HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

looking for a blade

Old
01-29-2008, 03:40 PM
w00t99

vCash: 500
looking for a blade

I am just getting back into playing after like 7 years off the ice and I have a rbk shaft from a friend but no blades. I am a lefty and was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions on blades that are good for one someone like me just getting back into it and two for snappers, as they are/were my preferred shot

w00t99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Brodeur

Which RBK shaft is it most importantly? Offhand, the 4K/5K is standard while the 6K/7K are tapered.

The curve of the blade might be the most important thing. You could buy a top notch blade, but if the curve isn't to your preference, it's pretty much worthless.

I stocked up on a few RBK 4K blades (http://www.hockeymonkey.com/rbk-rb4ksr.html) recently. Naturally not as light as the the other $50 models, but a decent price at $30 if you're just getting back into playing.

Most companies have an entry level composite/fiberglass blade at ~$30 and a full composite blade at $50. In the end, usually just comes down to personal preference. I would just try to identify a type of curve I like and try to find it on clearance somewhere online.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 05:58 PM
w00t99

since the last time i have really played something more than roller hockey pickup games was when I was only 12 or so I never really learned about the curves of blades, ie heel, mid-heel and open and closes and what not, and if someone could just maybe explain which types of curves best suit which types of shots

w00t99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 10:04 PM
sc37

vCash: 450
Well you need to tell us what shaft too since not all blades gonna fit all shafts. And there isn't a type of blade best suited for what shot. If you can shoot, then any blade will work. But if you playing roller again, you might want a blade that has ABS in it.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote