HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal Bos / LA

Old
01-31-2008, 05:43 PM
Kopi The King
It's baaaaaack!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
Then maybe you can understand that the Bruins would be losing a very young winger who plays a lot like Cam Neely did(I am not saying he is that good), he hits, and has shown a pretty good scoring touch, he is a really good defensive player and he immediately had an impact in the way other teams play against the Bruins.
They are also losing a young defenseman who hits like a truck, sticks up for his team mates, plays a really good defensive game, probably the best on the team and looks like he could be wearing a letter on his jersey sooner rather than later.
These are the type of players Bruins fans want to see on the team. No offense to Frolov, but it is not all that hard to get a player who has skills similar to his. What Lucic and Stuart have is intangables, they are leaders, they are tough, they care about the outcome of the game, they play their positions quite well.
Nobody is saying they have the same amount of talent as Frolov, but Frolov isn't going to bring to the team what these guys do. If they were to trade them, they would have to be replaced and, personnally, I don't see anyone in the system who could replace them.
The Bruins have these guys who play an integeral part of the team, why would they trade them just to have to go out and get someone to take their place? They wouldn't unless it made them a much better team and Frolov isn't going to do that.
Get my drift?
Nobody is saying that Lucic and Stuart don't have the amount of talent that Frolov has, because ofcourse they don't. But I do understand what they bring to the table and as much as the Kings do need players like that and as much as I would love to have players like that, I would prefer to keep Frolov, Just my opinion.

Kopi The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 05:45 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
Sounds good but where is Lucic and Stuart projected to be. Are we talking top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman
I would put Lucic with Handzus and Calder on the 3rd line and Bring Purcell in full time in Frolov spot. Stuart could be with Lubo or Staurt whoever isnt paired with JJ.

I am surprised that a lot of Kings fans don't like this deal, i get it now on the Boston side of things.

JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 05:45 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermajesty View Post
I'd give anyone on the hawks for lucic who isn't name kanes, toews, seabrook or keith.
Skille+Bubba

Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 05:47 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Frolov has a great price tag and I don't see him being traded any time soon. I would think that Cammalleri (1 more year at around 3.5m give or take, 25 years old) is the guy who is most likely to be dealt.

Rask & Lashoff for Cammalleri?
Ouch. I'd hate to give up Rask, we don't have much more in the pipe. Pretty good value though.
How about Kessel?
With Bernier, I can't see LA needing goaltending prospects?

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Ouch. I'd hate to give up Rask, we don't have much more in the pipe. Pretty good value though.
How about Kessel?
With Bernier, I can't see LA needing goaltending prospects?
I would take Kessel over Rask. We have Bernier, Zatkoff, Quick, Taylor, and Ersberg on the farm. I could see Bernier and Zatkoff being true number ones in this league in a few years.

Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 05:53 PM
JT8888

Kessel & Lashoff for Cammalleri?
I would do that every day.
And i like Cammy

Old
01-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8888 View Post
Bos: Lucic, Stuart
LA:Frolov
Not a chance. I love Frolov but Stuart and Lucic are going to be longterm fixtures in Boston. There's no reason to trade them at all. Boston needs to dump overpaid, aging, injury prone guys, not 19 and 21 year old physical forces.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 06:11 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Not a chance. I love Frolov but Stuart and Lucic are going to be longterm fixtures in Boston. There's no reason to trade them at all. Boston needs to dump overpaid, aging, injury prone guys, not 19 and 21 year old physical forces.
We dont want Murray back

Old
01-31-2008, 06:13 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Frolov has a great price tag and I don't see him being traded any time soon. I would think that Cammalleri (1 more year at around 3.5m give or take, 25 years old) is the guy who is most likely to be dealt.

Rask & Lashoff for Cammalleri?

Why on earth would Boston trade Rask?

Old
01-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
We dont want Murray back
Amazing how you were able to figure out who I was talking about just from those clues!

Old
01-31-2008, 06:17 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Kessel & Lashoff for Cammalleri?
I would do that every day.
And i like Cammy
I just don't think the 2 teams make good trade partners. Giving up youth for a quick fix for either team is not a good idea. I understand Cammalleri is still a young player, but asking for our best defensive prospect, and the one 20 and under forward with big time potential is a lot to ask.

I'd be interested in a deal for Nagy though. Would names like Krejci and Hunwick hold any interest (some like Hunwick better than Lashoff)?

Old
01-31-2008, 06:28 PM
BruinAddict

Quote:
Cammy should be back before the deadline. You're right I probably wouldn't want to give up Rask either, but there isn't much else on your team that fits the kings needs. That's who I'd ask for if I were the Kings GM at least to start with.

What are the contracts on Thomas and Fernandez?
I will start by saying that Boston's biggest need IMO is a puck moving defenseman. So, in addition to the proposed trades involving players that the Bruins shouldn't be moving, they also aren't addressing their biggest need either.

Thomas is signed through next year with a cap hit of 1.1M. Steal of a deal for an all-star goalie and I highly doubt he'd be moved unless it was for a King's ransom (pun intended).

Ferndandez is signed through next year as well with a cap hit of 4.33M. He's probably not coming back at all this season and I'm sure the Bruins would love to get rid of him for next to nothing during the off-season.

BruinAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 06:36 PM
BostonPC

Quote:
We dont want Murray back
Can't blame him for trying.

BostonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 06:38 PM
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah

No from the Bruins POV

CamDegs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 06:39 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Amazing how you were able to figure out who I was talking about just from those clues!
Dont forget he was a King, we had to watch that pansy for years.

Old
01-31-2008, 06:50 PM
tylerbear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
Skille+Bubba
Done.

tylerbear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 09:08 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
No from a Kings pov, no from a Bruins pov.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 10:31 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi The King View Post
Nobody is saying that Lucic and Stuart don't have the amount of talent that Frolov has, because ofcourse they don't. But I do understand what they bring to the table and as much as the Kings do need players like that and as much as I would love to have players like that, I would prefer to keep Frolov, Just my opinion.
I understand, and I would definately be interested in the Bruins getting Frolov, just not for those guys.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 11:50 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I understand, and I would definately be interested in the Bruins getting Frolov, just not for those guys.
And by extension, the Kings would have no desire to move Frolov for anything less.

Old
02-01-2008, 04:59 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
And by extension, the Kings would have no desire to move Frolov for anything less.
Doesn't sound like it would work, does it?

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Michigan Wolverine

Quote:
I just don't think the 2 teams make good trade partners. Giving up youth for a quick fix for either team is not a good idea. I understand Cammalleri is still a young player, but asking for our best defensive prospect, and the one 20 and under forward with big time potential is a lot to ask.

I'd be interested in a deal for Nagy though. Would names like Krejci and Hunwick hold any interest (some like Hunwick better than Lashoff)?
I think it would be interesting to see Hunwick and Jack Johnson reunited on the Kings blueline... and Nagy is most certainly available.

Michigan Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Wolverine View Post
I think it would be interesting to see Hunwick and Jack Johnson reunited on the Kings blueline... and Nagy is most certainly available.
I've proposed Nagy for Hunwick on the Kings board before. I'd like it.

Old
02-02-2008, 11:54 AM
djwilson19

No way, Lucic gets better every week and Stuart is progressing pretty nicely as well. Definitely a good offer, worth thinking about...but in the end a decent stay at home D man and emerging power forward are worth more IMO than a one dimensional forward. I think Chia is very happy with gambling a 2nd round pick on Cheech and that risk / admiration would be very hard to trade away at this point....

djwilson19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 12:06 PM
flannelman
trite pretentiousnes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I've proposed Nagy for Hunwick on the Kings board before. I'd like it.
it's certainly an interesting avenue- Nagy could be a short term offensive punch for Boston- he could play up on Savvy's wing-

Hunwick is a good kid, love his game, almost made the team out of camp- has had some callups and I believe he's been doing well in Providence.

I'm not sure if I am for it, but I don't think I am against it-

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 05:16 PM
willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwilson19 View Post
No way, Lucic gets better every week and Stuart is progressing pretty nicely as well. Definitely a good offer, worth thinking about...but in the end a decent stay at home D man and emerging power forward are worth more IMO than a one dimensional forward.
Perhaps if Frolov actually was a one dimensional player, this point might hold water...

Anyway, the trade doesn't work. Let's leave it at that.

willie is offline   Reply With Quote