HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Perrault finish the season in Montreal?

View Poll Results: Will #94 be here come the deadline?
Yes 23 28.05%
No 59 71.95%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 500
Will Perrault finish the season in Montreal?

Simple question..will Yanic Perrault finish the season in Montreal?

Personally I don't think that he will. Also is it just me or does he just seem uninterested out there.

Old
01-25-2004, 09:24 PM
Traitor8

Perreault isn't a 4th liner and he needs a lot of minutes to get going.
He can play on the 3rd line with two defensive type guys because he can win faceoffs. I would prefer to deal him to the West in case we meet him in the playoffs.

Old
01-25-2004, 09:25 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Simple question..will Yanic Perrault finish the season in Montreal?

Personally I don't think that he will. Also is it just me or does he just seem uninterested out there.
He does seem very uninterested, not enough ice for him and he probably would love a trade...

Old
01-25-2004, 10:07 PM
Marksman

He might... if trade sends him over to Tampa or Atlanta and Habs finish regular season 6th in the east.

Seriously, I'm keeping my fingers crossed he gets traded somewhere he can be used in role more fitting for him. Not only for our teams sake, but for him own too. He had pretty good year and a half with Habs... even with all the bad rap he gets now.

Old
01-25-2004, 11:23 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Perreault isn't a 4th liner and he needs a lot of minutes to get going.
He can play on the 3rd line with two defensive type guys because he can win faceoffs. I would prefer to deal him to the West in case we meet him in the playoffs.
After each faceoff he takes, Perreault becomes a spectator. He needs a lot more than two defensive wingers... he needs to exhibit some passion for the game and a willingness to sacrifice himself rather than floating around waiting for a loose puck to pop out of the scrum.

If he is still with the Habs at playoff time, you can be assured that he won't be back in September.

Old
01-25-2004, 11:27 PM
Traitor8

Obvivously he won't be back at September.
He already has no place on the team, imagine with Higgins,Plekanec,Perezhogin hitting on the door and Begin healthy. No way he would be with the Habs.

Now, If you put Perreaultin Colorado , he would start playing well and he also gives them depth.

Old
01-26-2004, 12:11 AM
fredez

He will be traded on Superbowl weekend for a right handed center

Old
01-26-2004, 01:46 AM
august

I think that Perreault will be trade at the deadline, but we wont get more than a late choice for him. If we are lucky, maybe a 3rd, but more likely a 4th or 5th round draft pick.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:50 AM
Traitor8

Haha!

Perreault a 3rd liner in Hamilton! That's a joke!

Perreault could be a 3rd liner on most teams in the NHL and he could be a top 2 centre in lots as well.

Old
01-26-2004, 03:24 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
The GM that will trade for Perreault deserve to be fired!

Actually Perreault would be third line center if he were playing for the Bulldogs, do you seriously think he can help any NHL teams?

Perreault is sadly here to stay and will be a healthy scratch for most of the games when Begin returns!

quand tu parles de Perreault , je ne sais plus si je dois en rire ou en pleurer...

Old
01-26-2004, 03:31 AM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
I think the question is, who would you rather have in the pressbox, Perreault or Chad KILLger? Because the other one won't be in Montreal when Begin is back.

Old
01-26-2004, 05:01 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
On dit tjrs mieux vaut en rire qu'en pleurer!

Cest pourtant la triste réalité, Plekanec et Higgins sont deja de bien meilleurs joueurs de hockey!

Tu le vois jouer Perreault oui ou merde? Il ne peut patiner, il ne peut controler la rondelle, il ne peut la passer, il est mou le long des rampes, pourri défensivement et joue avec l'Intensité d'une limace!
oui mais il compte 20 buts par saison et gagne ses mises-en-jeu...

Old
01-26-2004, 06:11 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
He does seem very uninterested, not enough ice for him and he probably would love a trade...
I disagree that Perreault looks uninterested. He tries but he just fails. Like others have said he is just not a 4th line center. He just can't be effective in this role. Not that he's really effective in any role but he's best suited for 2nd line duty. Even on his best night Perreault won't help the habs from the 4th line. In fact he's a nuisance. He doesn't produce any offense, isn't reliable defensively and doesn't provide no energy or hitting. I'd rather see Kilger out there. I'd even dare to say that Perreault tries even harder than he used to. Which says tons about what Perreault can do. Or should I say can't do.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:52 PM
Cariboux

I think he will stay with the Habs this season, except if we get a can't refuse deal. Just imagine that in the 4-5 last games of the season Koivu or Ribs gets injured and we are in the playoffs. Who is going to play as a center on the top 2 lines ? Certainly not Juneau. Perreault would have a lot to prove in this situation and can do a great job in short term for a remplacement.

IMO, he will finish the year in MTL and go with another team this summer

Old
01-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Darz

Tough question.

On one hand, I definately think BG would move Perreault if he found a team that made him an offer that would help the team in one way or another. But, part of me can't imagine why he would move Perreault for a 4th round pick or something like that.

I do agree that he won't be back next year, mind you.

Old
01-26-2004, 05:13 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
For anyone interested I voted yes. I don't see him anywhere else than in Mtl come March, because of a combination of lack of interest from other teams (I.E. poor return) and lack of centers with experience in Montreal (which could help us come playoff time).

Old
01-27-2004, 01:38 AM
oli500

Quote:
The GM that will trade for Perreault deserve to be fired!

Actually Perreault would be third line center if he were playing for the Bulldogs, do you seriously think he can help any NHL teams?

Perreault is sadly here to stay and will be a healthy scratch for most of the games when Begin returns!
Did you honestly think that audette would of ever been picked up by someone when he was put on waivers. Anything is possible and if someone had the guts to pick up audette I think someone has the guts to acquire perrault.!

Old
01-27-2004, 01:40 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
Did you honestly think that audette would of ever been picked up by someone when he was put on waivers. Anything is possible and if someone had the guts to pick up audette I think someone has the guts to acquire perrault.!
Wasn't he signed as a free agent?

Old
01-27-2004, 04:02 AM
goalchenyuk

what did we get for Petrov and gilmour last year ?

Old
01-27-2004, 04:37 AM
Mathieu Lavergne
AKA Saku K.

Send a message via ICQ to Mathieu Lavergne
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
what did we get for Petrov and gilmour last year ?
Picks but at that time we weren't close to a playoff spot which is a different situation than the one we are right now.

Now for the original question, a pretty good one I might add.

First of all, I don't think Perreault will ever bring us anything else than a mid-round pick at best. I see decent reasons for both side of this question.

He should be traded if the Habs feel they are good enough in the faceoff circle because this is the only use I can see for Perreault right now as he is definitely not in the plans of the team. Do we really want a player like Perreault in the playoffs? He can't check, defend, he couldn't win a one-on-one battle to save his own life, his intensity is lacking even when he tries you see that he doesn't have the strenght or the skating to be an effective hockey player.

OTOH, I think Perreault still can be useful and a decent replacement in case of injury to one of our top two center. I like the way he is used right now by CJ, he's using Perrault as the 2-tools center he is, he was asked to take important faceoff in key situations and was asked to go back to the bench right after the faceoff and this strategy has been pretty effective so far. Begin could be used with Perreault on the wing instead of Langdon on the 4th line to provide intensity, grit and defensive conscience to the line. Faceoffs can be cruticial comes playoff time and the best faceoff man in the league would be handy to say the least. He also proved he could produce in the playoffs two years ago, he could still play on the powerplay and replace one of our top-two center if an injury occurs. I don't think we have the centers to make his 65 FO% expandable.

If Perreault is traded, it will be to a playoff contender and he will have the exact same use that he will have if he stays with the team. I say keep him, he could be useful you never know what can happen in the NHL. If Gainey thinks about trading him, it will surely be to a western conference as I don't feel he wants his trade to backfire in his face. The value we would get is not worth the potential use we could make out of him come playoff time IMO. I hate Perreault but as a tool in a reduced role, I hate him less.

P.S.: I didn't really answer to the question after all, I just said what I would do if I were M. Gainey. Oh well.

Last edited by Mathieu Lavergne: 01-27-2004 at 04:49 AM.
Closed Thread