HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gagne on the Coast?

Old
01-31-2008, 11:53 PM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

vCash: 500
Gagne on the Coast?

dont get me wrong he is olympic talent, we just haven't seen a stitch of it lately. what hapened to the do it your self center man of 1999. Man he used to blow everybody away with his speed, now it seems hes content with just coasting and waiting for the feed. I got mad love for gags but jeeeees lets see what 5 mil plus is worth. ( i know he just came back from an injury, but if a cat makes that kind of cake he better not forget how he got there in the first place) i'm just sayin.

flyersjamminontheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 12:02 AM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Wow...lol, seriously? Cut a guy a break. He "just came back from an injury" would be the operative phrase in your post, and the one that kills the worth of everything you said previous to it.

He hasn't been himself, but he's been back for maybe two weeks after missing more than two months with concussion syndromes, eh? And it's not like he hasn't produced at all...he's racked up five or six points. Give him some time to return to full form. Gagne is about the least of this team's concerns right now.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
He spent two months on a couch, and two weeks on a bike. Somehow, I don't think he's 100%.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 12:15 AM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

yeah man i hear you but the guy is making millions of dollars to do his thing. if a doctor comes back from a bad surgery and ****s up he's not given a grace period, and doctors are paid a fraction of what top athletes are paid. Don't get me wrong i heart gagne, but all i see is coasting as of late; with the shot into the shins of the opposite team or else wide. on the top line producing six points, whats the net worth of the top line (in the many tens of millions?) and how much does the richards line make? eh?

Last edited by flyersjamminontheone: 02-01-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old
02-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Raffl House

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersjamminontheone View Post
yeah man i hear you but the guy is making millions of dollars to do his thing. if a doctor comes back from a bad surgery and ****s up he's not given a grace period, and doctors are paid a fraction of what top athletes are paid. Don't get me wrong i heart gagne, but all i see is coasting as of late; with the shot into the shins of the opposite team or else wide. on the top line producing six points, whats the net worth of the top line (in the tens of millions?) and how much does the richards line make? eh?
You HEART Gagne? He's making millions of dollars to do his thing? You know, I would LOVE to give you post concussion syndrome and have you sit on YOUR ass for a few weeks and then make you come back and do whatever pedestrian job you do at your fullest potential. Lets see how you do, jerk.

Take your 31 posts and go to the Leafs board, they have plenty of complainers over there and you'd fit right in.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 12:25 AM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethunder View Post
You HEART Gagne? He's making millions of dollars to do his thing? You know, I would LOVE to give you post concussion syndrome and have you sit on YOUR ass for a few weeks and then make you come back and do whatever pedestrian job you do at your fullest potential. Lets see how you do, jerk.

Take your 31 posts and go to the Leafs board, they have plenty of complainers over there and you'd fit right in.
ha ha thats hilarious! i've had concussions from playing hockey (not keeping my head up) And i managed , guess i'm not playing in the NHL but how's your playing card coming (upper deck or o-pee chee?) Ps your shot was funny but the leafs comment is where i draw the line. I Bleed Orange and Black! 32 posts sucka!

Old
02-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Raffl House

Quote:
ha ha thats hilarious! i've had concussions from playing hockey (not keeping my head up) And i managed , guess i'm not playing in the NHL but how's your playing card coming (upper deck or o-pee chee?) Ps your shot was funny but the leafs comment is where i draw the line. I Bleed Orange and Black!
Your concussions mean ziltch to me. The level you play at and the level these guys play at are leaps and bounds apart. Plus, concussions are like whiskey...you get the jist of what your drinking but you'll never know how you'll come out of it. You might have been "dizzy" or whatever, but a concussion for me is different from a concussion for you is different from a concussion for Gagne. Your complaining about a guy who is so much better than you and plays at a completely different level, and are totally serious about it. Give the guy 5 ****ing minutes to get his legs back.

Old
02-01-2008, 12:31 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
ha ha thats hilarious! i've had concussions from playing hockey (not keeping my head up) And i managed , guess i'm not playing in the NHL but how's your playing card coming (upper deck or o-pee chee?) Ps your shot was funny but the leafs comment is where i draw the line. I Bleed Orange and Black! 32 posts sucka!
That's you. You don't play in the NHL, a professional league where every little advantage helps.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 12:32 AM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Quote:
Your concussions mean ziltch to me. The level you play at and the level these guys play at are leaps and bounds apart. Plus, concussions are like whiskey...you get the jist of what your drinking but you'll never know how you'll come out of it. You might have been "dizzy" or whatever, but a concussion for me is different from a concussion for you is different from a concussion for Gagne. Your complaining about a guy who is so much better than you and plays at a completely different level, and are totally serious about it. Give the guy 5 ****ing minutes to get his legs back.
Alright man, peace. i'm just sayin. is this not the place to voice opinions? whiskey eh? you are a prophet ( i still think my best years are ahead of me though...)

Old
02-01-2008, 12:33 AM
Raffl House

Quote:
Alright man, peace. i'm just sayin. is this not the place to voice opinions? whiskey eh? you are a prophet ( i still thing my best years are ahead of me though...)
I'm not a prophet...just a guy who worked 13 hours today and is annoyed. Sue me.

Old
02-01-2008, 12:35 AM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Quote:
I'm not a prophet...just a guy who worked 13 hours today and is annoyed. Sue me.
alright man, peace the issue. Flyers Rule.

Last edited by flyersjamminontheone: 02-01-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Old
02-01-2008, 12:42 AM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
I got mad love for gags
I got mad love for gags too, but if I ever mentioned that mad love in a thread I created with "on the coast" in the title, I'd have to pop mad caps into the back of my throat.

Im just sayin'

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 12:56 AM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
I got mad love for gags too, but if I ever mentioned that mad love in a thread I created with "on the coast" in the title, I'd have to pop mad caps into the back of my throat.
Dude put your hatred aside, watch gags coast. It kills me too. i probably won't commit suicide because a star player i root for isn't playing that well, but i ain't blind. I WANT TO SEE GAGNE SCORE LIKE THE OLD DAYS PEOPLE. not just pre concussion I'm talking forsberg, or Primeau era (ps lets go forsberg to Philly) i just want our Number 1 star (a or b? you decide after the Richards signing) to light it up, hell even the top line to light it up. Sheet, i'd love to eat these words next sunday (post Annaheim) so lets not get too hasty. savy? (not that i'm one to back paddle, but i put a ? mark at the end of my question... as in what does every one else think, not jerks flame on)

Old
02-01-2008, 01:35 AM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
i probably won't commit suicide because a star player i root for isn't playing that well
I was in no way saying that you should or implying that in any way whatsoever.
Quote:
I WANT TO SEE GAGNE SCORE LIKE THE OLD DAYS PEOPLE. not just pre concussion
Gagne has only been back for 9 games. He's missed over 50% of the season. This is the first time I've ever even been forced to think of the concept of a 'pre-concussion gagne'.

I'm seriously starting to wonder. Are you a gnat?

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 01:37 AM
Amateur Hour

Quote:

Im just sayin'

Love it.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 05:40 AM
sickamore

Quote:
yeah man i hear you but the guy is making millions of dollars to do his thing. if a doctor comes back from a bad surgery and ****s up he's not given a grace period, and doctors are paid a fraction of what top athletes are paid. Don't get me wrong i heart gagne, but all i see is coasting as of late; with the shot into the shins of the opposite team or else wide. on the top line producing six points, whats the net worth of the top line (in the many tens of millions?) and how much does the richards line make? eh?
He's not on the top line though. He's stuck with Mr. Invisible with the unenviable task of being his savior on the second and sometimes third line.

sickamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

No, he's not himself and it sucks, but it's not exactly his fault.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 07:52 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
this thread sucks

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 07:54 AM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Quote:
I was in no way saying that you should or implying that in any way whatsoever.Gagne has only been back for 9 games. He's missed over 50% of the season. This is the first time I've ever even been forced to think of the concept of a 'pre-concussion gagne'.

I'm seriously starting to wonder. Are you a gnat?
gnat that its any of your business but yes i'm a gnat. i'm suprised you haven't heard of me ? i'm the only gnat in the world that can use a computer, and i actually bleed orange and black.

Old
02-01-2008, 07:55 AM
dalessam

Send a message via AIM to dalessam
.... fo' sho'...

dalessam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Hasn't Gagne been.... pretty good since he's come back? I picked him up on my fantasy team, and injuries aside hes doing pretty well. I didn't expect him to score 20 goals real quick. But he's got points in all his games except last night, right?

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 08:06 AM
continental divide*

Quote:
gnat that its any of your business but yes i'm a gnat. i'm suprised you haven't heard of me ? i'm the only gnat in the world that can use a computer, and i actually bleed orange and black.
LOL Good stuff. You're alright fjoto.

Don't let the haters get you down. BerubeBox is just mad because his screen name reflects a guy who really wasn't a very good hockey player and a marginal fighter at best.

You are keepin it real and keepin it light today joto.

continental divide* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 08:45 AM
hockeyphan25

groovy, I like this cat, give him a break (funny posts though).

To an extent, Jammin' does have a point. The Gagne, Briere, Unberger line has been pretty bad lately. For every 10 seconds they spend in the offensive zone, they spend 40 seconds in the defensive zone unable to clear a puck. Not that it is any of their faults individually. I don't understand it. Gagne is a great two way player. I think Umberger is a decent two way player and while Briere is not exactly a two way guy, if I'm not mistaken, I believe he led the league in even strenght points last year. Anyway, that line seems to be having trouble and it doesn't make sense to me.

"I'm just sayin"

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Shoeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25 View Post
groovy, I like this cat, give him a break (funny posts though).

To an extent, Jammin' does have a point. The Gagne, Briere, Unberger line has been pretty bad lately. For every 10 seconds they spend in the offensive zone, they spend 40 seconds in the defensive zone unable to clear a puck. Not that it is any of their faults individually. I don't understand it. Gagne is a great two way player. I think Umberger is a decent two way player and while Briere is not exactly a two way guy, if I'm not mistaken, I believe he led the league in even strenght points last year. Anyway, that line seems to be having trouble and it doesn't make sense to me.

"I'm just sayin"
Your exactly right. I think the problem is the chemistry between Briere and Umberger. They didn't have it when Lupul was on the wing and its not working now. I don't think you break up lines because of one bad game, but if you flip flop Umberger and Upshall it doesn't break up the HaRD line and it keeps Knuble away from minutes.

who were Briere's linemates back in Buffalo?

Shoeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 09:47 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
Hasn't Gagne been.... pretty good since he's come back? I picked him up on my fantasy team, and injuries aside hes doing pretty well. I didn't expect him to score 20 goals real quick. But he's got points in all his games except last night, right?
He has 1 point in his last 4 games and other than the goal against the Kings he was invisible each and every time.

This cannot happen. It's time to step up.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote