HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Frolov & Chistov (LA Times compares the two)

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2004, 03:58 AM
LuckyLUC20

vCash: 500
Frolov & Chistov (LA Times compares the two)

LA Times, "Second Opinion" article

sign in name: letsgokings
password: letsgokings

It basically compares their seasons this year and how different their paths have gone. Frolov has 16 G, 16 A in 48 games and Chistov has 1 G, 15 A in 44 games. I like Chistov and think he'll rebound from this season next year, but I remember when people were saying how much better Chistov was than Frolov. Obviously because of the playoffs last year, people got to see more of Chistov, and he had a great rookie year. Their games are totally different from each other, so it's hard to compare the two.

Frolov has already passed his rookie year numbers. 32 points in 48 games, 31 points in 79 games last season. What a huge improvement he's made! I think after being demoted to the 4th line earlier in the season, Frolov woke up and realized that he has to work hard all the time if he wants to stay on a scoring line. Now with basically all of our offensive weapons sitting in the press box, he's stepping up to the challenge. Even if the Kings don't make it to the playoffs, or if the season goes down the tube, just watching him play is good enough for me.

I know we're hyping him up a lot lately because of his contributions so far and some of the flashes of brilliance he's shown, but he deserves it. The guy works hiss ass off and has steadily improved his game both offensively and defensively. He is the future of the Kings and I'm glad other people are starting to realize that and would stop the stupid trade ideas (Frolov for Comrie? somebody came up with that at LGK when Comrie was available... WTF?).

Go Fro! Keep it up!

Old
01-24-2004, 08:48 AM
punchy1

Wel said lucky. The thing is that Frolov is in his second year and he has been steady eddie throughout. I can only add that this time, unlike after how well he done after last season towards the end when he were on the top line producing, that I can only hope that Andy will reward him, by keeping him on the top lines.

Frolov has proven he plays a very solid two way game and that he will score regardless of where you place him. He will though obviously score more when paired with equally talented offencive players.

Chistov is still a brilliant lad who is mired in a season long slump. He is still fast and talented. He has been given time all over the place to break through and I feel, that he, like so many before him will work his way out of his sophmore slump to become a dandy. Though, I am one of the Homers who said that IF Frolov were to have been given the exact same opps that Chistov were that he would be a bonifide star by now.

Also, what would you expect when you and maybe four or five others are the only sane or semi together people who post at that wasteland of common sense known as LGK. You think that allot of us hammer it on these boards, you should pop over to other teams sites like the one for the Pens or the Panthers, they laugh straight out at the site and see it is evidence that *all* LA fans are inept. Still funny.

Great article from an awful publication and again, cheers mate for popping it up!
Thats two great snips of late lucky, keep it up, you rock.

Cheers

Old
01-25-2004, 08:35 AM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
Frolov is now and will always be twice the player Chistov is.

Old
01-27-2004, 11:02 AM
no name

I cant believe I missed that article. What a pleasure.

Closed Thread