HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Henrik not being in the All Star Game is a FLUKE!

Old
01-26-2008, 07:11 PM
King Henrik

vCash: 500
Henrik not being in the All Star Game is a FLUKE!

It's BS. It really is. The coaches and players should vote. Not fans.

King Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 07:18 PM
HockeyBurd*

Neither the coaches nor the players would have voted him in. Because he doesn't deserve to be in. It's not that big a deal. Get over it and enjoy the times that he does get in based on merit.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 07:19 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

lol its no BS just look at his performance it has fallen horrible since the start of the season.

BrodeurRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
Neither the coaches nor the players would have voted him in. Because he doesn't deserve to be in. It's not that big a deal. Get over it and enjoy the times that he does get in based on merit.
Wrong. He absolutely deserves to be there more than Vokoun and DiPietro. He has outperformed them this season, even with his slump.

I don't mind that he's not there. I think he could use the rest. He's been playing a lot. But to say he doesn't deserve it more than some of the goalies who are there is quite frankly a load.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
lol its no BS just look at his performance it has fallen horrible since the start of the season.
Yea, it's fallen since his Vezina-caliber, stellar start. But it hasn't fallen lower than Vokoun or DiPietro's stats. Which is why he SHOULD have been named to the team.

Old
01-26-2008, 07:26 PM
TheHotRock

i still think he'll finish top 3 in vezina voting, but he doesn't deserve to be there this weekend.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 07:27 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
Yea, it's fallen since his Vezina-caliber, stellar start. But it hasn't fallen lower than Vokoun or DiPietro's stats. Which is why he SHOULD have been named to the team.
The majority of Ranger fans really don't care, why do you so much? Rather have him have a break. As for stats, someone from the teams have to go, and they both have better SP% then Lundy, but Lundy has the better GAA. Still, really, I don't care.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 07:28 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
i still think he'll finish top 3 in vezina voting, but he doesn't deserve to be there this weekend.
Finishing 3rd is still losing nothing to be proud about there. Its like saying ur not good enough to win but we will give u 3rd. Y do u guys even care ? At least u have people at ASG lol

BrodeurRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherapanov View Post
The majority of Ranger fans really don't care, why do you so much? Rather have him have a break. As for stats, someone from the teams have to go, and they both have better SP% then Lundy, but Lundy has the better GAA. Still, really, I don't care.
Henke has better GAA, more wins, and more shutouts.

What are you talking about? I care so much? I guess you didn't read the post before that where I said the following:

"I don't mind that he's not there. I think he could use the rest. He's been playing a lot. But to say he doesn't deserve it more than some of the goalies who are there is quite frankly a load."

Old
01-26-2008, 07:31 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:

What are you talking about? I care so much? I guess you didn't read the post before that where I said the following:

"I don't mind that he's not there. I think he could use the rest. He's been playing a lot. But to say he doesn't deserve it more than some of the goalies who are there is quite frankly a load."
Lol, your right, I thought you were the OP. Apologies.

OP, why do you care?

Old
01-26-2008, 07:33 PM
IslesFTW

Quote:
Speaking for DiPietro, he faces more shots per game since well, his team sucks. So with more shots faced(and with a worse defense, with more goal opportunities), it is viable that his GAA is worse than Lundqvist's. Fact that his save % is better proves a lot more than GAA in this case(atleast in my opinion). Wins is not even a viable option to look at when comparing the two considering the differences in talents of the teams.

IslesFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 07:34 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Wrong. He absolutely deserves to be there more than Vokoun and DiPietro. He has outperformed them this season, even with his slump.

I don't mind that he's not there. I think he could use the rest. He's been playing a lot. But to say he doesn't deserve it more than some of the goalies who are there is quite frankly a load.
Wrong. He absolutely does not deserve to be there more than Vokoun and DiPietro. He has not outperformed them this season, particularly because of his "slump" which lasted most of the season.

Lundqvist has a .908 save percentage. That's WITH 7 shutouts. He hasn't had a good season. At all. And certainly doesn't belong among all star caliber players this season.

I like Lundqvist. I defend him. I think he's one of the best goalies in the league. I'd rather have him than Dipietro or Vokoun. If you'd take the time to watch any games other than Rangers games, you'd realize that they have played better than him for the duration of this season. Not that they have been spectacular. It's just that Lundqvist has had a very underwhelming season thus far.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Law

Send a message via AIM to Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik View Post
It's BS. It really is. The coaches and players should vote. Not fans.
You realize the fans only vote the starters in, right? The reserves aren't picked by the fans.

Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 07:38 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
Wrong. He absolutely does not deserve to be there more than Vokoun and DiPietro. He has not outperformed them this season, particularly because of his "slump" which lasted most of the season.

Lundqvist has a .908 save percentage. That's WITH 7 shutouts. He hasn't had a good season. At all. And certainly doesn't belong among all star caliber players this season.

I like Lundqvist. I defend him. I think he's one of the best goalies in the league. I'd rather have him than Dipietro or Vokoun. If you'd take the time to watch any games other than Rangers games, you'd realize that they have played better than him for the duration of this season. Not that they have been spectacular. It's just that Lundqvist has had a very underwhelming season thus far.
Stopped there.

Old
01-26-2008, 07:40 PM
eco's bones

Personally this all-star business is a big snooze for me anyway. I'd prefer no Rangers there at all--though if Henrik is miffed enough by his exclusion to have a better second half--I'd be very happy with that.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Chunklee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
i heard brodeur is an all star husband

Chunklee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunklee View Post
i heard brodeur is an all star husband

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Who cares? Had he kept up how he was playing from October until now he would be in. But he hasn't so thats why he isnt there. While he has been playing much better later, he could use this rest to regain some focus and then come back and make a run at his 3rd straight Vezina.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Potvins Cups

DP making the team aside:

Is it more frustrating to you guys as Ranger fans that Lundquist wasn't picked originally or that Thomas was named as a replacement instead of Lundquist? I really was shocked to see Lundquist not named a replacement...especially ahead of Thomas.

Potvins Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 08:15 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

If anyone just heard DP say how he just F'd up his hip is exactly why Henke shouldn't be there.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Celestial Black

Also, I think he opted out like Brodeur. DP definitely didn't belong in the game but neither did other players. (i.e. Niedermayer)

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 08:59 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Lundqvist is a BEAST, hands down. This man is so passionate when he plays, just the look in his eyes when he's focusing gives me the chills. There is no other goalie I would want back stopping my team, not even Louie. Hank till the end...

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

i dont think the fan voting was teh problem

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0rac3 View Post
Also, I think he opted out like Brodeur. DP definitely didn't belong in the game but neither did other players. (i.e. Niedermayer)
Who opted out? Lundqvist??? As for DP, care to explain how he doesn't belong in this game?

Kvashinator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 09:07 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

DP hurt?

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote