HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OFFICIAL "I was wrong about you Manny Legace" thread.

Old
01-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Glove side

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arice89 View Post
Ah, because the all-star game is such a great indicator of a player's skill. Lidstrom was a -3...guess he's not very good after all.
I know the allstar game is about having fun for the players and fans, however Osgood didn't look like he should've been there. Did you see it, you could have made a cardboard image of osgood and placed it in front of the net, and it would have made more saves than osgood. We both know osgood is the product of a great defense in detroit. the difference is manny showed up, and osgood looked horrible.

I cant argue with lidstrom, because he is one of the best defenders to ever play the game.

As you know Osgood was with the blues for a while, and I have no bad feeling against him, I just think his number don't tell the whole story!

Last edited by Glove side: 01-28-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Glove side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
The first goal against him in the youngstars game, Osgood was on his back before the shooter was within 15 ft. He looked like S**T in the All-Star game. He looked like he didn't have a clue what the hell he was doing. Thats why he's been a back-up for well damn near all his career. He is having a career year. I can't wait until Hasek is gone and Osgood is left as a starter, and does what he does every year....flop.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2008, 04:01 PM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
Hated the signing, but I'll eat as much crow as I deserve, because he's a savior.

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2008, 04:42 PM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arice89 View Post
So a loss in the WCF's and a loss in the first round are of equal achievement? Interesting. I also guess there's no such thing as a goalie playing poorly in the playoffs. Conversely, is it possible for a goalie to be hot in the playoffs -- or is that all about the team defense?

I'm not saying you shouldn't be happy with Manny...he's been outstanding. I'm just saying don't label him as a god until you see him perform the same way in the post-season.
First of, I don't think you are a troll, but with all due respect, may I point out what I feel is the Achilles Heel of the 'Wings for the last few years? Y'all where too quick to blame Manny. He can't go out and hit anyone. He can't throw off the gloves when the need arises. The problem is no one else on your team can either. The post season brings to the surface your finesse oriented game. Last season was a valiant effort, you sure made it farther and displayed more guts than i gave you credit for, but in the end, the truth is the truth that was shown. If you'd have given Manny another shot, well, who knows? IMHO, of course.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2008, 06:34 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

I'm very surprised at how well he played once he came here. I bashed him to no end. However, we haven't won anything yet. Cujo rocked in the regular season too, but he imploded in the playoffs. I saw some of that series where Manny imploded as well. His team didn't help any, but he certainly didn't stand out in any way shape or form. I'm just being honest here, instead of a homer. I'm willing to give him a shot or two, but we'll see.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2008, 07:31 PM
BluesDarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
I'm very surprised at how well he played once he came here. I bashed him to no end. However, we haven't won anything yet. Cujo rocked in the regular season too, but he imploded in the playoffs. I saw some of that series where Manny imploded as well. His team didn't help any, but he certainly didn't stand out in any way shape or form. I'm just being honest here, instead of a homer. I'm willing to give him a shot or two, but we'll see.
Why is it being a homer to correct an (unfair) image that a player has?

And the whole playoff argument is moot in my eyes...by the time this team is "legit" Manny will probably be retired.

Lets hope Schwarz/Bishop/Toivonen/Berra are "playoff goalies".

BluesDarb is offline   Reply With Quote