HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Forecaster claim that Komisarek should be in the All-Star Game!

Old
01-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKovalev View Post
Watching the Skills Competition is fun and interesting but I can't stand All Star Games....there's really no point. I can watch the MLB All Star Game because it actually means something, but with nothing on the line, why watch the NHL ASG?
I agree fully. Also, i just cant watch these guys go on the ice and not bodycheck anyone else. Its just not ...natural!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 10:29 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
A Rod Langway type guy.

The more I watch him the more I'm convinced that Komisarek is our best defenseman. He can literally take over a game. Its scary to think that he'll probably just get better in the coming years.
He's more physical than Langway and a much better skater.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 10:50 PM
ari1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
you know...this morning I was thinking and I think if Komisarek continues on the pace he's on, hits, blocked shots, pts, PIM + the Habs make the playoffs as a high seed, there's no reason he shouldn't get Norris trophy consideration
yea buts its gona be the same old story. same Dman will win it again. no one but Lidstrom.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 11:01 PM
Namso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ari1160 View Post
yea buts its gona be the same old story. same Dman will win it again. no one but Lidstrom.
And deservedly so. Komi is no where near Lidstrom's league.
However, I do have a soft spot for stay-at-home dman.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 01:12 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

As it stands, Komisarek is probably the best defenseman in the East right now.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 01:27 AM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
As it stands, Komisarek is probably the best defenseman in the East right now.
He has developed nicely over the years. He is a monster on the blueline. Moreover, Komisarek is a dominating presence on the ice who lays out bone crushing hits while also showing up on the score sheet every once in a while. In essence, he is the type of D every team would love to have. It would not be hyperbole to claim that he is the best d in the East.

To think, if everything goes as planned, we could have one of the most intimidating bluelines in the League for years to come: Komisarek, O'Byrne, McDonough, Emelin, and, to an extent, Valentenko.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
He has developed nicely over the years. He is a monster on the blueline. Moreover, Komisarek is a dominating presence on the ice who lays out bone crushing hits while also showing up on the score sheet every once in a while. In essence, he is the type of D every team would love to have. It would not be hyperbole to claim that he is the best d in the East.
There's nobody more dominating right now. And I think the turning point was the Boston game. Most impressive performance i've seen by a physical defenseman.

Quote:
To think, if everything goes as planned, we could have one of the most intimidating bluelines in the League for years to come: Komisarek, O'Byrne, McDonough, Emelin, and, to an extent, Valentenko.
I'm really curious with Valentenko. Apparantly he likes to throw his weight around too, he likes to play dirty.

Old
01-26-2008, 01:40 AM
BintZ

There's no hitting or shot-blocking in the All-Star Game, rendering Komisarek useless.

I'm glad Komisarek gets a good 4 days rest instead, I'm sure throwing all those hits and blocking all those shots can take a toll physically and he's better off taking advantage of the break.

BintZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 01:44 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

There's no rules about not hitting. Actually it could be pretty funny, it would be like throwing kittens into an aquarium with a Great White Shark.

Old
01-26-2008, 10:37 AM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I'm really curious with Valentenko. Apparantly he likes to throw his weight around too, he likes to play dirty.
I went to one Bulldogs game this year, and I was impressed with Valentenko. He's not huge, but he was hitting left and right- and hard. Obviously, whether that will translate to the NHL remains to be seen. We'll have to be patient with him. But if he pans out anywhere near as well as Komisarek has, he'll be fun to watch.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Bermy

Komisarek greatest assets are his defensive ability and his physical toughness. Unfortunately, those assets are useless in an allstar game.

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 10:59 AM
ot

On the US broadcast of "la partie de l'annee" vs the devils Chico Resch said that in speaking with Carbo about Komi's blocked shots, hits, fights, etc., Carbo smiled and said "Komi just likes pain"!

ot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
Niedermayer is a joke, seriously...

The entire all-star game is a joke if you ask me...
I agree, Niedermayer has no business being at the ASG. There are plenty of other defenseman who deserve it more than he does.

The only reason I think he was choosen is because he is saying that this is his last year. I think it's the NHL's way of saying thank you for all his years of service.

But even if that is the case, I think they could have pulled some strings and made him an honourary selection like they have done in the past.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 02:57 PM
JrHockeyFan

Komi will get his recognition some day soon

Quite frankly I agree that as a game the all star game is kind of pointless to worry about, but the players likely get bonuses for making it.

There are not many young D men in the league that come close to his performance. Fans may not know that but the players do.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ot View Post
On the US broadcast of "la partie de l'annee" vs the devils Chico Resch said that in speaking with Carbo about Komi's blocked shots, hits, fights, etc., Carbo smiled and said "Komi just likes pain"!
That's what she [Elisha] said

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 04:21 PM
roy munson
Bon voyage capitaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
earl the habs fan
Just wanted to say your avatar is amazing!

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote