HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brown Scratched?!

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2004, 07:37 AM
Skebo

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
Brown Scratched?!

Can somebody explain to me how Brownie can be a healthy scratch after the game he had against the Ducks in his first game back? Is he not really 100% of is this just some sort of line-up juggling due to numbers?
If it's just numbers and Dustin is going to be sitting more than 10-15% of the games, the Kings need to send him back to Juniors so he can continue his development. When DB made the club I was more than happy to see what he could do, but if he's going to be watching from the press box more than occassionaly that just isn't right, especially when he is playing with significant impact when he is playing. What kind of message does that send to a player?!

Surely, Chartrand should sit before Brownie. And Barney hasn't really impressed too much me with his play since his call-up. Don't get me wrong, these guys both contribute on the ice, but I would have to say the Brown situation is a bit touchy and he shouldn't be benched lightly, even for one game. Chartrand occasionally shines on the PK, but he is replaceable IMO. Barney's size is a bonus, but I haven't really seen him use it to his advantage around the net.

Does Barney have to clear waivers if we send him down?

Old
01-27-2004, 07:59 AM
LuckyLUC20

Nick Nickson said Brown felt some soreness in his ankle after the game the other night and still felt sore, so the Kings took a precautionary move. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old
01-27-2004, 08:33 AM
LuckyLUC20

Here's the LA Times article:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...adlines-sports

Quote:
Brown sat out the game against the Minnesota Wild because he aggravated his severely sprained left ankle against the Mighty Ducks. Brown had an assist on the Kings' first goal in Saturday's 4-2 victory.

"We'll see how he is, and hopefully we don't have to put him back on [injured reserve]," King Coach Andy Murray said. "Wouldn't be right to go a couple of days without putting a guy on IR though, would it?"

The Kings have lost a league-leading 397 man-games to injury. Brown's lineup spot was taken Monday by Jon Sim.

Old
01-27-2004, 04:59 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skebo

Does Barney have to clear waivers if we send him down?
i think barney qualifies as a rookie and therefore shouldn't have to pass waivers.

Closed Thread