HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek in 4th line today

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2004, 03:32 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

vCash: 500
Komisarek in 4th line today

Komisarek à l'aile droite?
Mathias Brunet dans l'édition de la Presse d'aujourd'hui
sourse: www.chfans.com
Komisarek right wing on the 4th line, and Balej with Zednik and Ribs

Old
01-27-2004, 03:43 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Komisarek à l'aile droite?
Mathias Brunet dans l'édition de la Presse d'aujourd'hui
sourse: www.chfans.com
Komisarek right wing on the 4th line, and Balej with Zednik and Ribs
Here's the link to the article.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/art...4,566309.shtml

From what I gather Julien said we could use a defenceman on forward, but doesn't know if they will recall a player (which is weird, since the Dogs are in St. John's). Brunet is assuming that if Balej was on line two, than Komisarek would step in. I don't think it's official, but maybe I'm wrong.

Old
01-27-2004, 04:08 PM
oli500

No, No and no. I dont think its a good idea using komisarek on a fourth line. Its just to much of a risk considuring hes not donne developping at the nhl level. I just dont think its apropriate to use him as a foward yet. 2 or 3 years down the road could be a different story. maybe we can try it but right now we should stick to what makes him a good player.

If there is a player that should be put at the foward position its andre markov just cause he was originaly a foward before montreal drafted him and he has more experience at that position than komisarek. I also think right now markov has a better vision on the ice than komisarek and his a faster skater then him. Markov has the tools to be a foward so why hurt komisareks developpement has a defencemen.

Old
01-27-2004, 04:18 PM
Blackshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
No, No and no. I dont think its a good idea using komisarek on a fourth line. Its just to much of a risk considuring hes not donne developping at the nhl level. I just dont think its apropriate to use him as a foward yet. 2 or 3 years down the road could be a different story. maybe we can try it but right now we should stick to what makes him a good player.

If there is a player that should be put at the foward position its andre markov just cause he was originaly a foward before montreal drafted him and he has more experience at that position than komisarek. I also think right now markov has a better vision on the ice than komisarek and his a faster skater then him. Markov has the tools to be a foward so why hurt komisareks developpement has a defencemen.
It's better for him to be on the ice than be upstairs

Old
01-27-2004, 04:42 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500

I really don't think this move would hurt his development at all; it could even help... It might give him another perspective on the ice which could help make him a better defenceman in the long run. At this point in his career he's been playing defence so long that I doubt he'd forget it all in just a few games. Now if they still were using him at forward a month from now, I'd start complaining...

Old
01-27-2004, 04:44 PM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad
It's better for him to be on the ice than be upstairs
Ya but if someone on d plays foward there will be a spot open anyways, so komi would still play tonight even if markov his on the fourth line. And komi would get more ice time as d than as a 4th liner.

Old
01-27-2004, 05:04 PM
legaspesien

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
(which is weird, since the Dogs are in St. John's)
St-John Newfoundland is not a metro station from Buffalo I don't understand your weird

Old
01-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Cayouche5

I just Heard CJ and he say ''we will play with 7 D tonight'' with the Suspension of Dagenais and the Injury of Dackell.

Old
01-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Playr050

Send a message via AIM to Playr050
Komo played 4th line in a game earlier this year, there were no complaints then, I don't see why there would be any now.

Old
01-27-2004, 05:58 PM
StanleyCH25

Something tells me they will use him as a 7th d-man / 4th line forward to try and get a few extra mins of playing in for him. 4th line action is limited and mostly involves providing energy and grit which I'm sure Komi can bring. I honestly doubt it would hamper his development as he would be gaining more ice time to get a better feel for the speed and development of plays around him.

We'll see after a few games how things turn out. For those of you worried, I HIGHLY doubt that management would convert him into a 4th line forward so stop worrying so much about him playing in that role.

Old
01-27-2004, 06:04 PM
DEBASER

i don't understand why some fans have problems with komi playing a game out of position. there are only so many places to play, at least he'll be getting playing time and not in the press box. it was the same thing when posters were complaining about pleckanek playing on the fourth line - at least management is finding openings for youngsters to gain experience at the NHL level.

Old
01-27-2004, 07:08 PM
habsfan11

it was just conformed on rds.ca, wow this is weird, i thought they would be better off send him down to get quality ice time, instead of using him as a forward, but CJ has made some bold moves in the past and they have all helped the team. Maybe CJ knows something we dont

Old
01-27-2004, 07:15 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
Maybe CJ knows something we dont
well i'd hope so, he's the coach he should know many things we dont, but anyways who else whould you think of using off our d to play in the fourth line? anyone else would be to valuable to miss at defence, this is a fine move to say the least.

does rds confirm balej on second line as well???????

Old
01-27-2004, 07:19 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
it was just conformed on rds.ca, wow this is weird, i thought they would be better off send him down to get quality ice time, instead of using him as a forward, but CJ has made some bold moves in the past and they have all helped the team. Maybe CJ knows something we dont

Komisarek sera utilisé au sein du quatrième trio avec Darren Langdon et Chad Kilger. That's what they say on RDS... so where will Perreault be? 3rd line?

Old
01-27-2004, 07:22 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
does rds confirm balej on second line as well???????
He is taking Dags' place, yes.

Old
01-27-2004, 07:22 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
Komisarek sera utilisé au sein du quatrième trio avec Darren Langdon et Chad Kilger. That's what they say on RDS... so where will Perreault be? 3rd line?
Perreault ? on St. Catherines

Old
01-27-2004, 07:24 PM
All-Star

Quote:
He would have to be wouldn't he? That's going to cause problems. I hope the Sabres are tired after their road-trip.

Old
01-27-2004, 07:34 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

as per RDS.ca...
"D'autre part, Jozef Balej sera muté sur le premier trio en compagnie de Mike Ribeiro et de Richard Zednik. Balej prendra la place de Pierre Dagenais, suspendu deux matchs."
I thought Koivu's line was the first line??

Old
01-27-2004, 07:38 PM
tchendoh

Send a message via ICQ to tchendoh Send a message via MSN to tchendoh Send a message via Yahoo to tchendoh
, it doesn't really matter which line is the first line but I was also surprised to see RDS write that...

Old
01-27-2004, 07:39 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
as per RDS.ca...
"D'autre part, Jozef Balej sera muté sur le premier trio en compagnie de Mike Ribeiro et de Richard Zednik. Balej prendra la place de Pierre Dagenais, suspendu deux matchs."
Welcome to the complicated world of Montreal media. It's almost a bit childish in some ways, but it does provoke a number of similar minded threads on certain boards though.

Old
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
as per RDS.ca...
Koivu's line is the first but dont fret, RDS thinks Ribeiro the best thing to come since sliced bread. They always do this.

Old
Mike8

I like this move. The Habs brass have told Komisarek to focus on improving his mean streak this year, and giving him time at forward where he can run around and deliver some big hits on the forecheck will allow him to do this.

Old
01-27-2004, 07:41 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchendoh
, it doesn't really matter which line is the first line but I was also surprised to see RDS write that...
yeah it doesn't matter, but I can't stop a smile

Old
01-27-2004, 07:43 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
good move by Julien ; considering that Komi knows that there are 2 players that are in his back , he's going to play with less stress + the all around experiment ,that's could give him more confidence

Old
01-27-2004, 07:46 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Koivu's line is the first but dont fret, RDS thinks Ribeiro the best thing to come since sliced bread. They always do this.
I wish he was, he plays for my team!

Closed Thread