HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Jackets Are On Your Trade List?

Old
02-04-2008, 01:01 PM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossylog View Post
i think its time to put a package deal together and get nash a #1 centerman and maybe package a brule/chimmer/vybes to someone for a playmaker.
Pretty sure the Jackets have been trying that all year (get Nash a center). Just because you want one doesn't mean your gonna get one.

Same story, we want to throw crap at the wall and expect a center to magically appear. Vyborny couldn't even get us Dubinsky.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 09:51 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Pretty sure the Jackets have been trying that all year (get Nash a center). Just because you want one doesn't mean your gonna get one.

Same story, we want to throw crap at the wall and expect a center to magically appear. Vyborny couldn't even get us Dubinsky.
Exactly... I don't think a lot of people here realize that if we want a true number one center, we are going to have to part with pieces they may not want to part with it... (Not saying Dubinsky is but thats for another thread)

So basically, it shouldn't be "Who's on the trade list", it should be "How badly do you want what this team needs?"

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post

Our trade list is short, we will never get the center we need unless Nash, Zherdev, Leclaire or lesser players and first round picks are on the table. If none of that is touchable then signing a big name free agent is the next move, if that is untouchable then wait 3 years for Brassard to develop. At some point either stars, money or time must be antied up. Pick your poisen.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 10:02 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Our trade list is short, we will never get the center we need unless Nash, Zherdev or Leclaire or first round picks are on the table. If none of that is touchable then signing a gig name free agent is the next move, if that is untouchable then wait 3 years for Brassard to develop.
yep...Trading would be the best option, we can trade salary for salary and we may end up getting a deal in terms of catching someone at the right time when they aren't breaking the bank yet and playing like it.

Trying to sign on via FA is the least likely option IMO, Free Agents want Long, Rich deals and then could be on the back end, with the problems we've had in the forms of Marchant, Richardson and Lachance I'm betting that Scott isn't going to risk the same mistake unless the stakes are extremely high.

More than likely, we'll see more of the same that we've seen. plugging people into the top line, hoping for the best, until Brassard is ready.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 11:32 PM
ca5150

"Out of my list, I'd be happiest to see Feds and Tolle go. Very happy indeed.[/QUOTE]

I understand that he has zero offensive skills but other than that, what is it that you dislike about him as a player. I'll hang up and listen to your answer off the air.

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 07:14 AM
WapakJacketsFan

I'm going to guess you're asking about Tolle? Please keep in mind I'm no hockey expert & have only been watching for a few years now. So, my disclaimer aside.....

Too many times I've seen Tolle with the puck, in his end, ready to make some form of clearing pass. He'll have guys open in neutral ice, and he dumps it in, more often than not resulting in the opposition gaining control of the puck. Too many times for my liking, this happens on the power play. I do understand there are times when the dump in is needed. But when the offensive line is waiting for the pass from him, and it sails on by and they have to chase it, instead of skating it in under control, it seems counter productive to being able to mount an offensive attack.

I could be totally wrong, and Tolle is doing exactly what Hitch wants & needs him to do. He does put pressure onto the offense when they're in our end. The guy does hit and fight, and seems.....ok positionally in his end. But I don't look at him and think "There's someone who is invaluable to us, we really need this dude to get the team going & be sucessful".

All that said, add Duvie to my list of tradeable Jackets. He's not in the form he used to be, doesn't show any signs of getting to that form again. (I could be wrong here, maybe the trip to the Cuse lit a fire under him and he's ready to tear it up again. But, I won't be holding my breath. That's money that might be better spent elsewhere. Where that is, I have no idea)

WapakJacketsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 10:43 AM
ca5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by WapakJacketsFan View Post
I'm going to guess you're asking about Tolle? Please keep in mind I'm no hockey expert & have only been watching for a few years now. So, my disclaimer aside.....

Too many times I've seen Tolle with the puck, in his end, ready to make some form of clearing pass. He'll have guys open in neutral ice, and he dumps it in, more often than not resulting in the opposition gaining control of the puck. Too many times for my liking, this happens on the power play. I do understand there are times when the dump in is needed. But when the offensive line is waiting for the pass from him, and it sails on by and they have to chase it, instead of skating it in under control, it seems counter productive to being able to mount an offensive attack.

I could be totally wrong, and Tolle is doing exactly what Hitch wants & needs him to do. He does put pressure onto the offense when they're in our end. The guy does hit and fight, and seems.....ok positionally in his end. But I don't look at him and think "There's someone who is invaluable to us, we really need this dude to get the team going & be sucessful".

All that said, add Duvie to my list of tradeable Jackets. He's not in the form he used to be, doesn't show any signs of getting to that form again. (I could be wrong here, maybe the trip to the Cuse lit a fire under him and he's ready to tear it up again. But, I won't be holding my breath. That's money that might be better spent elsewhere. Where that is, I have no idea)

All good points in their own right. But I don't look to Ole for any offense at all. He adds something very valuable to us and that is a physical presense on the blue line that is willing to get in the middle of every scrum and fight for his teammates and protect his goalie. Russell can't do it, Klesla won't do it and Foote is too valuable on the ice and too long in the tooth to be a consistent physical presense. Hejda hits a lot but is not much for mixing it up and neither is Hainsey. Ole is also very sound in our own end, rarely being badly out of position like Hainsey and Klesla tend to be.

With the trading of Shelley, we can't afford to get rid of anymore toughness on this team or we will get pushed all over the ice and Z and Nash will have liberties taken on them nightly. Ole also doesn't carry a big salary so he's not a big liability to the cap.

I would much rather trade Klesla who can't move the puck either, has a higher salary, doesn't play a physical game, and has more value to other teams, and is a much bigger liability in his own end.

Old
02-05-2008, 11:39 AM
WapakJacketsFan

I whole heartedly agree about Tolle's physicality. Other than Boll, we have few who will drop the gloves when needed. Tolle does have a role on the team and I appreciate it for what it is. And I don't think I expect anything offensively from him, other than an outlet pass instead of an outlet dump.

Right now, I'd honestly be happy trading any of our D corp if it meant getting back a physical guy who can make a pass and protect their teammates. Tarnstrom is supposed to be pretty decent, so maybe when we get him playing it will make a difference. Til then, I'll just have to cover my eyes every time Tolle has the puck on his stick.

WapakJacketsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 12:56 AM
ca5150

Klesla on the ice and responsible for two critical goals against tonight, out of position and leaving people in front of the net both times. top notch Krusty.

Old
02-06-2008, 01:15 AM
MFRONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca5150 View Post
Klesla on the ice and responsible for two critical goals against tonight, out of position and leaving people in front of the net both times. top notch Krusty.
Glad I wasn't the only one to notice

MFRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 05:08 AM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Our trade list is short, we will never get the center we need unless Nash, Zherdev, Leclaire or lesser players and first round picks are on the table. If none of that is touchable then signing a big name free agent is the next move, if that is untouchable then wait 3 years for Brassard to develop. At some point either stars, money or time must be antied up. Pick your poisen.
Sign a FA over the summer or trade Voracek for one...

Voracek+ for O.Jokinen
Voracek+ for Horcoff (Edmonton has too many centers)

I thought Peca was alright as a 1C? Or he injured too often?

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 08:54 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
Sign a FA over the summer or trade Voracek for one...

Voracek+ for O.Jokinen
Voracek+ for Horcoff (Edmonton has too many centers)

I thought Peca was alright as a 1C? Or he injured too often?

Peca has been injured quite a bit and he's not really an adequate first-line center. It is very unlikely that Voracek is going anywhere - he's one of our top prospects and he won't be making much money for some time.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote