HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bondra?

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2004, 08:18 PM
r19

vCash: 500
Bondra?

I was just wondering, if the Bondra rumour is going to happen or not,does anyone have an update?
I would welcome Bondra, but i would rather get O'Neill, but the price tag might be a lot more
What do u think about adding a Ville Neminem?Tyson Nash?Chris Clark?Hagman?Marcus Nilson?
They're price tag are much cheaper than a bondra

Old
01-26-2004, 09:02 PM
HF2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by r19
I was just wondering, if the Bondra rumour is going to happen or not,does anyone have an update?
I would welcome Bondra, but i would rather get O'Neill, but the price tag might be a lot more
What do u think about adding a Ville Neminem?Tyson Nash?Chris Clark?Hagman?Marcus Nilson?
They're price tag are much cheaper than a bondra
Cheaper pricetag? Who cares? If the current offer is Schastlivy and a pick for Bondra why wouldn't Ottawa do it(assuming that the Caps go for it)? Frankly, I doesn't seem to get much cheaper than that for a 30 goal scorer.

The Citizen today reported that the Sens are very happy with the play of Langfeld in a grit kind of role. IF that's true, why would they deal for another guy when they can get it down on the farm?

Old
01-26-2004, 09:24 PM
officeglen

Exactly, why go out on the town when you can get it down on the farm?

Of course maybe what's available on the farm is not what might be available elsewhere - Bondra is a proven playoff scorer. Langfeld - I have no idea how he might perform in the playoffs though like what he is bringing to the rink now.

Old
01-27-2004, 12:42 AM
ErnestoGuevara

Vermette played so well at the beggining of the season, Schastlivy became the 4th line LW. Varada got injured and Schastlivy got a bit more ice-time but if Langfeld continues his strong play, Schatlivy will be a full-time bench warmer or will be traded. I doubt he has good trade value thoug...

Old
01-27-2004, 03:23 AM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnestoGuevara
Vermette played so well at the beggining of the season, Schastlivy became the 4th line LW. Varada got injured and Schastlivy got a bit more ice-time but if Langfeld continues his strong play, Schatlivy will be a full-time bench warmer or will be traded. I doubt he has good trade value thoug...
I think he will be dealt whether he has value or not, it is time to cut our losses. Langfeld deserves to be here ahead of him plain and simple, trade Shastlivy for whatever kind of pick you can get for him (signing him to a one-way contract was stupid, he could be polishing off his game in Bingo). He needs a change of scenery and I think ideally he would go to the less physical west where he would probably do better. Alot of people worry he might turn into another Demitra, but the fact of the matter is he is not going to turn into Demitra here no matter how long we keep him (I think it is evident in his play).

Old
01-27-2004, 11:54 AM
rebedom

Agreed, Schastlivy's time is up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18
I think he will be dealt whether he has value or not, it is time to cut our losses. Langfeld deserves to be here ahead of him plain and simple, trade Shastlivy for whatever kind of pick you can get for him (signing him to a one-way contract was stupid, he could be polishing off his game in Bingo). He needs a change of scenery and I think ideally he would go to the less physical west where he would probably do better. Alot of people worry he might turn into another Demitra, but the fact of the matter is he is not going to turn into Demitra here no matter how long we keep him (I think it is evident in his play).
Agreed, Schastlivy's time is up here, he had every chance in the world and did very little with it. Bondra for Schastlivy and a pick is an excellent trade for the playoff run, we can always use more scoring. It would also be nice to see the Sens pick up some grit like a Dave Scatchard, big, tough, good on face offs and will score occassionally. Scatchard could replace Van Allan who's time seemed to be up last year, hopefully, Fisher will be back soon as well. Langfeld is big enough, and can score but needs to get meaner, so does Chris Phillips, somebody needs to pee in his corn flakes to get him to play the way he did in last year's playoffs. Go Sens Go.

Old
01-27-2004, 01:45 PM
Safir*

How about we offer the Caps something that they really need. A defenseman.

Somebody like Platil or Schubert along with a higher pick for Bondra.

Last edited by Safir*: 01-27-2004 at 02:23 PM.
Old
01-27-2004, 02:26 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
How about we offer the Caps something that they really need. A defenseman.

Somebody like Platil or Schubert along with a higher pick for Bondra.

Platil...no!

Schubert...maybe...

I'd rather see Schastlivy go than any of the players mentioned so far in all the thread.

As much as Hindy appears to be useless...he' s a good physical dman when used at the appropriate times.

Old
01-27-2004, 03:07 PM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Platil...no!

Schubert...maybe...

I'd rather see Schastlivy go than any of the players mentioned so far in all the thread.

As much as Hindy appears to be useless...he' s a good physical dman when used at the appropriate times.
I totally agree with you, Shastlivy needs to be moved. It would be best for him and best for the sens. Where as Platil and Schubert have some value to us still, I mean if they would rather take Shastlivy and Schubert instead of our 1st, ok. However, that is unlikely.

Old
01-28-2004, 01:14 AM
trentmccleary

Adding Bondra would just add to the ice time glut we currently have. And the team isn't even full strength.We just sent Langfeld down and he was playing well. Just imagine how much harder it will be to get Fisher and Varada into the line up.
Hell, when we added Smoke and Varada last year their ice times dropped by an average of about 2 mins per game.
We have more than enough firepower with nine 10+ goalscorers.

Old
01-28-2004, 02:12 PM
jincargo

Would asking for Pothier, Schastlivy, and a 3rd be too much?

Old
01-28-2004, 03:21 PM
Murphy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout
Would asking for Pothier, Schastlivy, and a 3rd be too much?
A bit hard to say, but for only Bondra I would say yes. There would need to be a pick involved on the Washington end but I dont think any Ottawa defensemen are leaving as with what Muckler has been saying.

Old
01-28-2004, 04:00 PM
Hugh Nito I

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph_man15
A bit hard to say, but for only Bondra I would say yes. There would need to be a pick involved on the Washington end but I dont think any Ottawa defensemen are leaving as with what Muckler has been saying.
How would that be too much?? 2 spare parts that are not going to be anything else than depth players in Ottawa for a guy that fills a need and might turn out to be the last piece of the puzzle. And a pick that would be something like the 85th overall in a not overly deep draft..

If I was Muckler, knowing that Vauclair and Langfeld could fill the positions, I would pull the trigger on the trade and then buy myself a lottery ticket since it has proved to be my lucky day!

If GMGM agrees to this trade, he confirms once-and-for-all that he is an Ottawa spare-part-fetischist! Thank God for that!

Closed Thread