Notices

Daigle's future

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2004, 05:46 AM
CFABoy

vCash: 500
Daigle's future

Does this guy have a future with the Wild?? He's done ok this year but with the likes of Koivu and even O'Sullivan, will he just get dropped?
It seems like he still lacks the passion necessary to play in the NHL...

Old
01-27-2004, 06:11 AM
Russian_fanatic

guy was over confident when he first stepped foot in the nhl . He was suppose to be something great but he blew it by cockiness . Skill = yes attitude=worst than fedor fedorov . I check his first year good yes rest sucked . His future is the wilds just watch .

Last edited by Russian_fanatic: 05-22-2004 at 07:12 PM.
Old
01-27-2004, 07:37 AM
ceber

I'd say he at least has a chance to stick around for a bit. He's actually pretty responsible defensively.

Old
01-27-2004, 02:28 PM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

There is something about this guy that I don't like. I don't know quite what it is, but I just don't like watching him play. I'd rather see Wanvig or Wallin or Foy out there playing, then watching this guy try to resurect his career.

As you can probably tell i'm a little negative this morning...

Old
01-27-2004, 03:36 PM
DWP

Well, lets look at some data.
In 48 games Daigle is:
tied for 2nd on team with 23 pts.
leads the team in goals with 12
his +/- is -3. Gaborik is also -3, Walz -2, Bouchard -5.
leads team in PP goals with 6
he trails slighty behind other regular forwards in shifts per game at 22.5. I'm guessing this is because he doesn't do much PK time.

Daigle isn't an aggressive hard checking sort of player. But compard to Walz, Park, Dowd, Laaksonen, M. Chouinard, and Brunette he will look somewhat soft. Ceber stats that he seems responsible defensively. I tend to agree that he doesn't get out of position often.

IMHO, Daigle provides punch on the PP. He keeps the other team honest because he is an open-ice threat. If he does, as Ceber suggests, play responsible defensively, then that's all that can be expected from him. So, I think he is a positive on-ice force on the team. And remember, this guy basically had a 2-way contract going into pre-season. So, I think he has been a pleasant surprise.

There's always the intangibles. Is he a positive or negative force in the locker room?
That I do not know. The fact that he does not get scratched regularly says something for him I would think.

Old
01-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Surly Furious

The few games I've seen I've been surprised by his willingness to go into the corners and even dish out the occasional hit. From what I've heard I expected a total butterfly, but I have been pleasantly surprised. He doesn't look soft to me at all, but then I only see the games that are on KMSP. I also like the skill he brings to the Wild.

Old
01-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Wild Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman
The few games I've seen I've been surprised by his willingness to go into the corners and even dish out the occasional hit. From what I've heard I expected a total butterfly, but I have been pleasantly surprised. He doesn't look soft to me at all, but then I only see the games that are on KMSP. I also like the skill he brings to the Wild.
That surprised me too - I've seen him really nail some guys on the boards. Just a couple of weeks ago, he came out of nowhere and made an outstanding play that started with him just absolutely drilling the defenseman in the corner and scooping the puck off the guy's stick at the same instant, then passing it out to (I think) Dupuis, who one-timed it past the goalie from the top of the faceoff circle. It was one of the best plays I've seen a Wild forward make all year, and to me that said it all about why this guy was taken #1 overall. If he can put those split-second instincts, that agressiveness, and that offensive touch together on a consistent basis, this guy could really be a player.

Closed Thread