HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Top 25 Players available at the Trade Deadline

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2008, 01:23 PM
  #26
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
id take a chance on Ruutu. He is young and injury prone though one of those low risk high reward. id consider moving prucha for ruutu that is for sure.


Montoya Prucha Malik to Hawks
Ruutu and Barker to Rangers
hmmm... very intriguing.. I think I would agree w/ you and go for it. Although I think we would have to throw in like a 3rd rounder as well.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 01:28 PM
  #27
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
hmmm... very intriguing.. I think I would agree w/ you and go for it. Although I think we would have to throw in like a 3rd rounder as well.
Avery and Ruutu would be fun to watch, we need more agitators on this team. We are too soft, teams that win are usually physical like the Ducks, unless they are really really good like the Wings.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 01:29 PM
  #28
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
Avery and Ruutu would be fun to watch, we need more agitators on this team. We are too soft, teams that win are usually physical like the Ducks, unless they are really really good like the Wings.
it would be very interesting. Drury w/ Ruutu might be able to work well together also.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 01:37 PM
  #29
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
it would be very interesting. Drury w/ Ruutu might be able to work well together also.
and Ruutu is the type we should go for, 23-27 years old, not above 30. Like with Mara last year. I hope we resign Mara, he is solid dman. I wish hed shoot more.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 01:39 PM
  #30
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
and Ruutu is the type we should go for, 23-27 years old, not above 30. Like with Mara last year. I hope we resign Mara, he is solid dman. I wish hed shoot more.
exactly. just a question though do you even think the bhaws will trade Ruutu

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 01:47 PM
  #31
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
exactly. just a question though do you even think the bhaws will trade Ruutu
maybe he has been rumored for a while, u never know, who would have thought Joe Thornton got dealt but its was the Bruins so anything is possible.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 01:49 PM
  #32
Nich
Registered User
 
Nich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wantagh
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
maybe he has been rumored for a while, u never know, who would have thought Joe Thornton got dealt but its the Bruins so anything is possible.
big difference. that trade was stupid at the time and still stupid

and the hawks would listen for ruutu since he has had injury problems

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 01:49 PM
  #33
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
maybe he has been rumored for a while, u never know, who would have thought Joe Thornton got dealt but its was the Bruins so anything is possible.
well I hope we could land a Ruutu. I've always liked him and thought he could be a real solid player but injuries completely derail him every year.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:10 PM
  #34
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
well I hope we could land a Ruutu. I've always liked him and thought he could be a real solid player but injuries completely derail him every year.
its worth the risk. sather usually take chances with these type of players.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:12 PM
  #35
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,331
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
its worth the risk. sather usually take chances with these type of players.
He does?

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:15 PM
  #36
gmanwrx
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 149
vCash: 500
i'll would take kessler and campbell......

youth, speed and skill....

gmanwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:17 PM
  #37
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
He does?
he took a chance with lindros and he was injury prone, he took a chance with ozolinsh, he took a chance with malakhov, he was injury prone and suspended by the habs for skiing while he claimed that he was hurt.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:17 PM
  #38
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanwrx View Post
i'll would take kessler and campbell......

youth, speed and skill....
id like kesler, doubt it though, id take cooke. he is an ufa. malik for cooke lol

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:19 PM
  #39
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,331
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
he took a chance with lindros and he was injury prone, he took a chance with ozolinsh, he took a chance with malakhov, he was injury prone and suspended by the habs for skiing while he claimed that he was hurt.
And since 04?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:19 PM
  #40
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
he took a chance with lindros and he was injury prone, he took a chance with ozolinsh, he took a chance with malakhov, he was injury prone and suspended by the habs for skiing while he claimed that he was hurt.
also Bure right?

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:22 PM
  #41
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,331
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
also Bure right?
He was. And perhaps Sather has learned from his mistakes...

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:28 PM
  #42
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
He was. And perhaps Sather has learned from his mistakes...
but Ruutu is in his 20's not 30's big difference.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:29 PM
  #43
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,331
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
but Ruutu is in his 20's not 30's big difference.
Injury prone is injury prone.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:29 PM
  #44
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,521
vCash: 500
forwards that would work.....

hossa
jokinen(drury can move to wing)
kessel
ruutu


defencmen that would work....

campbell

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:30 PM
  #45
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,521
vCash: 500
btw, IMO, i think jokinen would work really well and he doesnt cost a whole lot.....he is a bonafide 1st liner with a lot of creativity and he is a great team guy who kills penalties as well.....would be a big boost

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:35 PM
  #46
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
btw, IMO, i think jokinen would work really well and he doesnt cost a whole lot.....he is a bonafide 1st liner with a lot of creativity and he is a great team guy who kills penalties as well.....would be a big boost
yea but as long as someone like Dubinsky and Dawes ice time dont get cut.

id like Jokinen as well but if it means less ice time for our own then no thanks.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:39 PM
  #47
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Kesler has been rumored as well, id like him, hed cost more than ruutu i would imagine.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:39 PM
  #48
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
yea but as long as someone like Dubinsky and Dawes ice time dont get cut.

id like Jokinen as well but if it means less ice time for our own then no thanks.
i would trade shanahan for a first and a prospect and then in turn trade them to florida.....about an even trade for both teams....rangers lose a top 6 and gain a top 6 that is younger and two other teams get leadership and youth......maybe a pick would be needed to be added but i would do it in a heartbeat....i love the way he plays....plus he is defensively responsible

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:41 PM
  #49
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
btw, IMO, i think jokinen would work really well and he doesnt cost a whole lot.....he is a bonafide 1st liner with a lot of creativity and he is a great team guy who kills penalties as well.....would be a big boost
a trade for Jokinen would start w/ a 1st rder, either Cherry/Staal/Sang, maybe even two of the three. Not worth it IMO....

I'm still saying for them not too make any trades for another week or two... I have a feeling we are going to collapse again. Something just isn't right w/ this team.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:41 PM
  #50
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
id take a chance on Ruutu. He is young and injury prone though one of those low risk high reward. id consider moving prucha for ruutu that is for sure.


Montoya Prucha Malik to Hawks
Ruutu and Barker to Rangers
Done, I'll drive all 3 to the airport

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.