HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rag$... Will they...

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2004, 12:18 PM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
The Rag$... Will they...

Have a Firesale? There is no way these guys make the playoffs, so will they in turn start to blow up this current team and start to rebuild? I am sure their fans want them to, the idea of buying a contender in Hockey hasn't worked for them they obviously haven't spent wisely like Det. and Colorado. So will Sather blow it all up, and then teams can hold him hostage and get large parts of players salaries covered by the Rag$ as he did to the Caps with Jagr? Comments... Is there anyone on that team that could help the Habs?

Old
01-29-2004, 12:41 PM
Stephan Lebeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Have a Firesale? There is no way these guys make the playoffs, so will they in turn start to blow up this current team and start to rebuild? I am sure their fans want them to, the idea of buying a contender in Hockey hasn't worked for them they obviously haven't spent wisely like Det. and Colorado. So will Sather blow it all up, and then teams can hold him hostage and get large parts of players salaries covered by the Rag$ as he did to the Caps with Jagr? Comments... Is there anyone on that team that could help the Habs?
I think the only player on that team I wouldnt mind having is Holik. our defensive style of play (a la New Jersey) is what suits him and brings out the best in him. Mind you, not at the $9M price tag, but you did say it was a firesale.

Old
01-29-2004, 12:52 PM
All-Star

Quote:
If they haven't learned their lesson yet, I don't believe they will this year. I doubt there will be bargains coming out of New York anytime soon... Plus would you really want a player who has been corrupted in that system?

Old
01-29-2004, 12:58 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan Lebeau
I think the only player on that team I wouldnt mind having is Holik. our defensive style of play (a la New Jersey) is what suits him and brings out the best in him. Mind you, not at the $9M price tag, but you did say it was a firesale.
Sure there are players on the Rangers who could help the Canadiens, but they're all unaffordable. The Ranger players who are affordable wouldn't be an improvement on the players in Montréal.

Old
01-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Darz

I don't think even if the rags fall completely out of playoff contention do they have a fire sale. Sather would have to be fired first, and that wouldn't happen before the offseason, so.....

Old
01-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzIsLife
I still want Jagr, getting him in the Offseason would be very good

BTW Betman just killed everyone by saying there would be no cap! are you CRAZY? Football has 10X the profit and THEY have a cap! :mad:
Bettman said no "hard" cap was ever asked, but still wants a cap of sorts. Most likely a cap similar to the NBA.

Old
01-29-2004, 03:21 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
???no way these guys make the playoffs ???

the rags are at 5 points to the Isles and 7 points of the canadians...whit+-33 games remaining for those teams , i don't know why you are so hurry to buried them...do you have a fantastik fortune-teller who told you that ?

Old
01-29-2004, 03:39 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
???no way these guys make the playoffs ???

the rags are at 5 points to the Isles and 7 points of the canadians...whit+-33 games remaining for those teams , i don't know why you are so hurry to buried them...do you have a fantastik fortune-teller who told you that ?
They just lost to Washington... their time is up! They are not making the playoffs! Lindros was their best player now he is gone... do I need to go on?

Old
01-29-2004, 04:05 PM
zurg999

Quote:
They just lost to Washington... their time is up! They are not making the playoffs! Lindros was their best player now he is gone... do I need to go on?

Not to jump on you Blong, but Lindros was playing 3rd/4th line last time I checked. And you can bet NY is looking up towards us rather than downward in the standings.

Old
01-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Habber

In order to have a fire sale you've got to have teams willing to take players, but that won't be the case here cause no other team is stupid enough to take on those huge salaries.

Btw zurg999, Lindros had been playing very well lately, and he does have 32 pts in 39 games this year, that's not too shabby.

Closed Thread