HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks/Blues GDT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2008, 11:54 PM
  #26
Checker*
 
Checker*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500
If this team has any balls at all, they'll send a message late. The Sharks have ben physical, we need to answer back with something to bring the team together.

Sadly that won't happen

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 11:56 PM
  #27
Checker*
 
Checker*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500
How is this not the instigator for the Sharks? Now we need to throw a flying elbow and tackle and punch at them

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 12:04 AM
  #28
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив
 
Karl with a C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 15,715
vCash: 500
Tkachuk should be suspended for that instigator after the game.

Karl with a C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 12:05 AM
  #29
SJPuckPlayer
Registered User
 
SJPuckPlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,063
vCash: 500
Tkachuk's a coward for going after a rookie like that. I just lost a lot of respect I had for the guy.

On a happier note, Boyes looks to be a star for you for many years.

SJPuckPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 12:06 AM
  #30
Checker*
 
Checker*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperArchetype View Post
Tkachuk should be suspended for that instigator after the game.


Great analysis.

Although it would mean that Tkachuk would be out of the lineup which would be good

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 12:06 AM
  #31
Mike6749
Registered User
 
Mike6749's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 359
vCash: 500
If there is anything positive to take out of this game it's Boyes. Oh yeah and the best part....Thornton getting punched in the head!

Mike6749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 12:09 AM
  #32
General Veers
Registered User
 
General Veers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Wow, Chaser just said AM and Wilson got into it! Just saw the video on FSN. AM and Wamsley were yelling at the Sharks bench! AM was being restrained by a linesman. I guess the coach is trying to show the balls we have since some of the vets won't.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 12:10 AM
  #33
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив
 
Karl with a C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 15,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post


Great analysis.

Although it would mean that Tkachuk would be out of the lineup which would be good
Let me explain so you can understand: If you take an instigator penalty within the last few minutes of a game, it's an auto suspension for 1 game. He should get more, however, for going after a rookie after the game. He didn't even look at the puck, he just targetted Mitchell.

Karl with a C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 12:11 AM
  #34
mmitchell19
Registered User
 
mmitchell19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ellisville, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPuckPlayer View Post
Tkachuk's a coward for going after a rookie like that. I just lost a lot of respect I had for the guy.

On a happier note, Boyes looks to be a star for you for many years.
Tkachuk threw the car into reverse after barking a bit...two of our young guys and Brewer ended up actually scrumming there at the end.

This was not one of Walt's finer performances, nor was it much of an example of veteran leadership as noted above.

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 12:12 AM
  #35
Checker*
 
Checker*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperArchetype View Post
Let me explain so you can understand: If you take an instigator penalty within the last few minutes of a game, it's an auto suspension for 1 game. He should get more, however, for going after a rookie after the game. He didn't even look at the puck, he just targetted Mitchell.
For him to have gotten the instigator, there would have been an actual fight required. That was a whole lot of nothing. I understand what you were going for. Too bad you're wrong

Why not go back to the Shark board rather than trolling ours yelling for suspenisons.

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 12:14 AM
  #36
SJsharks
Registered User
 
SJsharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dont worry about it
Country: United States
Posts: 368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike6749 View Post
If there is anything positive to take out of this game it's Boyes. Oh yeah and the best part....Thornton getting punched in the head!
haha yeah and his 3 assists, i dont mean to be a jerk, but it was a good game, joe didnt really react to the punches though

SJsharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 12:16 AM
  #37
Checker*
 
Checker*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJsharks View Post
haha yeah and his 3 assists
Wrong board, sport!

Take the gloating to your board, and know that he earned those punches and hopefully more next time for those blatant crosschecks to the back of JAckman's head

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 12:16 AM
  #38
General Veers
Registered User
 
General Veers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
All you Shark fan trolls can just swim away. There were no punches thrown by Walt and Brewer at the end of the game because they are terrible veteran leaders, it's a non-issue. Backes would have beaten someone but he's got like 20 fresh stitches above an eye.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 12:18 AM
  #39
Mike6749
Registered User
 
Mike6749's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJsharks View Post
haha yeah and his 3 assists
Yeah this losing streak is getting bad when the only joy you can take out of games is who got hit and who fought who. I think even the Dolphins could beat us...

Mike6749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 12:59 AM
  #40
crackout
Registered User
 
crackout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
It's tough not to get mad at how the team are playing just now. I don't get to see the games live, and I only get limited highlights; but what I have seen is pretty ugly.

I'm going to go back to Manny again tonight, how was his performance? His numbers weren't very good again. Over the past 4 games his save percentage is down to about .845. If they aren't going to trust Toivonen at a time like this ... then what is the point in having him? He needs ice time as well. It might also give the D a kick up the ass as well.

As for getting some scoring? God knows ...

crackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 01:22 AM
  #41
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 32,145
vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
Wrong board, sport!

Take the gloating to your board, and know that he earned those punches and hopefully more next time for those blatant crosschecks to the back of JAckman's head
You realize that Jackman was cross-checking him before that part in the boards, right?

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 10:44 AM
  #42
mmitchell19
Registered User
 
mmitchell19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ellisville, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackout View Post
It's tough not to get mad at how the team are playing just now. I don't get to see the games live, and I only get limited highlights; but what I have seen is pretty ugly.

I'm going to go back to Manny again tonight, how was his performance? His numbers weren't very good again. Over the past 4 games his save percentage is down to about .845. If they aren't going to trust Toivonen at a time like this ... then what is the point in having him? He needs ice time as well. It might also give the D a kick up the ass as well.

As for getting some scoring? God knows ...
Manny was solid last night...it could have easily been 7 or 8 to 1.

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 01:18 PM
  #43
espo35
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Morgan Hill Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Unless Tkachuk has the autonomy to call his own line change, this is clearly the cowardice of Andy Murray.....who should receive a suspension if not an ass-whupping.


Last edited by Irish Blues: 01-25-2008 at 01:36 PM.
espo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 01:23 PM
  #44
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
You realize that Jackman was cross-checking him before that part in the boards, right?
If you are talking about the first period then your wrong...he had one hand on his stick. But thanks for playing homer

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 03:34 PM
  #45
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
It probably has all been said about this team right now so I really dont have anythng to add except that I am going to refrain from talking about this current group until changes are made to the roster or the start to play better. I am so pissed at this current group that I cannot see straight.

I will still talk about other hockey subjects and Blues teams of the past but with this group as it is composed I am all talked out unless they pull out of it and I dont know if they can at this point.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 03:36 PM
  #46
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVTEC View Post
All you Shark fan trolls can just swim away. There were no punches thrown by Walt and Brewer at the end of the game because they are terrible veteran leaders, it's a non-issue. Backes would have beaten someone but he's got like 20 fresh stitches above an eye.
Great post man, also in the earlier scrum when all Jackman did was give Roenick his patented pissed off look, I lost it he needs to be called out for poor leadership as well.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 03:39 PM
  #47
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
I only have one more thing to add to this mess. It speaks volumes for a team when the only one who looks pissed and even says something to a Sharks player is the ****ing trainer. These guys may be hopeless when it comes to character.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 04:07 PM
  #48
StLooFrenchy
Registered User
 
StLooFrenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Country: France
Posts: 1,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPuckPlayer View Post
Tkachuk's a coward for going after a rookie like that.
By this logic any one that challenged DJ King last year is a coward too. What's rookie status have to do with anything?

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 04:10 PM
  #49
StLooFrenchy
Registered User
 
StLooFrenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Country: France
Posts: 1,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by espo35 View Post
Unless Tkachuk has the autonomy to call his own line change, this is clearly the cowardice of Andy Murray.....who should receive a suspension if not an ass-whupping.
No need for suspension and the like... just have your guys step up and deliver justice themselves at our next meeting. I'm sure DJ, Walks, and Backes would agree to that.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 04:25 PM
  #50
sharked out hog
Registered User
 
sharked out hog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: san jose, ca
Country: United States
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StLooFrenchy View Post
No need for suspension and the like... just have your guys step up and deliver justice themselves at our next meeting. I'm sure DJ, Walks, and Backes would agree to that.
i bet you by the next game all this is forgotten about and nobody even gets in a fight.

sharked out hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.