HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Which Jackets Are On Your Trade List?

Old
01-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 500
Which Jackets Are On Your Trade List?

What guys would you be more than pleased to trade.

Chimera, Vyborny, OKT, Brule, Fritsche.

Those are the guys I wouldn't have a hard time trading...

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
Brule
Malhotra
Fedorov
Fritsche
Tollefson
Norrena

Goaliemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Chimera, Malhotra, Fritsche

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 06:21 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Fedorov
Fedorov
Fedorov
Fedorov
Fedorov
Fedorov

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Renion

Hey, I remember when Zherdev used to head these lists.

Hint hint, nudge nudge.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 06:42 PM
pipe dreams

keep Rick and Nick

pipe dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 06:43 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

After last night Vyborny for sure. It has been sad to watch him this year. He has lost "it". Maybe he can get "it" back with another team.

Also Brule, Malhotra, Fedorov, Tollefson, Norrena and Chimmer.

01-30-2008, 06:59 PM
CBJFan827

Chimera, Vyborny, TKO, Fedorov

CBJFan827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 07:03 PM
Stretch Factor

I'm surprised people would be "more than pleased" to trade Brule. If anyone on the club deserves the proper chance to develop, it's Brule. We are going to need a top six winger in the next two years, other than Jakub, Brule's all we got.

I'm not sure I'd necessarily be "pleased" to trade these players, but here goes.

Feds-not coming back next year, may bring a decent return at the deadline

Foote-Work on an extension, but I don't think he'll sign for what we offer ($2.5-3.5 mil tops). IF and only IF we are 6 points or more out at the deadline, I'd be willing to trade Foote, because the return will be very high. Of all our players, Foote has the most value at the deadline. He knows that and we know that. My guess is Foote will be playing elsewhere next year for at least $4 mil.

Chimmer-he either needs to be traded or placed on the proper line. Chimmer is a great checking forward with amazing speed, but he should not be a top six forward. If someone is willing to give us a 2nd or 3rd rounder, I'd trade him.

Vybes- I think he'd be a nice third liner for us next year, but his price will be too high for that role. I'd trade him now if he has decent value (2nd rounder, decent prospect, or part of a package) Depends on what we do with Chimmer and Manny.

Manny-He makes for a nice third or fourth liner for us next year, plus he can kill penalties and take face-offs. If someone is willing to overpay or if he's part of a package I'd be willing to ship him off.

Fritsche-I like the kid, but if someone is willing to overpay, I wouldn't be upset. I think he is at best a nice third liner. It all depends on what we do with those above.

OKT-Nice kid who plays hard, but is replaceable. The one position in our pipleine that worries me is D, but I think we can find another OKT.

Peca-either sign to an extension or trade. We could use him next year for sure, but if we keep Manny and Novotny, I don't see where he fits in. He's a third line center who has leadership qualities, plays sound defense, is good at face-offs and has a bit of offensive upside.

1st Round pick-This is the first year I'd be willing to trade our #1 pick. I want a top line center or a Dan Boyle type in return though.

Crunchies-I wouldn't be upset with trading anyone in Syracuse not named Brule. Lindstrom and Picard wouldn't bother me in the least. I don't think either has top six potential.

Here's a partial list of players I wouldn't mind to see headed this way via trade or free agency:
Vermette, Corvo, Boyle, Jordan Staal, Jeff Carter, Marleau, Langkow, Huselius, Pitkanen, Bryan Campbell, Patrick O'Sullivan, Mike Cammilerri (SP?)

Stretch Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 07:04 PM
blahblah

In order...

Vyborny
Malhotra
Chimera
Brule

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 07:52 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Anyone who's going to get us something very worthwhile in return, obvious keepers (Nash, Z, Pazzy, etc) aside.

Try and strike a deal with Peca & from what I saw last night, we probably could use Foote next season, too.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Fedorov
Foote
Malhotra
Chimera
Fritsche
Vyborny

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Lsquared

In order:

Vyborny
Fritsche
Fedorov
Norrena
Chimera
Tollefson
Brule
Malhotra

Lsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 08:27 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

On his show today, Hitch singled out Chimera as his best forechecker on the team, along with Boll. Hitch then said, "forechecking is our calling card." So you gotta believe Chim isn't going anywhere.

Hitch also said that he doesn't expect many moves.

Sergei and Vybes are obvious choices for a trade, but we'd only get a prospect/pick for them, and I think we're loaded there. Plus Hitch said he doesn't want to improve another team by giving them our guys. So I think we're needing to TRADE UP ...giving away a future pick/prospect to ADD TO our lineup, rather than giving a current asset away that would improve another team's chances this year (as Vybes and Feds might)

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 08:28 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Westcott - CBJ saddled with a $1+ million contract for a guy who is now AHL caliber (no fault of his own, but still).

Fedorov - good on transition, unlikely to re-sign for what we think he's worth. Likely to fetch the most quality on the trade market.

Vyborny - He's either done, didn't fit into Hitchcock's system or needs to get his mojo back. Either way, he's wasting more of our scoring opportunities than he's taking advantage of.

Malhotra - "Yeah, but he wins faceoffs!" Too bad that's all he does well. I LOVE his hustle and his Bobby Orr goal is still my All-Time CBJ fav. We have plenty of centers who need those 4th line minutes to develop. Malhotra has reached his high water mark.

Chimera - "Yeah, but he's fast!" Does it matter whether you screw up fast or screw up slowly? He's certainly not the brightest bulb in the box.

Modin - Good - and needed - talent, but I'm getting the feeling his back is damaged goods. With $3.5 million in salary, if this is the case, I hope another team takes a chance on him.

Foote - I'd like to see him re-signed for $2-3 million a year. If he thinks he's worth more, we need to get something for him.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Skraut

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=463172

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:09 PM
The Subdude

Skraut . . .

I put together a simlar rant a couple of years ago. I'm with you - to a player, except I think you were too easy on Chimera. He SUX!

Very well done!

The Subdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Tons of great responses in this thread...I don't think I read one name I did not agree with. JF/Hitch may have a point about Chimera though. Is all we focus on is his lighting fast speed down the boards then a dud! But how often do we watch how he checks along the boards or mucks up the other teams skaters?

Our problem fellow Jacket fans is that we have a team full of grinders of different natures and hardly any skilled hockey players... If our owner, management or whoever continues to handcuff spending; the Jackets will hover around 85 points forever.. Perhaps that's why Mr. Howson was hired, he could be the type of guy who still has the first dollar he ever earned.... Just a thought people, just a thought.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:47 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

And that would explain Hitch's logic to saddling Z with Chimmer on his line. Chimmer forechecks, Z picks up the loose puck, makes a move or two and BAM! Cannonfire. If only...

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:53 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Our problem fellow Jacket fans is that we have a team full of grinders of different natures and hardly any skilled hockey players, that we tend to put below-the-bar "skill" players on an unjustified pedestal.
Cleaned that up a bit for you Robert.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Duuuuuuuuuuvie

Send a message via AIM to Duuuuuuuuuuvie
Centers that can win faceoffs, kill penalties, play solid defensively, always stick up for their teammates and can chip in with goals now and then are at a premium. Please don't trade Malholtra.

If we are in the playoff hunt there is no way Foote goes anywhere without a 3 team trade where we bring back a younger defenseman who can help us this year and years to come.

I'd hate to lose Fedorov if we are going towards the playoffs but I think we can add more than he is worth to us assuming Modin, Peca, Malholtra are healthy.

OK is the only defenseman we can part with, imo, without drastically hurting our D.

Brassard, Lindstrom, Russell are all ahead of Brule, imo and shouldn't be moved unless we are bringing in a 1st line center. I'm not excited to move them but I'd have him on the trade block.

Duuuuuuuuuuvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 10:16 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

In order:

Chimmer
Malhotra
Federov (I think we could ge a good return if we package him, and I don't want to see him resigned).
Foote (I don't think he'll resign, so I think we'll deal him before the deadline if we're out of the playoffs).
Westcott
OKT (I don't think we'd get anything for Westcott unless we bundle, if we traded OKT and Westcott for another defensemen and kept Methot up).

Vyborny I'd like to hold onto. I think with some other moves, we'll see him come back.
Brule I'd hold onto depending on how he preforms when he plays again.
And of course the obvious. Nash, Z, etc.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Cleaned that up a bit for you Robert.
Thank you, I can only go so far on any given evening....

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 10:26 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
And that would explain Hitch's logic to saddling Z with Chimmer on his line. Chimmer forechecks, Z picks up the loose puck, makes a move or two and BAM! Cannonfire. If only...
The thing is, more often than not, Nikki's going to get into the offensive zone on his own or by passing to someone on the rush. He doesn't usually have to dump it in and hope for a strong forechecker to pick it up. That's just one of many reasons why I think Chimera isn't a good fit for that line. Since the puck is going to get into the zone anyway, you might as well put someone with better offensive skills out there with Nikki--like Modin. But then we enter into another problem: Modin's lack of speed. I'd still prefer Modin than Chimera, but it's not ideal.

Of course, I liked the Z-Novo-Vybes line, too. But that line requires Novotny to do what he was doing earlier in the season: going to the net. He hasn't played like that in a while, though he's still been a solid presence.

Anyway, as people keep saying, and have been saying for eons, we just don't have enough options--or the right options?--in the top 6 to get some ideal pairings.

(I'm kinda responding to Bugg from the Brule thread, as well. I read both your comments and started writing the same exact thing, so I figured I shouldn't waste time )

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Usually when Z passes to Chimera, he swings and misses, or misses the net by a mile.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote