HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Dagenais suspended!!

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2004, 04:42 PM
hockey_nut

vCash: 500
Dagenais suspended!!

For 2 games... for high-sticking Marchment on Saturday.

What kind of crap is that... there have been worse high-sticking incidents and he gets a call for his?! Pathetic.

Old
01-26-2004, 04:45 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut

What kind of crap is that... there have been worse high-sticking incidents and he gets a call for his?! Pathetic.
It actually looked like he did it with some intent. Intent = 2 games mandatory.

The league is reviewing all high-sticking calls, and non-calls, now. Even if it's well after the game.

Seems a tad harsh, as one game would have been the call if the ref would have seen it during the game.

Old
01-26-2004, 04:46 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I can see where the league is coming from, it was clearly intentional by Dagenais. I think that the league needs to make an example of someone and try and stop the problem that is going on in the league right now. I would of only givin him one game...

Old
01-26-2004, 04:46 PM
Stephan Lebeau

Perhaps it's fate? -- Balej's opportunity to steal a spot in the lineup after Dagenais goes a few games without being seen.

Old
01-26-2004, 04:50 PM
F. Duchemin

Send a message via MSN to F. Duchemin
i hope to see balej take his place. Buffalo and Wild...a good tryout.

Old
01-26-2004, 04:54 PM
Mathletic

WTF ?

McGillis didn't even have a game suspension for his hit on Kasparaitis !

Old
01-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Hopefully Balej gets that spot and does well.

We may even need to call up a forward since we are so banged up with the flu and injuries.

Old
01-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Ace2000

Send a message via ICQ to Ace2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Duchemin
i hope to see balej take his place. Buffalo and Wild...a good tryout.

ya man for sure. balej has to jump on this opportunity...who else will they put there? Ward might not be back on time and i doubt they'll put sundstrom there. Besides, i think ward is more valuable on the 3rd line to add some grit. I would definitly see balej on line 2 besides Z and Ribeiro. I hope this works out well.

Old
01-26-2004, 04:57 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut

Dagenais deserved it. That high-sticking was clearly intentional.

Old
01-26-2004, 04:59 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
What's the ETA on Bégin?

Old
01-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Ace2000

Send a message via ICQ to Ace2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
What's the ETA on Bégin?

i believe its a game or 2 after the allstar break

Old
01-26-2004, 05:02 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
Dagenais deserved it. That high-sticking was clearly intentional.

Agreed. It was an intense game, though. And he was getting hit over and over again, so I guess I don't blame him.

It will be nice to see Balej get more ice time, but who do we put on the 4'th line?

Old
01-26-2004, 05:15 PM
HABIMUS-MAXIMUS

Dagenais has played well (produced) but he deserves the 2 games. Complete lack of respect....clearly intentional and not the first time he carried his stick up high and recklessly (sp.) All highstick penalties should be 5 min. possible game misconduct & with chance of suspension. Should be treated on par with spearing and elbow's to the head "INTENT TO INJURE"

Old
01-26-2004, 05:17 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois
Agreed. It was an intense game, though. And he was getting hit over and over again, so I guess I don't blame him.

It will be nice to see Balej get more ice time, but who do we put on the 4'th line?

Ryder - Koivu - Balej
Bulis - Ribeiro - Zednik
Sunny - Juneau - Ward/Dackell
Kilger - Perreault - Langdon

I'm assuming one of Ward or Dackell won't go because of injuries (shoulder and knee). If neither one of them plays, well than it's not very far for Plekanec to go from Hamilton to Buffalo. Unfortunately, BG and CJ would have to make the decision today, because the Dogs are travelling to St. Johns for a game tomorrow.

Stay tuned I guess, because we may see a callup today too.

Old
01-26-2004, 05:29 PM
Cariboux

Balej will have the opporunity to prove himself and I wish he will be doing a great job. He will also see some PP time on the 2nd unit

Old
01-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Wow im actually kind of happy.

Belaj will hopefully get a chance on the second line.

I never really like Dags anyways, even though he scores(thats it though). Now if he started hitting, thats a different story!

Old
01-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Darz

O.K. So that is worth 2 games and hurdling a broken stick towards the fans is only worth one game?????????????

Makes sense!

Old
01-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
O.K. So that is worth 2 games and hurdling a broken stick towards the fans is only worth one game?????????????

Makes sense!
Toronto-bashing senses.... tingling...

Old
01-26-2004, 06:06 PM
chicpea*

Anyone remember that game earlier this year when Ward was awarded maybe 3 high-sticking penalties in a row. Hah, I was worried whenever he stepped on the ice - I think that was vs. the Leafs as well.

Old
01-26-2004, 06:21 PM
Joe Cole

You know, I never want to see the habs shorthanded. So the suspension is a drag that way, Julien has one card to play.

That said, I am pissed at Dags. It was clearly intentional, and his actions were both cowardly and selfish.

Cowardly, because if he felt the Marchment hit was dirty, he should have dropped the gloves instead of using his stick. Very chicken! The fact that it was his knee-jerk reaction goes to show you what kind of player he is. I don't like that.

Selfish.... he takes a way a scoring threat from the line up. Very undisciplined.

Heck ya, I will give him another chance but.... he isn't in my good books with an undisciplined move like that. Next time drop the gloves or take his number down and the next time you have a chance.... cream him.

Old
01-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Guy!

It wasn't even a high stick, he skated towards Marchy after taking a *perfectly legal hit* and sliced the Leaf across the nose with intent while March was still lying on the ice.

In my NHL the ******* gets 10 games. That was a callous and shameful act by Dagenais and an embarassment to the Montreal Canadiens. I kid you not, as a coach, if I see any of my players pulling crap like that, I bench them myself no matter what the refs do. If I'm Bob Gainey, I'm an extremely unhappy fellow.

If there's one place on a player's body that has to be respected at all costs, it's the face, and when you *deliberately* take a weapon and strike with intent to injure, you're nothing more than a worm.

I don't care how talented he is, I'd be perfectly happy never to see him skate with the Habs again.

ACF

Old
01-26-2004, 06:52 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
It wasn't even a high stick, he skated towards Marchy after taking a *perfectly legal hit* and sliced the Leaf across the nose with intent while March was still lying on the ice.

In my NHL the ******* gets 10 games. That was a callous and shameful act by Dagenais and an embarassment to the Montreal Canadiens. I kid you not, as a coach, if I see any of my players pulling crap like that, I bench them myself no matter what the refs do. If I'm Bob Gainey, I'm an extremely unhappy fellow.

If there's one place on a player's body that has to be respected at all costs, it's the face, and when you *deliberately* take a weapon and strike with intent to injure, you're nothing more than a worm.

I don't care how talented he is, I'd be perfectly happy never to see him skate with the Habs again.

ACF
I just hope Balej does well at his position, so Dags gets to sit and reflect on his actions for a while.

Old
01-26-2004, 06:57 PM
goalchenyuk

what kind of fans we are ??? happy that one of our player is having a 2 days suspension , tjust to see what Balej is going to do...pathetic !

Old
01-26-2004, 06:59 PM
leafaholix*

This thread shows the intelligence of most of you Habs fans that responded.

Some of you, are just really dumb. As dumb as some Leaf fans.

Old
01-26-2004, 07:00 PM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!

ACF
While I agree with you that it is very cowardly and uncalled for, I wouldn't completely throw Dagenais out of the "good books" unless it was the type of behaviour he exhibits on a regular basis. I haven't seen him do anything else of this type before and from what I can tell, he's a clean player who probably just got rubbed the wrong way and reacted to his emotions (which he should be reprimanded for and has been). Call it the 3 strike system if you'd like but I guess all I'm saying is don't let a good guy turn into a bad guy for one bad judgment.

Closed Thread