HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Florida-Calgary Proposal

Old
01-31-2008, 06:21 PM
pantherhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
interesting... i'm not going to propose something for now... but at the draft would there be interest in Tanguay for Wiess and a swap of 1st round picks?
Panthers do not have a 1st rounder to give, it was traded to Nashville to help get Vokoun.
I wouldn't trade Tanguay for Weiss, in fact I think everyone should just forget any trades between the Flames & Panthers.

pantherhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherhockey View Post
Panthers do not have a 1st rounder to give, it was traded to Nashville to help get Vokoun.
I wouldn't trade Tanguay for Weiss, in fact I think everyone should just forget any trades between the Flames & Panthers.
Forgot we already traded the first, I'd trade Weiss for Tanguay. I love Weiss, but I think Tanguay would look good on a line with Olli. I'd be willing to take Juice back, actually, not sure if he's available or not. To be honest, I thought he'd have been out of Calgary the day after Keenan was hired.

01-31-2008, 07:06 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Forgot we already traded the first, I'd trade Weiss for Tanguay. I love Weiss, but I think Tanguay would look good on a line with Olli. I'd be willing to take Juice back, actually, not sure if he's available or not. To be honest, I thought he'd have been out of Calgary the day after Keenan was hired.
well we could change it to Calgary getting the option to swap 1st round picks in either 2009 or 2010... its basically the same deal but you will then have your 1st to move

as for Juice we could do what Philly and Nashville did last year... give you permission to negotiate a contract and if you work one out prior to July 1st we will trade you his rights for a 2nd round pick

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 08:21 PM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Florida doesn't have a first rounder this year. We traded it to Vokoun along with some other picks in 2009 draft for Vokoun.

Anyways this just came up:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=228610&hubname=nhl
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSN
Sources say the Flames and Florida Panthers have already discussed Calgary's interest in Olli Jokinen, but the asking price is high - believed to be forward Alex Tanguay and a young player or a prospect.
That "young player" better be Husailus(sp) and a prospect, otherwise Cohen(owner of florida) would not even consider allowing JM to make that decision.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 08:44 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
Florida doesn't have a first rounder this year. We traded it to Vokoun along with some other picks in 2009 draft for Vokoun.

Anyways this just came up:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=228610&hubname=nhl

That "young player" better be Husailus(sp) and a prospect, otherwise Cohen(owner of florida) would not even consider allowing JM to make that decision.
Huselius is not considered a young player... besides he is a UFA this summer and if you think the Flames are going to trade their top 2 LW (who have combined for 32 goals and 89 points) as well as a prospect you need to stop smoking that cheap stuff... the gap between Tanguay and Jokinen is not that great... i could see Tanguay + Boyd... maybe Tanguay + Lombardi ... or Tanguay + Backlund... but not Huselius & Tanguay

Old
01-31-2008, 10:05 PM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Huselius is not considered a young player... besides he is a UFA this summer and if you think the Flames are going to trade their top 2 LW (who have combined for 32 goals and 89 points) as well as a prospect you need to stop smoking that cheap stuff... the gap between Tanguay and Jokinen is not that great... i could see Tanguay + Boyd... maybe Tanguay + Lombardi ... or Tanguay + Backlund... but not Huselius & Tanguay
Jokinen has NO wingmates to work with him. To have as many points as he has is a miracle. Your 2 players have excellent linemates.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 10:43 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
Jokinen has NO wingmates to work with him. To have as many points as he has is a miracle. Your 2 players have excellent linemates.
you realize Tanguay is playing with Conroy and Nolan right?... and the linemates are a moot point... Jokinen is a fantastic player but he is NOT worth Tanguay and Huselius...

Old
02-01-2008, 01:50 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
you realize Tanguay is playing with Conroy and Nolan right?... and the linemates are a moot point... Jokinen is a fantastic player but he is NOT worth Tanguay and Huselius...
You realize that if Olli would be near the league lead in total points if he was centering Iginla, well over 100 points.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 02:55 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
You realize that if Olli would be near the league lead in total points if he was centering Iginla, well over 100 points.
who is disputing that fact? although its far from a guarantee... my statement was a reply to someone saying that both Tanguay and Huselius have great linemates... but the fact of the matter is even with "well over" 100 points acquiring Jokinen would not make up for the loss of both Huselius and Langkow... is that really so hard to understand?

Huselius is on pace for 79 points... and Tanguay 64 points... as good as Jokinen is he will not put up 163 points to make up for that loss in production...

offensively Tanguay very close to Jokinen the only thing that makes Jokinen that much more valuable is his leadership and the fact he puts up more goals than Tanguay... i personally feel Tanguay + Lombardi is a slight overpayment on Calgary's end and a hell of a risk when you consider they would be moving 2 roster players while preparing for a run into the playoffs

Jokinen > Tanguay... and Jokinen > Huselius...
but Tanguay + Huselius >> Jokinen

to be honest if the price is that high for Jokinen I say let the Panthers keep him because he is simply not worth that price

Old
02-01-2008, 03:27 AM
apetitfor400

Quote:
who is disputing that fact? although its far from a guarantee... my statement was a reply to someone saying that both Tanguay and Huselius have great linemates... but the fact of the matter is even with "well over" 100 points acquiring Jokinen would not make up for the loss of both Huselius and Langkow... is that really so hard to understand?

Huselius is on pace for 79 points... and Tanguay 64 points... as good as Jokinen is he will not put up 163 points to make up for that loss in production...

offensively Tanguay very close to Jokinen the only thing that makes Jokinen that much more valuable is his leadership and the fact he puts up more goals than Tanguay... i personally feel Tanguay + Lombardi is a slight overpayment on Calgary's end and a hell of a risk when you consider they would be moving 2 roster players while preparing for a run into the playoffs

Jokinen > Tanguay... and Jokinen > Huselius...
but Tanguay + Huselius >> Jokinen

to be honest if the price is that high for Jokinen I say let the Panthers keep him because he is simply not worth that price
Im guessing the prospect would be a goalie, one of keetley or Irving. In FLA their goalie pool is not deep at all.

apetitfor400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Pukboy5kroner

Keenan wouldn't want Weiss on his team. He's good at face-offs and a responsible defensive center, but he's weak on the puck and has never fully developed into a true offensive threat.

I can't see Weiss landing a return of Tanguay or Lombardi.

The original trade is just goofy. Florida gets back two players they previously sent to Calgary for next to nothing and Alex Tanguay, for their best forward since Pavel Bure and their best young forward. Although, I could see anything as possible with the management of this team.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote