HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Where any of you guys at Rockefeller Center last night (1/23/08)?

Old
01-24-2008, 03:28 AM
redfzn

vCash: 500
OT: Where any of you guys at Rockefeller Center last night (1/23/08)?

I tried to go ice skating at Rockefeller Center with my girlfriend but there was a private party going on. Funny thing is it seemed to be a NYR event. Leetch and all the other NYR jersey retirees were being shown on a large screen TV by the side of the rink and over 50% of the people skating had NYR jerseys on.

I didn't hear of this neither here nor at newyorkrangers.com like they did for the viewing party at Bryant Park against the Flyers.

Anyway unluckily for me they didn't let me in, regardless of having my own skates or even wearing my Avery jersey. I had to walk to Woolman Rink in Central Park. Just curious as to if any of you guys heard of this or were there?

Last edited by redfzn: 01-24-2008 at 03:38 AM.
redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 09:27 AM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

Apparently Leetch was having a get together with the media or something.
As per Sam http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Quote:
There were a multitude of former Rangers on hand at La Cucina, a restaurant near the Rockefeller Center skating rink. They included: Messier, Richter, Graves, Jeff Beukeboom, Tie Domi, Darren Langdon, Stefan Matteau, and others.
Tie Domi!!

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfzn View Post
I tried to go ice skating at Rockefeller Center with my girlfriend but there was a private party going on. Funny thing is it seemed to be a NYR event. Leetch and all the other NYR jersey retirees were being shown on a large screen TV by the side of the rink and over 50% of the people skating had NYR jerseys on.

I didn't hear of this neither here nor at newyorkrangers.com like they did for the viewing party at Bryant Park against the Flyers.

Anyway unluckily for me they didn't let me in, regardless of having my own skates or even wearing my Avery jersey. I had to walk to Woolman Rink in Central Park. Just curious as to if any of you guys heard of this or were there?
Wasn't this the $500/person benefit event that was mentioned in the press a few days ago?

Yep, according to Blueshirt Bulletin:

Quote:
Brian Leetch was at Rockefeller Plaza tonight for a Skate With the Greats function for the benefit of the Ronald McDonald House of New York. With him were former teammates Mark Messier, Adam Graves, Mike Richter, Jeff Beukeboom, Stephane Matteau, Brian Mullen, Tie Domi, and Darren Langdon. Leetch and a few others took some time before the event to talk about his career, which will be honored at the Garden Thursday night when his number 2 is retired and raised to the rafters in a ceremony that will start at 6:30.

Last edited by Forechecker: 01-24-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote