HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

More RDS bashing: Benoit Brunet

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2008, 01:53 PM
usernam

vCash: 500
More RDS bashing: Benoit Brunet

Ok, I wanted to ignore it when I heard it yesterday, but since it's fun to bash RDS, I'll make a thread of it:

Did anyone hear Benoit Brunet, during the 2nd intermission I think, defending Laraques' shot on Downie, insinuating that it was well-deserved. That's a complete lack of professionalism, Jacques Demers could barely believe it. Benoit also said that it was Downie's fault because he looked twice behind him and saw Laraques but still went for the puck (that's a stupid argument, because Downie certainly didn't expect to get cross-check from behind head first on the boards). A lot of kids were watching the game, even though you think it was well-deserved, you can't say on TV. Luckily, Downie came back later (and that's a big reason why nobody talks about this). When it comes to cheap shots from behind like this, there's no such things as "he deserves it" or "good for him". If you shoot a criminal, you still go to jail. I hate it because, the fact that Laraques is a Quebecois, influenced Benoit's opinion so much.

Last edited by usernam: 01-25-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old
01-25-2008, 01:55 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
Ok, I wanted to ignore it when I heard it yesterday, but since it's fun to bash RDS, I'll make a thread of it:

Did anyone hear Benoit Brunet, during the 2nd intermission I think, defending Laraques' shot on Downie, insinuating that it was well-deserved. That's a complete lack of professionalism, Jacques Demers could barely believe it. Benoit also said that it was Downie's fault because he looked twice behind him and saw Laraques but still went for the puck (that's a stupid argument, because Downie certainly didn't expect to get cross-check from behind head first on the boards). A lot of kids were watching the game, even though you think it was well-deserved, you can't say on TV. Luckily, Downie came back later (and that's a big reason why nobody talks about this). When it comes to cheap shots from behind like this, there's no such things as "he deserves it" or "good for him". If you shoot a criminal, you still go to jail. I hate it because the fact that Laraques is a Quebecois, influenced Benoit's opinion so much.
in before the lock

Old
01-25-2008, 01:58 PM
_DrMario_

Yawn.

Benoit has an opinion, kill him.

Old
01-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Like my ex used to say... rentre avant que ça ferme....

Old
01-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Kramy

Quote:

Did anyone hear Benoit Brunet, during the 2nd intermission I think, defending Laraques' shot on Downie, insinuating that it was well-deserved. That's a complete lack of professionalism, Jacques Demers could barely believe it. Benoit also said that it was Downie's fault because he looked twice behind him and saw Laraques but still went for the puck (that's a stupid argument, because Downie certainly didn't expect to get cross-check from behind head first on the boards). A lot of kids were watching the game, even though you think it was well-deserved, you can't say on TV. Luckily, Downie came back later (and that's a big reason why nobody talks about this). When it comes to cheap shots from behind like this, there's no such things as "he deserves it" or "good for him". If you shoot a criminal, you still go to jail. I hate it because the fact that Laraques is a Quebecois, influenced Benoit's opinion so much.
Shame on you, MoMo316.

Old
01-25-2008, 02:01 PM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DrMario_ View Post
Yawn.

Benoit has an opinion, kill him.
He has an opinion, as a professional, you can't say he deserves to be hit like this. I dont care, I really got pissed off when he said that yesterday.

Old
01-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Stephen Locke*

I'm in before the lock,come on Mo,you can be better than that.

Old
01-25-2008, 02:03 PM
znk

I thought it was funny.

Old
01-25-2008, 02:03 PM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramy View Post
Shame on you, MoMo316.

You don't watch RDS, do you? What I meant is that: He'd probably have said something different if any other player had done the same thing

Old
01-25-2008, 02:04 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Like my ex used to say... rentre avant que ça ferme....
LOL.

Old
01-25-2008, 02:05 PM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by The President View Post
I'm in before the lock,come on Mo,you can be better than that.
Whatever lol, i felt way better after this

Old
01-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Kramy

Quote:
You don't watch RDS, do you? What I meant is that: He'd probably have said something different if any other player had done the same thing
I won't waste any time arguing with someone like you.

Old
01-25-2008, 02:06 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I can see this ending well...

Closed Thread