HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr and the Rangers

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2004, 10:26 PM
RoDu

vCash: 500
Jagr and the Rangers

What do you think of the trade? Personaly, it doens't scare me the least bit. As long as we can toss Primeau and friends against him, and their D and goalie situation remain rather weak, there is nothing to fear. They still lack heart and as I saw while watching last night. yeah, I'm done....

Old
01-23-2004, 10:42 PM
BrimFullofAsham45

You would think Sather would get it by now. Well, I think its a worse deal for Washington, because they aren't cutting their payroll. I don't think the Rangers are scary now, it wasn't scary when they Bure and Kovalev.

Old
01-23-2004, 11:38 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learning_to_Fly
You would think Sather would get it by now. Well, I think its a worse deal for Washington, because they aren't cutting their payroll. I don't think the Rangers are scary now, it wasn't scary when they Bure and Kovalev.
They do cut their payroll by 3 mil.

Bad trade for the caps nevertheless. Jagr is a deal at $6 mil. Anson Carter is a decent player, but I dont think the difference between him and Jagr is anywhere near 3 mil.

The Rangers should have shopped Carter around for a skilled defenseman. Jaromir Bure scoring a bunch of goals isnt whats going to get them a spot in the playoffs. They might be able to have a fun shootout with Atlanta, but without more help in goal and on D, thats about the only kind of game they can win.

Old
01-24-2004, 06:40 AM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
I think Washington got the best end of this deal. He was worthless for them and cancerous at times. Most likely Carter isn't staying and Lang, Kolzig, and Gonchar will be leaving as well. They get a fresh start but probably should've gotten draft picks or prospects as well. Probably didn't want to press the issue and have NY back out.

NY adds..........................pretty much nothing. A soft, defensive liability, floater who is generally 70 to 80% healthy depending on how bad his team got beat. They are the laughing stock of the league. Sather still trying to prove he was the Oilers mastermind and not just in the right place, right time. It's been a while since he "masterminded" a good team.

Old
01-24-2004, 09:13 AM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
They do cut their payroll by 3 mil.

Bad trade for the caps nevertheless. Jagr is a deal at $6 mil. Anson Carter is a decent player, but I dont think the difference between him and Jagr is anywhere near 3 mil.

The Rangers should have shopped Carter around for a skilled defenseman. Jaromir Bure scoring a bunch of goals isnt whats going to get them a spot in the playoffs. They might be able to have a fun shootout with Atlanta, but without more help in goal and on D, thats about the only kind of game they can win.
You must not have seen the addition of Pushor

Old
01-24-2004, 12:01 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
You must not have seen the addition of Pushor
well...just give them the cup now

Old
01-24-2004, 01:13 PM
biggbloo

Ten years ago this trade would be huge....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
What do you think of the trade? Personaly, it doens't scare me the least bit. As long as we can toss Primeau and friends against him, and their D and goalie situation remain rather weak, there is nothing to fear. They still lack heart and as I saw while watching last night. yeah, I'm done....
Now it's just two teams making desparation deals. Washington received the better team player in Anson Carter,New York just received another enormous salary.Who's the better of the two teams?....The Flyers! (lol)

Old
01-24-2004, 01:26 PM
RoDu

I'd rather have Carter rather than jagr anyday

Old
01-24-2004, 01:45 PM
jplush76

Send a message via AIM to jplush76 Send a message via Yahoo to jplush76
we have the anti-jagr weapon... Chris Therien
as much as you all hate the guy, he owns jagr when he plays against him.

Old
01-24-2004, 01:47 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggbloo
Washington received the better team player in Anson Carter
Not at all. Carter's been chirping and complaining since he arrived in NY. He's consistently been more interested working hard at promoting himself through appearances, etc. than in working hard on the ice. Then when his production suffers he cries that he doesn't understand why his ice time is reduced.

Carter has been without doubt the worst Ranger since Valerie Kamensky.

Old
01-24-2004, 04:49 PM
MojoJojo

You know, it is not inconcievable that the Flyers will win the division and wind up playing the Rangers in the first round. If that happens, it would have been worth holding onto Therien all this time, just for his play against Jagr.

Old
01-24-2004, 05:56 PM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
You know, it is not inconcievable that the Flyers will win the division and wind up playing the Rangers in the first round. If that happens, it would have been worth holding onto Therien all this time, just for his play against Jagr.
Scary, but true. He does shut that little girl down doesn't he? He does pretty good with the big guys, the smaller players make him look stupid though.

Old
01-24-2004, 06:40 PM
jplush76

Send a message via AIM to jplush76 Send a message via Yahoo to jplush76
Therien is like Gollum from lord of the rings... you dont wanna keep him around but you know he has a purpose in the end and that victory will somehow cross his path

Old
01-24-2004, 06:42 PM
PF

Yup, and like Gollum let us hope that somehow Therien winds up with that oh so elusive ring.

The stanley cup champs one that is, of course, after that we can kick him into mount doom.

Old
01-24-2004, 06:55 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
lol, therien is solid, just don't want him having the puck for long periods of time. Stars just die when they get to New York (see Kovalev, Nedved, Holik, Carter).

Old
01-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Winston Wolf

Jagr is having a BEAUTIFUL debut, it's already 6-0 Ottawa with 15:00 minutes left in the 2nd period! He's a -2, so far.

Old
01-24-2004, 08:34 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
7-0

Old
01-24-2004, 08:35 PM
bobbyboucher24

I saw the score at ESPN. UUUUGGGGGLLLLYYYY.

Old
01-24-2004, 09:16 PM
Fla.Flyer.Fan

The comment about the Rangers D is right on in this game. They just keep turning the puck over in their own end, and the Sens put it in the net fot them!

Old
01-24-2004, 09:27 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Ottawa won 9-1 and it should have been worse.

Old
01-25-2004, 01:00 AM
BrindA17

Send a message via AIM to BrindA17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplush76
Therien is like Gollum from lord of the rings... you dont wanna keep him around but you know he has a purpose in the end and that victory will somehow cross his path
As long as Therien doesn't bite off anyone's finger, he can play Gollum all he wants.

Old
01-25-2004, 06:36 AM
Flyman

Send a message via MSN to Flyman
With this 9-1 thrashing, maybe Slats gonna understand Jagr isn't a d-man!

Old
01-25-2004, 08:48 AM
kingjdv

Send a message via AIM to kingjdv
Now we know how to get rid of any Flyer we don't want.

Just pay him 9 mill a year and the Rangers will trade for him.

Hey Hack, the good news is you got a raise...the bad news is you just got traded to the Rag$$$ for Jamie Lundmark!!!

Hey they do need a goalie.

Old
01-25-2004, 09:26 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyman
With this 9-1 thrashing, maybe Slats gonna understand Jagr isn't a d-man!
With this 9-1 thrashing, maybe Dolan will understand that the coach/GM needs to go.

Old
01-25-2004, 09:29 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjdv
Now we know how to get rid of any Flyer we don't want.

Just pay him 9 mill a year and the Rangers will trade for him.
No I suspect you're pretty stuck with Hackett not to mention your own $9 million man, LeClair. Sherry Ross actually made an interesting comparison of the two teams today:

"Yes, Philadelphia GM Bob Clarke made a nice pickup when he added Danny Markov to his injury-stricken Flyers defense last week, but did he have to run down the kid he traded to make it?

Clarke sent 22-year-old Justin Williams, a first-round draft pick of the Flyers in 2000, to the 'Canes, saying, 'It's our opinion that a top-four defenseman is more valuable than a third-line winger.'

Williams, a slick skater with a lot of promise, was a third-liner mostly because the top six forwards on the Flyers are as old as Wilford Brimley. Williams is playing on one of Carolina's top two lines and averaging three minutes more in ice time per game than he did as a Flyer. It's the same kind of short-sightedness that the Rangers have shown the past eight years, and it hasn't exactly been working out so hot for the Flyers either now, has it?"

Closed Thread