HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Jackets Are On Your Trade List?

Old
01-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Usually when Z passes to Chimera, he swings and misses, or misses the net by a mile.

Damn I like it when you say stuff like that instead of me....

That said, the goal last night by Chims was a beauty but the pass to make that goal was better...Z should have been given the goal and Chims the assist....

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 12:45 AM
Mogilny89

Chimera - Fast but not the best hockey sense. Guys like this are a dime a dozen.
Fedorov - UFA; but if he wanted to resign for 3rd line center numbers, I'd take him back.
Klesla - I'm telling you guys, he's a risky defenseman, I love when he plays conservative but he can make some BIG mistakes sometimes.
Foote - Only because I think he's got the most trade value.

I think we should keep Vybes, he'll have a better year next year. We owe it to the guy to give him one off year- hell we did it with Z. At least David is trying this year. I think his health and confidence have been his problems this year, but there's no reason he can't return to form.

I'd also trade Hainsey, but only if it's because we know he won't sign with us. Hopefully he wants to stay, in which case he should be resigned.

Mogilny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 01:03 AM
Ar-too

vCash: 1000
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
In the right blockbuster deal, I'd trade Rick Nash. He's a superstar for sure, but I'm not sure that he's a luxury we can afford. Zherdev with Rick's current deal would be more valuable, and I'm not sure we can pay two wingers what Rick's going to command for his next contract and still get the help we need up the middle and in our top defensive pairing.

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 01:08 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
In the right blockbuster deal, I'd trade Rick Nash. He's a superstar for sure, but I'm not sure that he's a luxury we can afford. Zherdev with Rick's current deal would be more valuable, and I'm not sure we can pay two wingers what Rick's going to command for his next contract and still get the help we need up the middle and in our top defensive pairing.

An excellent point, and one folks want to ignor or simply don't think of. As we slowly build this team over the next two years guess what? Bye Nash...then what? More patience? No Jacket player should be considered untouchable, ever.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 01:11 AM
georgiabluejacket

Norrena-not that I don't like him, but teams(OTT) are looking for goalies and he's just sitting on our bench. Trade him for a prospect already.

georgiabluejacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 01:32 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Tons of great responses in this thread...I don't think I read one name I did not agree with. JF/Hitch may have a point about Chimera though. Is all we focus on is his lighting fast speed down the boards then a dud! But how often do we watch how he checks along the boards or mucks up the other teams skaters?.....
Thanks for agreeing with Coach Hitchcock, Bob (and me too).
I wish some other posters in this thread would listen to what the COACH is saying about various players. It's like they don't really watch the games, or listen to Hitch talk about WHY HE likes certain players.

Hitch seems to have a short list of players he consistently praises and pimps:
  • Nash
  • Zher
  • Foote
  • Chim
  • Boll
  • Murray
  • Vyborny
  • Russell
  • Modin
  • Pazzy
Did I miss anybody?

And Hitch seems to routinely single them out for things the average fan doesn't pay attention to, such as competitiveness, board work, forechecking, passing... the stuff the coach likes. Safe to say these are "the Hitch guys."

What's interesting about the list are the guys NOT on it....people who's names are rarely if ever singled out for praise by Hitch. (and I've listened to almost every show and post-game) Manny and OKT stand out on THAT list.

Interesting.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 08:44 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

That would certainly have to be a blockbuster! If we can't afford top-quality players, then we can't be a top-quality team. If winning can't generate sufficient revenue to support that level of performance, then this is not a major league market. I'm not willing to concede that, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
An excellent point, and one folks want to ignor or simply don't think of. As we slowly build this team over the next two years guess what? Bye Nash...then what? More patience? No Jacket player should be considered untouchable, ever.

Agree completely, Robert: nobody is untouchable. That said, some are more available than others! Rick, Pazzy, and Nik would be the most difficult to trade and would require the greatest return. They provide the scoring, goal tending, and excitement necessary for the winning, entertaining team we hope to see here.

Last edited by pete goegan: 01-31-2008 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Forgot Pazzy (sorry Mel!)
pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 08:59 AM
kidAcbj
Ohhh Canadaaaa

well i wont go as far as "would be pleased" to trade...more like id definitely be ok with it

in this order....

Fedorov
Vyborny
Chimera
Foote

as or some others that have been mentioned a lot...

Manny has always been one of my favorites so id hate to see him go and im not quite ready to give up on Brule....close, but not quite

kidAcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 09:53 AM
Stretch Factor

Quote:
No one should be "untouchable" in pro sports, but come on. Rick Nash is the heart and soul of the team. He is the franchise.

Just out of curiosity who would we have to get in return to trade Nash. For me it would be another franchise player. Obviously that franchise player will be making just as much or more than Nash, so why bother. Unless Rick has a falling out with fans or management, which I highly doubt would happen, he's here to stay.

Stretch Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 10:00 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Thanks for agreeing with Coach Hitchcock, Bob (and me too).
I wish some other posters in this thread would listen to what the COACH is saying about various players. It's like they don't really watch the games, or listen to Hitch talk about WHY HE likes certain players.
So Mr. I-listen-to-Hitchcock, when Hitchcock says "<Insert Player Name> has been playing better". What does that mean to you? Does that mean Hitch is happy with him?

At an rate, whatever. That energy line has been called out all year, if you have been listening to Hitch. You can see it if you really watch the games. I've (and a small smattering of others from time-to-time) been calling out Chimera and Manny from the 1st month. Manny is still "protected" quite a bit, because he wins face-offs. He's below-the-bar as much as he's at it, never mind above it.

People hear what they want to hear. It's taken months to be able to say anything negative about Vyborny without getting my head ripped off. That's another "He's been playing better" kind of guy.

It's pretty bad when some of our 'Cuse players have been coming up and outplaying some of these guys.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 10:48 AM
forktie

vyborny
brule
fedorov

I still like the "Speed Team"

forktie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 10:51 AM
ca5150

In order

Draft picks- only way we are going to get a big time player without messing up our chemistry anymore
Vyborny-useless
Klesla- how has nobody mentioned him yet, he's by far our worst defensemen
Chimera-please get him away from Zherdev, he's kryptonite for Z
Malhotra-good faceoffs, zero anything else
Hainsey-poor in his own end, can't outlet pass, can't skate with the puck, shot get's through but not good enough to keep
Modin-injury prone, only a matter of time before he's on the rack again
Brule-he's too young to give up on but if you can get a big time D who isn't a rent a player then I'd take it

Fedorov and Foote aren't going anywhere nor do I want them to, Feds will take a huge pay cut to resign next year and Foote will as well. I don't think either of them want to uproot again unless it's to Detroit and Colorado.

Last edited by ca5150: 01-31-2008 at 11:00 AM.
ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
So Hitch is happy. You can see it if you really watch the games.

I've been "protected" quite a bit, without getting my head ripped off. It's pretty bad.
Quote:
People hear what they want to hear.
Indeed.

Old
01-31-2008, 10:59 AM
ca5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogilny89 View Post
Chimera - Fast but not the best hockey sense. Guys like this are a dime a dozen.
Fedorov - UFA; but if he wanted to resign for 3rd line center numbers, I'd take him back.
Klesla - I'm telling you guys, he's a risky defenseman, I love when he plays conservative but he can make some BIG mistakes sometimes.
Foote - Only because I think he's got the most trade value.

I think we should keep Vybes, he'll have a better year next year. We owe it to the guy to give him one off year- hell we did it with Z. At least David is trying this year. I think his health and confidence have been his problems this year, but there's no reason he can't return to form.

I'd also trade Hainsey, but only if it's because we know he won't sign with us. Hopefully he wants to stay, in which case he should be resigned.

Finally someone else that said Klesla, why is everyone all over OKT, he was our most solid D last year and he's coming back to form now. Klesla has never developed into the player that we hoped, he is invisible offensively most nights and glaringly apparent in our own end when he's out of position and leaving guys alone in front of the net, or not covering his partners butt like against Phoenix when he was lost on the GWG when Hejda went for the intercept. Klesla is terrible and I've seen enough and had enough of waiting around for him to reach his potential, he was supposed to be a 15-20 goal a year offensive defensemen and he's turned into a guy that we are pleased if he doesn't shoot it in his own net. Klesla doesn't hit anyone, doesn't fight, can't skate with the puck, doesn't shoot the puck, I can't figure out one thing he does well. Yet everyone on here wants to trade Ole who hits everything in sight, fights, protects his players and is rarely out of position.

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 11:02 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Indeed.
lol, nice

Old
01-31-2008, 11:10 AM
hossua34
Mutt

Send a message via AIM to hossua34 Send a message via Yahoo to hossua34
In no real order: Foote, Malhotra, Chimera, Vyborny, Modin, Federov and Norrena.

I think all of you guys jumping on the "Trade Brule" bandwagon are out of your ****ing minds. If we trade him now - mark my words - we will be kicking our collective ass a few years down the road when he's consistenly putting up big numbers on us and the rest of the NHL.

hossua34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 11:10 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Iíll trade anyone and anything provided there are compelling cases for the short and/or long term success of the franchise.

I know that is terribly non-specific, but my trade list varies based on the return. Iím not real good operating in this wide of a framework. Give me some targets and Iíll give you some lists.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 11:38 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossua34 View Post
I think all of you guys jumping on the "Trade Brule" bandwagon are out of your ****ing minds. If we trade him now - mark my words - we will be kicking our collective ass a few years down the road when he's consistenly putting up big numbers on us and the rest of the NHL.
Maybe. Brule got called up after scoring a lot of his points in a single hat trick. He didn't exactly brurn it up down there. So here might be his chance to start and prove us wrong.

Either way, you have no basis for your opinion based on his performance in the NHL to this point. Seems that your basing it either on your gut instinct or his performance in juniors. Even at his best last year, he didn't show anything that made me think he was going to light up the NHL. Pardon me if I don't jump on the bandwagon yet.

I haven't completely given up on him yet, but if I get a good trade off for him, I would have to listen.

Old
01-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Ar-too

vCash: 1000
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
That would certainly have to be a blockbuster! If we can't afford top-quality players, then we can't be a top-quality team. If winning can't generate sufficient revenue to support that level of performance, then this is not a major league market. I'm not willing to concede that, yet.
It would have to be a big time trade that would address at least 1 of our serious needs:

- a true #1 center entering or at the beginning of his prime
- a bona fide #1 defenseman entering or at the beginning of his prime

Short of that, I wouldn't trade Rick Nash. I wouldn't trade him for the sake of trading him, and I wouldn't trade him for any other winger in the league, save Ovechkin - but I think that would be defeating the purpose too considering Ovechkin's current contract. I definitely wouldn't do a Heatley/Hossa type trade in any case.

Maybe I'm creating a false dichotomy, but for the sake of argument, let me ask this question: If you had to choose between having Nash for the next 8-10 years and having Zherdev for the next 8-10 years, who would you choose? I'd take Zherdev because I think he's more versatile. And if by making that choice, I could trade Rick Nash and get someone like Daniel Briere or Dion Phaneuf back, then I'd do it.

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 12:23 PM
forktie

I wouldn't trade Nash. I would pay him and resign him. Sometimes it isn't about the money.

SJ got the better end of the deal with Thornton.
If we traded away Nash to whoever for (inset 3 reasonable players) the other team would get hte better deal.

forktie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 12:33 PM
osucbj03

Send a message via AIM to osucbj03
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca5150 View Post
Finally someone else that said Klesla, why is everyone all over OKT, he was our most solid D last year and he's coming back to form now. Klesla has never developed into the player that we hoped, he is invisible offensively most nights and glaringly apparent in our own end when he's out of position and leaving guys alone in front of the net, or not covering his partners butt like against Phoenix when he was lost on the GWG when Hejda went for the intercept .
How on earth can you blame Klesla and not Hejda for that goal? Hejda is one of the slowest players on the team (if not the slowest) and he made a terrible read and a terrible jump to pinch in the puck at the RED line (the risk vs reward there was dumb- even if he gets to the puck its a dump in, if he doesnt its a breakaway).

Quote:
Klesla doesn't hit anyone
He's second on our team behind Hejda and 45th in the league.

Quote:
doesn't fight
you are right, but that hardly means he's any less valueable.

Quote:
can't skate with the puck, doesn't shoot the puck
he's second behind Hainsey with 85.

Quote:
I can't figure out one thing he does well
He's 26th in the league for defenseman in goals in a defensive-minded system, this is the first year he has a plus rating (showing improvement), he's on pace to get around 10 goals (last year he led our Dmen with 9), 2nd behind Foote in TOI per game this year, 2nd behind Hejda in hits, 2nd behind Foote in blocked shots, and has 2 more turnovers in 17 more games than OK.

He's in the top 2 or 3 in almost every statistical category for our defenseman. OKT is NO where close.

I can't understand why he is so tradeable. Please don't trade Rusty unless it's for a real top center and we retain at least 2 of Hainsey, Foote, Hejda

osucbj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 12:50 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Hmm, Vżbornż wants to play in Czech at next season.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 01:43 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Hmm, Vżbornż wants to play in Czech at next season.
Do you have a new link to an old story? Every year he wants to play in the Czech (kind of like every high profile FA wants to play in Toronto) the next year. That's a very old statement and haven't seen anything new to support that. The last I saw anything was ealier in the year when he said he wanted to be a Jacket and seemed to indicate that his familily liked it here.

I honestly hope that's the case, because it looks like his career as a Jacket is coming to an end.

Old
01-31-2008, 02:34 PM
5StringBuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Do you have a new link to an old story? Every year he wants to play in the Czech (kind of like every high profile FA wants to play in Toronto) the next year. That's a very old statement and haven't seen anything new to support that. The last I saw anything was ealier in the year when he said he wanted to be a Jacket and seemed to indicate that his familily liked it here.

I honestly hope that's the case, because it looks like his career as a Jacket is coming to an end.
On the other hand, if he declares his intention to return the the Czech Republic next season, it probably further reduces what we could get for him in a trade.

5StringBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 02:37 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA28Flyer View Post
On the other hand, if he declares his intention to return the the Czech Republic next season, it probably further reduces what we could get for him in a trade.
That is true, although with him being a UFA anyway, I'm not sure how much that really matters.

I actually am curious if it's something new or just repeating of the old urban legend.