HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks/Blues GDT

Old
01-25-2008, 04:31 PM
StLooFrenchy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharked out hog View Post
i bet you by the next game all this is forgotten about and nobody even gets in a fight.
You are more than likely right on.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 04:36 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLooFrenchy View Post
You are more than likely right on.
Sadly for the NHL's sake he is more than likely right on. Something like a few scraps just kills rivalries.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 05:26 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

Quote:
By this logic any one that challenged DJ King last year is a coward too. What's rookie status have to do with anything?
I think it goes a little deeper than just being a rookie.

Mitchell is not a physical player, not a fighter and not even an agitator. He's actually one of the smaller (in weight) players on the team. Of all of the people on the ice, why did Tkachuck go after Mitchell? I think that's the problem that people are having with that. It would be like if people were targeting Kariya for a fight. If they wanted to fight, go after the right guy.

I was at the game, was a great game to watch and be in the crowd for. Lots of emotion, lots of 'activity' after the whistle, some drama here and there and it ended up with the two coaches yelling at eachother.

I couldn't have left happier.

DrFeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Irish Blues

I thought the 2004 playoff series between the Sharks and Blues was 4 years ago. If the Sharks are spending time worrying and complaining about the Blues after this last game, they have bigger problems than anyone realizes.

01-25-2008, 07:01 PM
espo35

Quote:
No need for suspension and the like... just have your guys step up and deliver justice themselves at our next meeting. I'm sure DJ, Walks, and Backes would agree to that.
Our guys should beat up your coach??

espo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 07:14 PM
StLooFrenchy

How about your coach v. our coach? Street rules match, no DQ. Last man standing. Or, better yet, let the players handle the physicality.

Old
01-25-2008, 07:39 PM
espo35

Quote:
How about your coach v. our coach? Street rules match, no DQ. Last man standing. Or, better yet, let the players handle the physicality.
I like Ron Wilson's chances, especially with Asst. Coach Tim Hunter covering his boss.

As far as the players handling it, sure. But the players should do it without being dispatched to the ice by their coaches with a few meaningless seconds to play.

That's chicken-spillage.

espo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 08:06 PM
StLooFrenchy

Hell, I'd like my chances against DJ with Hunter covering me! Seriously, the message-sending-thing has been happening for a long time in this league. No one was injured, it was a spirited game; great entertainment for all. I just don't get your gripe.

Old
01-25-2008, 08:26 PM
General Veers

I've seen plenty of games where Ricci and/or Marchment were dispatched to send a message at the end of a game. Or how about Link Gaetz? Makes me think these Shark fans here have only been watching hockey post-lockout.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 09:03 PM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVTEC View Post
I've seen plenty of games where Ricci and/or Marchment were dispatched to send a message at the end of a game. Or how about Link Gaetz? Makes me think these Shark fans here have only been watching hockey post-lockout.
Man, "Missing" Link Gaetz was one of a kind! I was in a band in the early 90's(?) playing in a sports bar, with the Wings v. Sharks on the big screen. When Probie and Link threw down, we stopped playing, in the middle of a tune, and took the fight in. When it was over, we turned back to the crowd; they had no idea what happened, they were pissed the music had stopped. All I could tell them was "Sorry!", but I really wasn't.