HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

ASG - commentary: AO over celabrate his goals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2008, 12:12 AM
  #76
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
Because I don't like how he acts, like he just scored a game winning goal I have female genitalia? Okay that makes sense. Ovechkin acts like he has just scored his first career goal. My belief is that when you score a goal show some class. I understand how some people like goal celebrations. I don't.
There's a simple remidy for what ails you. Stop the guy from scoring and he won't celebrate. Oh, wait. He scores more than anyone. I guess that's not an option.

I guess you can keep complaining and the rest of of us can just roll our eyes.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 12:25 AM
  #77
canucksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 24,373
vCash: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
In winnipeg, WJC sealing the gold medal game. Pure gold.

This celebration is amazing. Russia came back from behind after 2 periods to bury the Canadians on home ice in their tourny. How can you not love it?
Well if you knew anything this was in 2001. It wasn't in Winnipeg. Also, Kovalchuk led the Russians on Russian soil to a seventh place finish. In this tournament. I am sure he did that same celebration when he received his 7th place medal. Oh wait nevermind.

canucksfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 12:29 AM
  #78
canucksfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 24,373
vCash: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I don't understand how he's being classless. He's not taunting, he's not directing anything at the opposition. He's not busting out some elaborate routine designed to showboat. He just gets excited. If the entire league could play the game with Ovechkin's enthusiasm, it would be a far better place. There are so many players in this league that you wonder if they even have fun because they don't show any emotion 90% of the time. it's refreshing that someone out there clearly enjoys the game and enjoys scoring.
When I played sports I hated the opposition over celebrating. It's the way I am. It's the way I was brought up. I know when I played sports and a guy did over celebrated I always tried to get him a little bit more.

canucksfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 07:47 AM
  #79
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,204
vCash: 500
No offense, Dude, but you sound like you have some pent up Dale Hunter/Pierre Turgeon thing going(If you're not old enough to about this incident I am sure someone here can post the video for you and the suspension that followed).

Ovechkin gets a free Ipod for doing and interview and announces to the room, "Its good to be Ovie!!".

His game is fueled by his passion and love for it. It comes out in the energy in his skating and the smile when he scores. If you are hating on that, then you just don't know how to have fun.

The only outragious celebration that I have seen from him this season anyway was when he whooped and thru his glove 30ft in the air, but that was after he scored his 3rd goal of the game for his once a season hat trick and I would expect that kind of reaction.

After reading about how you were when you played, I am more convinced you need to lighten up. Life passes by fast. You are missing it.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 08:57 AM
  #80
LuigiStone*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart View Post
i life in europe so i know a lot of over celebrate goals...just watch#1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVyMaXa544E
(pls tell me how can put a youtube vid in this thread)
LMAO.

i like your humour.

i life in europe so i know a lot of over celebrate goals...just watch#1 LOL

LuigiStone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 09:06 AM
  #81
HockeyCritter
Registered User
 
HockeyCritter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XploD View Post
He doesn't go nuts in those situations. Especially when his team is down by a lot. He still usually does his glove kiss-off but tones it down when it's lopsided.
I think he'll always kiss the glove and raise it toward the sky .... as was pointed out, Ovechkin uses this as a tribute to his brother.

HockeyCritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 09:12 AM
  #82
daver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 3,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
No offense, Dude, but you sound like you have some pent up Dale Hunter/Pierre Turgeon thing going(If you're not old enough to about this incident I am sure someone here can post the video for you and the suspension that followed).

Ovechkin gets a free Ipod for doing and interview and announces to the room, "Its good to be Ovie!!".

His game is fueled by his passion and love for it. It comes out in the energy in his skating and the smile when he scores. If you are hating on that, then you just don't know how to have fun.

The only outragious celebration that I have seen from him this season anyway was when he whooped and thru his glove 30ft in the air, but that was after he scored his 3rd goal of the game for his once a season hat trick and I would expect that kind of reaction.

After reading about how you were when you played, I am more convinced you need to lighten up. Life passes by fast. You are missing it.

I think the over celebrating can sometimes mean getting too excited over a somewhat meaningless goal, giving the impression he cares more about him scoring than the team winning. An example is last year when he scored against Buffalo to make it something like 6-2 for the Sabres and made a specific gesture towards the Buffalo crowd.

daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 09:31 AM
  #83
halfofwhat
Registered User
 
halfofwhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,085
vCash: 500
I think it's kind of funny how the few people hate on Ovechkins love of the game. Although their pain probably stems from the fact that he's not on their team. Anyway, I love seeing him score he's one of the most fun players to watch in the NHL and a lot of that has to do with his pure passion.

halfofwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 09:32 AM
  #84
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfofwhat View Post
I think it's kind of funny how the few people hate on Ovechkins love of the game. Although their pain probably stems from the fact that he's not on their team. Anyway, I love seeing him score he's one of the most fun players to watch in the NHL and a lot of that has to do with his pure passion.
At least people aren't getting paid to write about how Jealous they are that Ovehckin doesn't play for their team. That's John Buccigross's job.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 09:39 AM
  #85
newellky
Registered User
 
newellky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 683
vCash: 500
i love players with personnality and i think the Sakic celebrations of the 90's were one of the main problems in hockey...i mean as a fan i show emotion so why cant the player?

newellky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 09:42 AM
  #86
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daver View Post
I think the over celebrating can sometimes mean getting too excited over a somewhat meaningless goal, giving the impression he cares more about him scoring than the team winning. An example is last year when he scored against Buffalo to make it something like 6-2 for the Sabres and made a specific gesture towards the Buffalo crowd.
As I recall, that incident happened in a game after the Briere thing and he was getting booed every time he touched the puck. The goal was one of those "OMG did you see that shot?" kind of goals. So, OV played to the crowd a bit.

I had no issues with that.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 09:47 AM
  #87
Macman
Registered User
 
Macman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newellky View Post
i love players with personnality and i think the Sakic celebrations of the 90's were one of the main problems in hockey...i mean as a fan i show emotion so why cant the player?
I love hockey for what happens before the whistle, not after. I'm old school. I prefer my players to show some humility. I hate the taunting and showboating that goes on in the NFL and it's beginning to creep into the hockey.

Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.