HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Marek Malik?

Old
01-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Blueski

vCash: 500
Marek Malik?

Ok, there is an article talking about Malik's locker being empty at MSG.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ho...alik_gone.html

Then I come here and see in the Ranger's Room that Christian Backman's name is tossed out as a possibility. Not that they all were in favor of it, but a couple seemed to like it.

My question is this...If we have traded for him, do we want/need Malik? I don't think this is what we need unless it is part of a larger deal to get a forward with some scoring touch. I don't know, it seems like a step back if it were Malik for Backman.

Thoughts??

Blueski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 04:55 PM
crackout

I certainly don't see him filling a need. If we were to be doing a deal with the Rangers, there is no way I couild see it being Malík for Bäckman straight up ...

crackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Blues077

No, I wouldn't want him. Unless we get additional compensation such as draft picks or some good young prospect.

Blues077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 05:26 PM
TrustInJarmo*

If that is the ONLY deal JD can find to dump Backman...than sure.

But I think we could get better.

I would rather get a mid round draft pick with Malik (likes Blues077 just said) OR a forward who might be able to produce a little bit the rest of the year up front (like the Carolina deal proposed a few weeks back).

Malik not only is terrible...but it would jam us up on D the rest of the year. I really think Wagner and Polak need to get back up here after the trade deadline...and getting Malik will not help that.

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 06:00 PM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post
If that is the ONLY deal JD can find to dump Backman...than sure.

But I think we could get better.

I would rather get a mid round draft pick with Malik (likes Blues077 just said) OR a forward who might be able to produce a little bit the rest of the year up front (like the Carolina deal proposed a few weeks back).

Malik not only is terrible...but it would jam us up on D the rest of the year. I really think Wagner and Polak need to get back up here after the trade deadline...and getting Malik will not help that.
Agree. One timid Euro D for another addresses nothing this team needs. Forward or picks, sez I!

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 06:47 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues077 View Post
No, I wouldn't want him. Unless we get additional compensation such as draft picks or some good young prospect.
I would think they would have to add a pick. That being said if this is the best deal to get him off the books do it.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote