HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Richards playing with mono

Old
01-29-2008, 10:30 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Problems in his family. Ryder never gives an excuse while the season is rolling. Remember his back problems (hernia) in 05-06, we didn't here about it until the season was well over. By this season's end, you might hear about his mom having cancer or something like that. It wouldn't be surprising, Komi lived the same kind of slump (played badly), when his grandma had cancer, 2 years ago (if my memory is correct).

His bro quit the Quadcity Flames after dominating the team in the first six games of the season as a rookie (in last October). Neither the Flames org, the Habs org, nor the Ryder family have given any details about the true nature of Daniel's departure of QC for his native town in NFL. This coincides with his bro's biggest career slump.
Hockley players are souless hocky playing robots who are not affected by personal problems or demons, who will play exactly the same way and put up the exact same numbers no matter what team they play for and who they play with. They are expected to improve every season until they are 31, at which they will decline each season, no matter what without exception. They have no feelings, pride or emotions other than complaining or making excuses. The lone exception is the captain of the team, who can say anything at all, but the emotion behind it is always that he wants out and is a bad captain.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Guy Caballero

I had mono in my early 20s. It lasted 5 months and I lost about 40 pounds. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. And the older you get, reportedly the worse it is. I don't know how he's playing.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Well it's not like overcoming Cancer makes you a better player. Richards is still much better than Koivu IMO.
He said warrior, not player. Don't mince words.

Koivu survived cancer, Mike Ribiero and getting his eye dug out to continue playing NHL level hockey (and don't try to tell me some BS that 36 points in 48 games is not NHL level hockey) when most people thought he was going to be done for good.

I love Brad Richards too, but to downplay Koivu's hardships over Richard's mono is pretty biased.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Lone Rogue

EDIT: Sorry for all of the posts. They keep appearing and disappearing everytime I try to refresh the page, due to a board error. Not spamming. Sorry!

Old
01-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Beakermania*

No problem... I know its the board not you....

I deleted the posts for you though..

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Namso

Saku is a warrior. I dont think even the haters can deny that.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 02:10 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Quote:
Problems in his family. Ryder never gives an excuse while the season is rolling. Remember his back problems (hernia) in 05-06, we didn't here about it until the season was well over. By this season's end, you might hear about his mom having cancer or something like that. It wouldn't be surprising, Komi lived the same kind of slump (played badly), when his grandma had cancer, 2 years ago (if my memory is correct).

His bro quit the Quadcity Flames after dominating the team in the first six games of the season as a rookie (in last October). Neither the Flames org, the Habs org, nor the Ryder family have given any details about the true nature of Daniel's departure of QC for his native town in NFL. This coincides with his bro's biggest career slump.
I was curious awhile back and went on the Flames board. Apparently, Ryder's brother is having some issues. Didn't have time to pull the thread up, but I do remember read it on those boards.

So I can totally accept Ryder's off play this season. I'd even say that Ryder's play has been better since X-mas and I could foresee us signing him to another 1 year contract...

Why not?!? He's part of the "family" for the past few years, we know he'll get his mojo back, his starting to show some gritness like when he played with Ribeiro, he'd make IMO a very good 3rd line sniper in an offensive dept team - which we are starting to show more an more...Higgins - Lapierre - Ryder wasn't bad at all.

And...he'll have to sign cheaper...where ever he goes because of his subpar production. I know...GM's can be foolish...but to a certain extend if the Habs have been supporting him throughout his family problems...I guess It may have impact in the end.

beakermania edit: libel

Last edited by Beakermania*: 01-29-2008 at 05:01 PM.
crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

I think people are making a bigger story out of this than it is.
There's a lot of levels to Mono. Some people need to be hospitalized and others have it a lot easier.

That being said, apparently Richards has had it for over 2months. Call me a fool, but i dont believe that. Ive had mono twice, once it lasted 2weeks, the other around a month.
One thing is for sure, there is no way you can do any kind of intense physical activity during mono. Maybe just once you can try to play through it, but for 2months?no way

There's only 1 cure to mono and its REST and you can't eat anything because the pain of swallowing in your throat is just unbearable. Even drinking cold water hurts. So its just impossible. You can't eat much so you dont have any strenght, you get massive headaches and you lose a lot of weight and energy. But Richards is able to play game in and game out and train/practice hard ???..what kind of crappy fake mono is that?..Some players miss games because of the flu or because of a cold, yet Richards has been playing with Mono for over 2months??..sure sure, and I get daily BJs from Jessica Simpson

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Hockley players are souless hocky playing robots who are not affected by personal problems or demons, who will play exactly the same way and put up the exact same numbers no matter what team they play for and who they play with. They are expected to improve every season until they are 31, at which they will decline each season, no matter what without exception. They have no feelings, pride or emotions other than complaining or making excuses. The lone exception is the captain of the team, who can say anything at all, but the emotion behind it is always that he wants out and is a bad captain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarto View Post
I was curious awhile back and went on the Flames board. Apparently, Ryder's brother is having some issues. Didn't have time to pull the thread up, but I do remember read it on those boards.

So I can totally accept Ryder's off play this season. I'd even say that Ryder's play has been better since X-mas and I could foresee us signing him to another 1 year contract...

Why not?!? He's part of the "family" for the past few years, we know he'll get his mojo back, his starting to show some gritness like when he played with Ribeiro, he'd make IMO a very good 3rd line sniper in an offensive dept team - which we are starting to show more an more...Higgins - Lapierre - Ryder wasn't bad at all.

And...he'll have to sign cheaper...where ever he goes because of his subpar production. I know...GM's can be foolish...but to a certain extend if the Habs have been supporting him throughout his family problems...I guess It may have impact in the end.
Gawd I love you guys....

And I have to agree with Sarto, this is a great chance for the Habs to have Ryder for cheap for a couple seasons. And knowing Ryder has real good buddies on the team, coupled with the fact that the team did support him, he might just come back next year. We don't have many righthanded snipers either.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 01-29-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
And I have to agree with Sarto, this is a great chance for the Habs to have Ryder for cheap for a couple seasons. And knowing Ryder has real good buddies on the team, coupled with the fact that the team did support him, he might just come back next year. We don't have many righthanded snipers either.
That is if no-one out of the other 29 teams want to give him a bigger contract and take the risk. Quite a lot of teams have slumping superstars.

Old
01-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
That is if no-one out of the other 29 teams want to give him a bigger contract and take the risk. Quite a lot of teams have slumping superstars.
Yup, but the situation for Ryder might be different this year. And when Bob really wants a player, he can sign that player before July 1st, or have you forgotten?

I'm tired of the 29-other team argument. Gainey has alot of time between season's end and July 1st to sign Huet, Streit AND Ryder, if he wishes so.

I mean, have you read any of my posts Lone? I ain't no dummy, I know full well about other teams being able to make offers to UFAs, I almost felt like condescending you about not realizing you CAN ACTUALLY sign your own players before July 1st.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Yup, but the situation for Ryder might be different this year. And when Bob really wants a player, he can sign that player before July 1st, or have you forgotten?

I'm tired of the 29-other team argument. Gainey has alot of time between season's end and July 1st to sign Huet, Streit AND Ryder, if he wishes so.

I mean, have you read any of my posts Lone? I ain't no dummy, I know full well about other teams being able to make offers to UFAs, I almost felt like condescending you about not realizing you CAN ACTUALLY sign your own players before July 1st.
I think you provide a lot of intelligent arguments, no one is disputing that.

Ryder would most likely 'test the waters' though on July 1st. If he signs with us for under 2 mil for a year, great. If not, at least we got 3 great years(and maybe, just maybe a great playoff series) out of him.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KostitsyntheBagBaby View Post
I think you provide a lot of intelligent arguments, no one is disputing that.

Ryder would most likely 'test the waters' though on July 1st. If he signs with us for under 2 mil for a year, great. If not, at least we got 3 great years(and maybe, just maybe a great playoff series) out of him.
Thats if he finishes the season with us.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 05:33 PM
JrHockeyFan

He must have gotten med clearance to do this. It can be dangerous to play a contact sport like hockey with mono. As a doctor explained it to me when my son had it, some of your internal organs become swollen and could rupture more easily if you took a hard blow to the gut (i.e. elbow, stick, etc). Normally these organs are better protected by the rib cage too.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
He must have gotten med clearance to do this. It can be dangerous to play a contact sport like hockey with mono. As a doctor explained it to me when my son had it, some of your internal organs become swollen and could rupture more easily if you took a hard blow to the gut (i.e. elbow, stick, etc). Normally these organs are better protected by the rib cage too.
spleen is the major one

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Richards is one guy I would trade Koivu for without hesitation.
wow you are really going out on a limb there....

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
They didn't find out he had mono until after the swelling in his spleen had already gone down.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote