HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Trade Proposal...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2008, 02:37 AM
  #1
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 17,880
vCash: 500
Trade Proposal...

I am curious about this but my initial foundation for a trade would center around Ryan Suter going to Minnesota with Pierre-Marc Bouchard heading to Nashville. The value is a little off between the two but close enough. I don't think it'll be a straight up trade but pieces added here and there. What do you think? Gives Nashville a great forward to replace a departing FA and gives Minnesota a young defenseman to compliment Burns and Schultz (if he signs back). We have no youth on our back end.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 07:10 AM
  #2
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKariyana View Post
I am curious about this but my initial foundation for a trade would center around Ryan Suter going to Minnesota with Pierre-Marc Bouchard heading to Nashville. The value is a little off between the two but close enough. I don't think it'll be a straight up trade but pieces added here and there. What do you think? Gives Nashville a great forward to replace a departing FA and gives Minnesota a young defenseman to compliment Burns and Schultz (if he signs back). We have no youth on our back end.
I could be on board with that.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 07:45 PM
  #3
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,487
vCash: 500
PMB is a good player a would be a good addition, however I don't think he'd be an ideal addition to our team. He's a small playmaking center. We have enough "playmakers" and need more of a scorer. Also, I would like to continue to move away from the small and weak players.

If we are trading Suter, I like the idea of Jeff Carter better.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 02:41 AM
  #4
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 17,880
vCash: 500
When has Bouchard ever been WEAK? I mean seriously. He hasn't ever been laid out or been injured because of a hit. He's on pace for 70 points too. The kid is great.

As I said I think the initial package would be Bouchard plus maybe a prospect like Pouliot for Suter and a player...

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 09:28 AM
  #5
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKariyana View Post
When has Bouchard ever been WEAK? I mean seriously. He hasn't ever been laid out or been injured because of a hit. He's on pace for 70 points too. The kid is great.

As I said I think the initial package would be Bouchard plus maybe a prospect like Pouliot for Suter and a player...
We're talking size wise JAKariyana ... this organization needs a philosophical shift NOW ... size + skill >>>>>>> midgets + skill

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 10:21 AM
  #6
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,338
vCash: 500
He is a small PP guy. He would be completely ineffective in Nashville IMO.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 11:28 AM
  #7
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 17,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
He is a small PP guy. He would be completely ineffective in Nashville IMO.
Uh, no he's not a PP specialist. He's been used on the 2nd line in Minnesota and has done pretty damn well. He won't be ineffective in Nashville, even if they play defensively.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 03:44 PM
  #8
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKariyana View Post
Uh, no he's not a PP specialist. He's been used on the 2nd line in Minnesota and has done pretty damn well. He won't be ineffective in Nashville, even if they play defensively.
Somebody needs to check the stats....

2005-2006 - Bouchard had 59 points in 80 games, 31 of them came on the PP.

2006-2007 - Bouchard had 57 points in 82 games, 24 of them came on the PP.

2007 - 2008 - Bouchard has 44 points in 51 games, 19 of them came on the PP.

He definitely has trended upward the past few years. However, I think his 06 stats are more indicative of his level of play. I would guess he will be around a 60 point forward, 70 points in a good year with lots of PP time.

This would be a horrible fit for the Predators. He is 5'10", 162 (which probably means he is 5'8, 155). He scores the majority of his points of the PP......I.e., he would be another small forward that would be ineffective here in Nashville due to our ineffective, redundant PP.

Suter for Bouchard? PASS!

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 12:24 AM
  #9
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,487
vCash: 500
I was at the Flyers/Rangers game tonight and tried to check out Carter closely. Just one game I know. He's still raw, but you can "the potential." He doesn't handle the puck very well. I'd pair with some somebody who does (like Erat). Ok, I'll get off the Carter kick now.

On antoher note, it pains me to walk around the place and see all these Timonen, Hartnell, and Upshall jerseys (I even saw a Parent one). I wish Hartnell was still sucking, that'd make it a little better.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 12:35 AM
  #10
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I was at the Flyers/Rangers game tonight and tried to check out Carter closely. Just one game I know. He's still raw, but you can "the potential." He doesn't handle the puck very well. I'd pair with some somebody who does (like Erat). Ok, I'll get off the Carter kick now.

On antoher note, it pains me to walk around the place and see all these Timonen, Hartnell, and Upshall jerseys (I even saw a Parent one). I wish Hartnell was still sucking, that'd make it a little better.
Did you note the number on the jersey? Could it have been a Bernie Parent jersey? Just want to make sure...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 12:37 AM
  #11
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 17,880
vCash: 500
I said Bouchard + for Suter +...

Bouchard is underrated here because he is a) small and b) a young player and plays in a non-media friendly market. The kid is great. Sure he might get a few points from the PP but his line is pretty freaking great. Not ever going to be a franchise player but he dictates play and can control play. One of the best stick handlers in the game.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 12:48 AM
  #12
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Did you note the number on the jersey? Could it have been a Bernie Parent jersey? Just want to make sure...
No, I didn't. You could be right.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 01:24 AM
  #13
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKariyana View Post
I said Bouchard + for Suter +...

Bouchard is underrated here because he is a) small and b) a young player and plays in a non-media friendly market. The kid is great. Sure he might get a few points from the PP but his line is pretty freaking great. Not ever going to be a franchise player but he dictates play and can control play. One of the best stick handlers in the game.
Many here are understandbly hesitant to add a small playmking forward. We've seen a few here the last couple of years and it hasnt worked out for us when the games really mattered. I dont think I'd do it. Don't think he would fit in very well here.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.