HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line of the Year Candidate: Koharski to Sutherby

Old
01-27-2008, 10:13 AM
hollylyn

vCash: 500
I love Sutherby's "For doing what?! I didn't do anything!" All he needed to do was stomp his foot and pout, and he'd be the spitting image of my 5 year old cousin.

hollylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
he definitely says stupid, but i don't know if it's c***, it sounds like he's saying something with a long i sound
Exactly. It sounds a lot closer to "kite" or "kind." I think that some people are just putting their vocabulary into someone else's mouth because it was directed at a hated rival's player. If it were a Kings player, you'd likely get more sensible interpretations. Besides, is it really likely that Sutherby would reply to a personal insult of that magnitude with an innocent "For doing what? I didn't do anything"?

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 03:20 PM
hollylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Exactly. It sounds a lot closer to "kite" or "kind." I think that some people are just putting their vocabulary into someone else's mouth because it was directed at a hated rival's player. If it were a Kings player, you'd likely get more sensible interpretations. Besides, is it really likely that Sutherby would reply to a personal insult of that magnitude with "For doing what? I didn't do anything"?
The first few times though I heard ****. However, now each time I listen to it, I've begun to hear something more along the lines of perhaps "fight", although there's a definite "k" sound after stupid, but that could be extra noise.

It also sound like after the "I didn't do anything." Sutherby then said "Oh ho, maybe (or baby?) I hit him a little."

hollylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollylyn View Post
I love Sutherby's "For doing what?! I didn't do anything!" All he needed to do was stomp his foot and pout, and he'd be the spitting image of my 5 year old cousin.
Who does your cousin play for?

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote