzky rookie cards for $1.00...25 cents each back when he was a rookie. I went to a card collector's show. About five years ago, I decided to sell them thinking I made the greatest investment ever. I kept them in thick plastic (I forget the name) card holders -- not the sheets but the heavy individual protection.

I have an early Ray Bourque card ('82-'83, I think) with his name spelled 'Borque.' A dealer told me that particular imperfection upped the value of the card. Yet your card, that's not 'perfectly centred,' loses value. I'll never sell the Bourque card, but it's strange to me how much consideration is needed to value a hockey card.

Old
01-24-2008, 06:00 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrinceOfBriere View Post
Just saw Kook in warm-ups.
on the ice?
plzzzzzzz give him a chance

Old
01-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 897
I hope this turns into a massacre...i want body parts on the ice! Cote should go after laraque just to test him and laraque better ****ing accept or ill fashion his skull into a lovely tennis bracelet.

Old
01-24-2008, 06:01 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
I have an early Ray Bourque card ('82-'83, I think) with his name spelled 'Borque.' A dealer told me that particular imperfection upped the value of the card. Yet your card, that's not 'perfectly centred,' loses value. I'll never sell the Bourque card, but it's strange to me how much consideration is needed to value a hockey card.
When Topps lost exclusivity in baseball, 1981 or so, I had the Fleer set that had a few errors. One was Graig/Craig Nettles. I had the error card. In the early days, it was valuable but then it lost that value for reasons I am not sure.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-24-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old
01-24-2008, 06:02 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Lasse better be hurt if after last game he still isnt dressed.

Old
01-24-2008, 06:03 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I'm not much into cards, but it sounds to me like you got ripped off. I mean if the dealers could tell that you were kind of a rookie card dealer (no offense here), they might have decided to BS you a little bit so that they could get the cards on the cheap, but maybe that's just my impression.
I'm not sure because I did go to a few dealers. If I went to one guy, then maybe. I think a mint card was going for $400 and I got $300 (it was a few years ago so maybe those figures are off). I wouldn't sell it for say $100 or so.

Old
01-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Richards eats souls*

Me + 3 Hurricane 40's vs. 6 Pens fans.

I think I got this.

Old
01-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
on the ice?
plzzzzzzz give him a chance
yeah, I'd guess he's playing, don't see the point of having him skate and then sit after being a scratch for a long string of games.

Old
01-24-2008, 06:09 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Thanks to all for the kind words, anything for SOBs and visitors.

Now for you...No love for the JR photo? I put that just for you.
Clearly I was neglectful and I apologize. I saw Eric and Mario--had a really awesome flashback--and just scrolled down real quick to tell you of my excitement. I do love the JR one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblack18 View Post
Mike Richards will make his All-Star debut this weekend. He was asked whether he heard anything about possibly participating in the Skills competition.
Before he could answer, teammate Scott Hartnell chimed in: "It won't be the accuracy shooting. Or the speed skating. Maybe dump-ins."

Richards has not received word on the Skills competition, but the league could announce its picks as early as today.

Richards said he looks forward to seeing the game's best players in a more relaxed setting.

"It'll be good to get away from the grind and just have some fun and play hockey. Just kind of relax and get away from the competitive level, but still maintain that hockey sense . . . And I won't have to listen to [Hartnell] for a weekend." *

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...the_break.html
This^^ is exactly what this team has needed for quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Makes perfect sense to me.....Are you surprised?

It is a huge shame.....It is also such a shame that the 200+ Eric Lindros hockey cards and other memorabilia I own is pretty much worthless now....

GO FLYERS!!!
You and me both.

Quote:
When Topps lost exclusivity in baseball, 1981 or so, I had the Donruss set that had a few errors. One was Graig/Craig Nettles. I had the error card. In the early days, it was valuable but then it lost that value for reasons I am not sure.
I'm guessing it's because Craig Nettles is the second most over-rated Yankee in that organization's history.

Old
01-24-2008, 06:10 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
I'm not sure because I did go to a few dealers. If I went to one guy, then maybe. I think a mint card was going for $400 and I got $300 (it was a few years ago so maybe those figures are off). I wouldn't sell it for say $100 or so.
Sounds like you didn't do too badly for yourself anyways, I have no experience in the card selling business, I just find it hard to believe that people would care that much about a card being 1/16 of an inch off center, but there are some crazy people in this world.

Old
01-24-2008, 06:11 PM
FlyHigh

Staal is flying, does anyone know if Kukkonen is actually playing? I've seen Vandy and Jones, so I'd assume he isn't.

Closed Thread