HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues NCAA prospects update

Old
01-30-2008, 07:45 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Blues NCAA prospects update

The Blues have a large number of prospects in the NCAA this season.

Read full article...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF Article View Post
The Blues have a large number of prospects in the NCAA this season.

Read full article...
I'm not happy to see that Barriball is in a major scoring slump. If he can't score on the college level what will happen in The NHL, where there is less room, and the players are much bigger and stronger and faster on average? McCollum and Sackrison are freshman, so their dearth of scoring so far isn't really a problem.

Oshie has seemed to heat up again, so his scoring totals for this season should end up being decent.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 02:21 PM
WesternCollegeHockey

Watching Sackrison on a game-by-game basis, he's really come on as of late. His line has probably been MSU's second best line in the second half, and he's back on the powerplay. He's at almost a point-per-game in the second half of the season.

I still think he needs to do a little work defensively, but he has a lot of potential as a solid offensive contributor in college.

Barriball's numbers this year have been a little surprising. Offense is down as a whole in the WCHA, and especially with Minnesota, but to have only one goal in conference play is pretty disappointing for a kid that had 12 last year. I do think he's a player that needs to play with a good set-up guy, which Minnesota sorely lacks, but with totals that low, it seems like he's just snakebit.

WesternCollegeHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 03:37 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I'm not happy to see that Barriball is in a major scoring slump. If he can't score on the college level what will happen in The NHL, where there is less room, and the players are much bigger and stronger and faster on average? McCollum and Sackrison are freshman, so their dearth of scoring so far isn't really a problem.

Oshie has seemed to heat up again, so his scoring totals for this season should end up being decent.
Barriball is a sophomore, I expected a drop off from last year where he really overachieved. I've also seen Minnesota the last few weeks, and it's not just Barriball that's struggling - the whole team is.

01-31-2008, 03:59 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

I think Barriball was still a longshot to break onto an NHL roster anyways.

He'll need quite some time in the AHL if he ever wishes to break out, I kinda think he won't.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 05:45 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternCollegeHockey View Post

Barriball's numbers this year have been a little surprising. Offense is down as a whole in the WCHA, and especially with Minnesota, but to have only one goal in conference play is pretty disappointing for a kid that had 12 last year. But with totals that low, it seems like he's just snakebit.
He's scoring on less than 5% of his SOG. That's either snakebitten or his shooting is a lot worse than last season (or he's shooting a lot even when he doesn't have good opportunities.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 12:41 AM
WesternCollegeHockey

Sackrison had two goals and two assists and was voted number one star both nights this weekend against #4 Denver.

WesternCollegeHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternCollegeHockey View Post
Sackrison had two goals and two assists and was voted number one star both nights this weekend against #4 Denver.
I was wondering if he was ever going to regain his high school like ways. Other than his points, why else was he impressive?

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote