HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

luckily the bruins cant beat us

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2008, 10:46 AM
  #26
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,649
vCash: 500
It doesn't mean that if they DID beat us they would beat us everytime..

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 10:55 AM
  #27
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 13,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
Despite all our key injuries and the 12pts we gave to Mtl, we are only 5pts back. That is because our young guys we called up from Providence stepped up, the fact Chara-Savard-Timmay are leading the team like all stars and because Julien is a God. Like it or not, Chara is having a Norris season if it wasn't for Lidstrom and Savard is scoring despite being the solo concern for other teams to check.

Boston record against the rest of the NHL: 25-13-5
Habs record against the rest of the NHL: 20-15-8

All that without our best forward since game #10...

Awfull? Only against the Habs. And i can't explain why... Kind of like UFO's and Washington being 4-0 against Ottawa...
Gotta give the B's credit, they are playing much better than I thought they would without Bergeron...that being said, you mention Chara and the Norris, I think that's a real stretch, he has been nothing but brutal against the Habs, possibly the worst D on the ice those games...Norris guys don't play great against some teams, and stink vs others...Chara is a beast, but somewhat of an overrated beast...and at 7.5M...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 11:08 AM
  #28
Spectaculard
Trout125HR363RBI442R
 
Spectaculard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 23yrs old
Posts: 8,308
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
if boston beat us every game this year,

mtl would have 50 pts tied for 10th with Atlanta in east
boston would have 65 pts, 2nd in the east, 1 pt behind ottawa and 1 game in hand...

luckily they can't beat us and we play them 7 times a year, *knock on wood*
I know they say dont kick a man while he's down, (referring to you getting your ass flammed off the boards in this thread) but heres a few more kicks.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 11:12 AM
  #29
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,265
vCash: 883
If the Leafs beat us every single game, JFJ would still have a job.
If we beat the devils once last year we would of made the playoffs.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 11:28 AM
  #30
Licou
Registered User
 
Licou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Longuh
Country:
Posts: 1,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Luckily Haifa still squash lame threads with her greatness




(it's been a while...)
wow nice...

Arabic is such a gracefull and beatiful language. That girl though does make it even more appealing

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 11:33 AM
  #31
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
if my aunt had testicles she'd be my uncle.
How long did you think about this before you posted?
I LOLed.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 11:44 AM
  #32
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,618
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
i hate hearing ppl say that.


Its dumb. Luckily cant beat us? who cares...Its hockey, you play the game, u beat some teams, u lose against others, thats it. It doenst matter who you get your wins and points against. They all count for the same thing
Agreed so stupid when people say this....

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 11:47 AM
  #33
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,618
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
Despite all our key injuries and the 12pts we gave to Mtl, we are only 5pts back. That is because our young guys we called up from Providence stepped up, the fact Chara-Savard-Timmay are leading the team like all stars and because Julien is a God. Like it or not, Chara is having a Norris season if it wasn't for Lidstrom and Savard is scoring despite being the solo concern for other teams to check.

Boston record against the rest of the NHL: 25-13-5
Habs record against the rest of the NHL: 20-15-8

All that without our best forward since game #10...

Awfull? Only against the Habs. And i can't explain why... Kind of like UFO's and Washington being 4-0 against Ottawa...
So? Who cares, in the end the Bruins have not been able to beat us and those 12pts are ours and as such we are 5 pts ahead.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 11:51 AM
  #34
Stephen Locke*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Offline
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
if boston beat us every game this year,

mtl would have 50 pts tied for 10th with Atlanta in east
boston would have 65 pts, 2nd in the east, 1 pt behind ottawa and 1 game in hand...

luckily they can't beat us and we play them 7 times a year, *knock on wood*
Don't know about you guys,but to me it is an obvious borderline troll post.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 11:53 AM
  #35
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
Despite all our key injuries and the 12pts we gave to Mtl, we are only 5pts back. That is because our young guys we called up from Providence stepped up, the fact Chara-Savard-Timmay are leading the team like all stars and because Julien is a God. Like it or not, Chara is having a Norris season if it wasn't for Lidstrom and Savard is scoring despite being the solo concern for other teams to check.

Boston record against the rest of the NHL: 25-13-5
Habs record against the rest of the NHL: 20-15-8

All that without our best forward since game #10...

Awfull? Only against the Habs. And i can't explain why... Kind of like UFO's and Washington being 4-0 against Ottawa...
To bad the Bruins are part of the NHL eh?

And your comparisons are so dumb...if we don't count the Sens game we are 26-12-8...and leading the division what exactly is your point? Bottom line we play in the NHL and we own some and get owned by others, that's how it goes.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 11:55 AM
  #36
Stephen Locke*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Offline
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The President View Post
Don't know about you guys,but to me it is an obvious borderline troll post.
Can't confirm it,but it seems quite suspect.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 11:57 AM
  #37
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,857
vCash: 500
Know what else? If our power play was the worst in the league instead of the best, we'd be near the bottom of the standings. Not only that, but if we had the worst road record of the year instead of the best, we'd be in last place.

So it's obvious that we're just lucky to be where we are because of these unexplainable, freak occurrences. The 08 Habs are all smoke and mirrors!!!! Everybody panic!!!

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 02:35 PM
  #38
Westcoasthabsfan
Registered User
 
Westcoasthabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In Pandoras Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
if boston beat us every game this year,

mtl would have 50 pts tied for 10th with Atlanta in east
boston would have 65 pts, 2nd in the east, 1 pt behind ottawa and 1 game in hand...

luckily they can't beat us and we play them 7 times a year, *knock on wood*


WOULDA SHOULDA COULDA

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 02:36 PM
  #39
Spectaculard
Trout125HR363RBI442R
 
Spectaculard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 23yrs old
Posts: 8,308
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The President View Post
Can't confirm it,but it seems quite suspect.
Why do you always quote yourself?

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 03:03 PM
  #40
GoGionta
Registered User
 
GoGionta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 774
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GoGionta Send a message via MSN to GoGionta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Why do you always quote yourself?
easy +1 or something

GoGionta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 03:06 PM
  #41
Spectaculard
Trout125HR363RBI442R
 
Spectaculard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 23yrs old
Posts: 8,308
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by guizz View Post
easy +1 or something
Or split personality maybe?

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 04:55 PM
  #42
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
if my aunt had testicles she'd be my uncle.
How long did you think about this before you posted?
HAHA......Thats Classic!!

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.