HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peter Forsberg

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2008, 08:50 AM
  #1
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Peter Forsberg

Provided his feet don't hurt:

One year deal, ala Selanne = cap friendly

Costs no assets going the other way = no assets going the other way

Dellapina spoke of this last night between periods. He believes he'll be back in the NHL and the Rangers should make a play.

The Flyers might be his logical 1st choice , but that team is red hot right now. They might not need him and/or he might be wary of them cooling off naturally just as he arrives which the Philly media would eat up.

I will admit I think this guy is one of the best to ever play the game. Its surely some wishful thinking to see him a NY Ranger.

But right now....just a one year deal....small cap hit so late in the season.

Why not?

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 08:53 AM
  #2
Stoney La Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
Nope. Because his feet do hurt, and he will be injured by the 2nd game, and even if he was in perfect form his presence on the team wouldn't address the underlying issues that are creating the problems.

Stoney La Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 08:58 AM
  #3
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,532
vCash: 500
I'm in agreement with Eureka. I don't want Forsberg anywhere near this team. This is a move i make if Forsberg is say 30, 31. It's a chance I might take. But for a soon-to-be 35 year old with a loooooong history of injury problems and foot/ankle issues. I think it would be more of the same old situation for the Rangers. Just another chef in a crowded kitchen for as long as it takes him to get back on the IR. And make no mistake...that's exactly where he'll spend most of his Rangers career.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 08:58 AM
  #4
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
even if he was in perfect form his presence on the team wouldn't address the underlying issues that are creating the problems.
Have you seen the Rangers Power Play?

If you can add Peter Forsberg at the deadline and sacrafice NO assets...

how do you say no?

The Rangers have an excellent medical staff. They wouldnt sign him if they didnt feel he was healthy.

If he's good to go, Sather should get it done.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:00 AM
  #5
MortUWary
Registered Loser
 
MortUWary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
Nope. Because his feet do hurt, and he will be injured by the 2nd game, and even if he was in perfect form his presence on the team wouldn't address the underlying issues that are creating the problems.
As much as I'm inclined to agree with you, I can't help but think of a line of Straka/Foppa/Jagr. It's a move that won't cost any assets, just money. Although this former warrior's foot issues have rendered him too fragile to rely on.

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:01 AM
  #6
Stoney La Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Have you seen the Rangers Power Play?
I'll admit to sometimes covering my eyes during the PP because watching it can be aggravating enough to bring on a stroke. But I still don't think Foppa's the answer.

Stoney La Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:02 AM
  #7
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
According to Ekland Forsberg wants to come here more than anywhere else.

I don't know why people wouldn't want to sign him for a 1 year deal.

Straks-Forsberg-Jagr
Drury-Gomez-Pruch/Avery
Dawes-Dubi-Shanny
Hollweg/Avery-Betts-Orr

We could even trade Shanny away than for picks/prospects. Don't think it is to bad of an idea.

But would only sign him for a 1 yr deal. Worst comes to worse by the TD if the Rags are out we could than trade him for more picks and prospects.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=12944

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:14 AM
  #8
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Rangers really need a shake up.

Basicly every team has a shot at the playoffs. They will all be handcuffed by the standings at the deadline.

The Big trade isnt likely to come because no GM wants to trade their best players while they still have a shot.

We may get a D upgrade swapping Malik, but the impact players are not going to be moving.

Forsberg has said 1000x he'll only return if he truly feels he can compete.

Thats an impact player.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:15 AM
  #9
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
According to Ekland Forsberg wants to come here more than anywhere else.

I don't know why people wouldn't want to sign him for a 1 year deal.

Straks-Forsberg-Jagr
Drury-Gomez-Pruch/Avery
Dawes-Dubi-Shanny
Hollweg/Avery-Betts-Orr

We could even trade Shanny away than for picks/prospects. Don't think it is to bad of an idea.

But would only sign him for a 1 yr deal. Worst comes to worse by the TD if the Rags are out we could than trade him for more picks and prospects.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=12944
LOL E4 ?

Who's Eks source?

Maybe he heard Dellapina. Or maybe they have the same source.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:17 AM
  #10
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
LOL E4 ?

Who's Eks source?

Maybe he heard Dellapina. Or maybe they have the same source.
haha. But really I wouldn't have any problems w/ Forsberg coming to this team. he plays more of Nylanders style just much much better. he could work great w/ Jagr.

But than again he might not.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:22 AM
  #11
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
haha. But really I wouldn't have any problems w/ Forsberg coming to this team. he plays more of Nylanders style just much much better. he could work great w/ Jagr.

But than again he might not.
The style of Forsberg could never in any way ever be comparable to the style of Nylander. They are almost opposite. One is a bull in a china shop and the other is a slick passing, for the most part perimeter player, who darts in and out. The only thing they have in common is the ability to pass the puck.

The reason he might want to come here is that the Rangers have a long history of bringing in players that would be better off retired than playing.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:26 AM
  #12
redfzn
#94
 
redfzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,472
vCash: 500
I'm all for anything that'll get this team going, as long as this Foppa thing isn't more than a 1 year contract at a time, like we do with Shanny every time we decide to re-sign him, give him another year.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:30 AM
  #13
johnny_rudeboy
Registered User
 
johnny_rudeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
According to Ekland Forsberg wants to come here more than anywhere else.

I don't know why people wouldn't want to sign him for a 1 year deal.

Straks-Forsberg-Jagr
Drury-Gomez-Pruch/Avery
Dawes-Dubi-Shanny
Hollweg/Avery-Betts-Orr

We could even trade Shanny away than for picks/prospects. Don't think it is to bad of an idea.

But would only sign him for a 1 yr deal. Worst comes to worse by the TD if the Rags are out we could than trade him for more picks and prospects.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=12944

Why not play Forsberg with his old mate Drury and put Shanny in there to get some natural scoring.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:30 AM
  #14
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie
 
Sad London Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: london england
Posts: 2,455
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
because he is a spent fors!
he could neither help Nashville nor the Flyers.
It would be fairytale ending but sadly I dont' think it'll be the right move

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:36 AM
  #15
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
The style of Forsberg could never in any way ever be comparable to the style of Nylander. They are almost opposite. One is a bull in a china shop and the other is a slick passing, for the most part perimeter player, who darts in and out. The only thing they have in common is the ability to pass the puck.

The reason he might want to come here is that the Rangers have a long history of bringing in players that would be better off retired than playing.
Their passing and their stick handling possesion type game is what I was referring to. Both are very good and creative w/ the puck and can retain puck possession very well.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:37 AM
  #16
92hatchattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,338
vCash: 500
If were not giving anything up so sign him to a one year deal.... then how can I say no??? Whos gonna take the puck from Forsberg and Jagr???

Drury-Forsberg-Jagr

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:37 AM
  #17
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,387
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
Why not play Forsberg with his old mate Drury and put Shanny in there to get some natural scoring.
I was thinking this earlier today, but decided to keep quiet since I don't think Foppa will join the Rangers...but time will tell

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:37 AM
  #18
KRM
Registered User
 
KRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,088
vCash: 500
Wouldn't be surprised if Modo has his signature on a contract sometime tomorrow.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:50 AM
  #19
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
might get your wish chariot


http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=12944


Quote:
According to my source the team Forsberg would MOST like to play for is the NY Rangers. This is a source that has been VERY solid for quite some time in the past regarding Forsberg and other players as well.

The Problem in NY and Philly is obviously cap space, however both teams are reportedly looking into creating space soon..

I was told that the Rangers and Flyers are for personal reasons and the Red Wings are simply because they have the best shot at winning

now what

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:53 AM
  #20
redfzn
#94
 
redfzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
might get your wish chariot


http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=12944





now what
This link was already posted.

Slats should lock him up for the rest of the season for CHEAP. He already wants to be a Ranger, he knows he's not Foppa from 5 years ago, I'm sure he'll sign a cheap deal. Snatch him up before the Flyers or the Wings do.

If he doesn't work, he's gone in the off season, no loss really.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:56 AM
  #21
Banger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 889
vCash: 500
He's going to be a flyer.

Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 10:03 AM
  #22
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banger View Post
He's going to be a flyer.
Amen. I have fingers and toes crossed.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 10:59 AM
  #23
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Forsberg goes to the Flyers and they for whatever reason dont play as well as they have been lately and he'll be crucified.

Forsberg goes the Rangers and they still play mediocre no one will blame Forsberg

If the Rangers get even a little better it will likely mean a playoff spot.

Doesnt Forsberg make the Rangers at the very least "a little better"?

Giving up nothing to get him is the cherry ontop

Well actually the cherry on top would be when he sets up Jagr for the GWG to advance past the Flyboys in the 2nd round


I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 11:01 AM
  #24
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Forsberg goes to the Flyers and they for whatever reason dont play as well as they have been lately and he'll be crucified.

Forsberg goes the Rangers and they still play mediocre no one will blame Forsberg

If the Rangers get even a little better it will likely mean a playoff spot.

Doesnt Forsberg make the Rangers at the very least "a little better"?

Giving up nothing to get him is the cherry ontop

Well actually the cherry on top would be when he sets up Jagr for the GWG to advance past the Flyboys in the 2nd round

completely agree... and if he doesn't make the team better and we keep losing we could still deal him at the TD for more picks/prospects.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 11:03 AM
  #25
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
"I was told that the Rangers and Flyers are for personal reasons and the Red Wings are simply because they have the best shot at winning"

I am not saying NYR does not have a shot but Forsberg is a playmaker I think NYR need a sniper because Jagr, Shanny and Prucha can not score like they did last year.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 01-30-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.