HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gagne on the Coast?

Old
02-01-2008, 10:49 AM
sickamore

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeny View Post
Your exactly right. I think the problem is the chemistry between Briere and Umberger. They didn't have it when Lupul was on the wing and its not working now. I don't think you break up lines because of one bad game, but if you flip flop Umberger and Upshall it doesn't break up the HaRD line and it keeps Knuble away from minutes.

who were Briere's linemates back in Buffalo?
And Briere and Lupul. And Briere and Hartnell. And Briere and Upshall. And Briere and Knuble.

Dupont and Hecht and then Pominville and Hecht I believe.

sickamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 01:47 PM
mm6492

ok give gagne a month before youy start saying stuff. he isnt playig like crap, i dont beleive our PP was #1 without him. he never went on an assignment to phantoms or anything before coming here, he is still in a recovery period. And to the guy comparing his concussion to Gagnes, it wasnt his consussion it was that he had like two of tem in a period of a week or two when he came back. Also when u had yours did u have 250 pound guys skating as fast as these guys do looking to take your head off

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
ok give gagne a month before youy start saying stuff. he isnt playig like crap, i dont beleive our PP was #1 without him. he never went on an assignment to phantoms or anything before coming here, he is still in a recovery period. And to the guy comparing his concussion to Gagnes, it wasnt his consussion it was that he had like two of tem in a period of a week or two when he came back. Also when u had yours did u have 250 pound guys skating as fast as these guys do looking to take your head off
Everyone recovers from concussions differently. I've had two in my life, neither were from hockey, and it took me about a week in each case to feel right. I would never presume that Simon Gagne should recover in a week and be ready to play at 100% because I would have been ready for my beer league.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 06:10 PM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
He has 1 point in his last 4 games and other than the goal against the Kings he was invisible each and every time.

This cannot happen. It's time to step up.
Would you say he seemingly coasts waiting for his feed? I hope he returns to form like he did post-Forsberg last year at very least play HARD (it worked for Hartnell, the points will come). i'm not saying we should trade him or anything stupid. Bottom line, I just want to see OUR team kick azz

HOLLA!

flyersjamminontheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 06:27 PM
krantan

3-5-8 in 10 games isn't Gagne's best, but it's certainly nothing to sneeze at. I'm slightly more concerned with him being -5 since his return, but if you watch the game instead of the scoresheet I don't see him "struggling." He's made some "good" plays, and not really any "bad" plays. It would be nice to see him make some "great" plays though. I don't see anything wrong with him other then some rust and some minor conditioning issues.

krantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 06:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersjamminontheone View Post
Would you say he seemingly coasts waiting for his feed? I hope he returns to form like he did post-Forsberg last year at very least play HARD (it worked for Hartnell, the points will come). i'm not saying we should trade him or anything stupid. Bottom line, I just want to see OUR team kick azz

HOLLA!
The drive for him is in and out. Always has been. I don't think the problem is that "he's been hurt" the problem is that he can't dig in for an entire season.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 06:39 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
He has 1 point in his last 4 games and other than the goal against the Kings he was invisible each and every time.

This cannot happen. It's time to step up.
ZOMG MIKE RICHARDS 1 GOAL IN LAST 7 GAMES!!

TIME TO STEP UP

Some of the people on this board say the dumbest **** sometimes.

FearTheFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 09:53 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

There are also other ways to contributing then putting goals on the board... (my 2 cents =))

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
I got mad love for gags too, but if I ever mentioned that mad love in a thread I created with "on the coast" in the title, I'd have to pop mad caps into the back of my throat.

Im just sayin'
Ni@@a Please,

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 02:12 AM
vexXed

It's not something I would worry about just yet. As others have pointed out, the dude needs some time to find his legs, and after being off for that long, yes it could take a while. Not that we have any real problems on offense, but when Lupul comes back we are stacked... (unless Lupul needs time to 'find his legs' too ) Only thing to work on is which line combo's should stay together as both Lupul and Hartnell seem to thrive with Cannon.

vexXed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 02:15 AM
bney7

He hasn't looked himself since he has been back that is for sure. He seems tentative, which is to be expected after a concussion. Hopefully he regains his form soon.

Also for the people who are throwing out the stats, he has 3 goals all on the PP, he is a -4 since he has returned. Being that he is labeled one of the best two way players on our team. That is hardly an encouraging stat to see.

He & Briere have begun to look a little more comfortable together on the ice at even strength. So hopefully they mesh and produce like we all know they can together.

bney7 is offline   Reply With Quote