HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Decision time for Rangers' Glen Sather

Old
01-31-2008, 02:44 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Stiaos will be 35 years old by the start of next season and has three more seasons left on his contract after this season-$2.7 million cap #.

How much is Staios going to cost?Could we get a barf smilie in the next update?

Quote:
And it seems there is interest in at least one of his veterans. As one Western Conference GM (who spoke on condition of anonymity) told thehockeynews.com Tuesday, Edmonton blueliner Steve Staios might be an attractive alternative to a team that loses out on the upcoming Brian Campbell trade deadline sweepstakes.

I know his plus-minus is awful this year, the GM said of the 34-year-old Staios, tied for worst on the Oilers with a minus-15. But lets face it, hes playing on an average team at best right now. And hes got a manageable (contract) I think he (earns) under $3 million (a year) for the rest of the deal thats probably going to be more and more attractive to teams interested in a defenseman that can eat up a lot of ice time.

Even if you dont take his salary into account, on a better team, hes simply a better player. I really think (Lowe) will get an offer for him and under the right circumstances, it might even come from me
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-interest.html

Which stupid NHL GM said that?If you don't take his salary into account?He sounds like Isiah Thomas

Three seasons of Malik were enough.We don't need three more seasons of Staios

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote