HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Peter Forsberg is coming back to the NHL

Old
02-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Towel-Power
GoCanucksGo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik Fan View Post
"Here Peter, I brought you this audio casette tape. Let me put in into my boombox here... here we go... you'll probably recognize the voice....

'Hello Peter, it's Markus! We need you here, ol' good buddy!'

Not trying to creep you out, but I also brought you a dozen long-stemmed roses - and a box of doughnuts for myself. So... what do you think?"

I really don't think there is a chance in hell that Forsberg comes to play for the Canucks. But until he signs somewhere, I'm going to keep my hopes up.
I know, but there's no point in even having my hopes up because I know I'll be disappointed when he signs somewhere else(Philly)

Towel-Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 02:42 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik Fan View Post
"Here Peter, I brought you this audio casette tape. Let me put in into my boombox here... here we go... you'll probably recognize the voice....

'Hello Peter, it's Markus! We need you here, ol' good buddy!'

Not trying to creep you out, but I also brought you a dozen long-stemmed roses - and a box of doughnuts for myself. So... what do you think?"

I really don't think there is a chance in hell that Forsberg comes to play for the Canucks. But until he signs somewhere, I'm going to keep my hopes up.

Honestly if Nonis brings Vancouver a cup...I'll freakin buy him a krispy kreme donut factory.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 04:07 AM
Kid_Roll

I just get the feeling Nonis is hiding out at the airport. And then when he "comes back" in three days, he tells Steve Tambellini that Forsberg wasn't home, and Brunstrom didn't answer his phone. Then when Steve asks if Dave brought him back any presents Nonis kind of fumbles around in a BC Liquor bag and hands him a couple of Ikea catalogues and an ABBA CD as proof of his Swedish trip.

It's at this point I assume Steve will let out a big sigh and start the early morning drinking.

Kid_Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Colorado expresses their interest:

Quote:
The answer is yes the Avalanche is very interested in Peter Forsberg, and plans to make him an offer. But the Avs like any other NHL team with interest are waiting to hear when or if their former star center is ready to play again.

"We've made it known to (agent) Don (Baizley) that, when he makes his decision to come back, we'd be a party that would like to have a chance to talk with him," Avs general manager Francois Giguere said Saturday night. "As far as I know, Peter hasn't made the decision whether he's going to come back to the NHL."
Denver Post

Old
02-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Payaso619*

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrishriekandgo View Post
Satellite HOTstove on CBC said Nonis was in Sweden to pitch Forsberg as well.
Atleast we "know" he's trying.

Payaso619* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 11:15 AM
officer nasty*

Reports out of Philadelphia are that Holmgren got caught by customs trying to smuggle a bound and gagged Forsberg into the states in a carry-on. Apparently Forsberg's metallic foot set off every security system in the airport and temporarily raised the Homeland Security threat system to orange.

officer nasty* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 11:18 AM
thomascal377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Colorado expresses their interest:

Denver Post
MAKE IT HAPPEN FG!!!!!!!

thomascal377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 11:23 AM
fogducker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payaso619 View Post
Atleast we "know" he's trying.
ya i can confirm that

fogducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 12:11 PM
hdw

There is a lot of speculation as always.

But what is known is that Forsberg has cleared his agent to start negotiating.

It's not clear if he will accept a deal yet, he has been saying that his practices are feeling good and that he's moving forward but he still hasn't got enough time on ice to make his mind up just yet.

Keep in mind that he made quite of a fool out of himself (at least in his own mind) by saying yes to play in Karjala Cup and then having to withdraw after one practice.

When asked about to possibility to play (at home) in LG Cup he stated that didn't want another 'Karjala incident', and he also said that the interviews just after announcing that he couldn't play (in Karjala) "wasn't exactly the proudest moments of my life, I felt like a total twerp".

So I think that we're all up for a bit of more waiting and speculation, Forsberg is going to use as much time as possible to decide if he really can play or not.

The last thing he wants is a big international media splash with "Forsberg has signed with XYZ" only to be followed by "Forsberg played on IR" after the first practice.

His main problem is that he can't play any games to figure out if he's ok (except possible national games), he can only practice.

And with the exception of two exhibition games with his Icebreakers this summer he hasn't played a single game since Nashville left the playoffs.

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote