HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

rebuild around.....

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2004, 05:46 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

vCash: 500
rebuild around.....

alright...seems like our season is over...even if allison returns, or we squeak into the playoffs, it will still only mean a first round exit with a lower draft position...

so who would you want to rebuild around... i'd say lets get guys who r good enough to help the team transition to the youngsters and young enough to lead the youngsters when they are ready....

from recent rumors....guys like
jokinen (guy can develop into something similar to forsberg)
lecavlier (big, young center who we can build around)

who else would look good this summer???

Old
01-20-2004, 08:44 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

I thing I know for sure and that's you can forget Vincent Lecavalier.
He may have a dissapointing season so far but I see no reason why the Bolts would trade him. The price is heavy to acquire a proven player to rebuild around and I'm not willing to trade one of our promising prospects (Brown, Gleason, Grebeshkov, Pushkarev) either. Olli Jokinen could be an option though.

Old
01-20-2004, 02:27 PM
punchy1

Why look outside our own team? We are so bloody well stocked with young talent that I would reckon that we might be able to deal for a solid young center pick in this years draft or, look at our own talent. I don't feel that you have to build around a center but here goes. Ready, Frolov/Camms/Brown/Aulin/Pushkaryev/Tambellini/Kanko/Clarke/Boyle/Hogeboom/Barney are all great to good to who knows as far as talented young forwards go and we have plenty of character lads as well in Avery/Kanko/Hogeboom/Steckel/Smithson/Ebell/Sim/Tripp/to name some.

I know what you mean on our needing a true top notcher but I feel that is Frolov. With so much talent at the ready we can either draft/develope a center or move a couple of vets to land one. Waiting until the deadline to see what teams like the Fliers/Senators/Lightning/ need might free up some great young players. I would still bet that the Fliers will be looking for a defencemen or a sniper at the dealine and IF we were to actually try and go young, I bet players like Comrie/Handzsus and Gange might be moved to bring in a package with Miller/Straka or something along those lines (not suggesting an actual trade mates, just naming players that could move around) not to mention that we also have all of that stockpile of young talent to deal to a team to help US get over the hump and get a youngish talented lad as well to a team with payroll troubles. I don't see the season as over, I just think that soon, we will have to chose wether we want to try and give the team we have another chance after the CBA or that we will go with our younger players. Either way, it is going to be interesting and probably tuff.

Old
01-20-2004, 02:57 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
I'd like to rebuild around a goalie. But the Kings don't really have one and franchise types are hard to find. Washington has several top goalie prospects, Ahonen from Jersey might be available, there's Denis and LeClaire in Columbus, one of Noronen and Miller will eventually be moved, probably some others I can't think of. I'd like to build around one of those. (But don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a Lecavelier or Jokinen)

01-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
so who would you want to rebuild around...
Some guy named Frolov.
As for the rebuilding, I don't think the Kings are going to go into a rebuilding faze. I don't think they would've signed Matty and Miller to long term deals if they were planning on rebuilding yet again.
They, like 29 other teams, are going to see how the CBA plays out and then they will start resigning free agents.

Old
01-21-2004, 03:38 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

but with allison most likely gone...and possibly deadmarsh as well...we'll have the money to get a good young player to carry us to the good youngsters we have...and i do believe that we'll resign palffy no matter what direction we go in...

Old
01-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
but with allison most likely gone...and possibly deadmarsh as well...we'll have the money to get a good young player to carry us to the good youngsters we have...and i do believe that we'll resign palffy no matter what direction we go in...
Who says Allison and Deadmarsh are gone? Both could be healthy and signed by the time next season (post CBA war) finally roles around.
I'm not saying they are gone until I see either of them in a different uniform or either of them hold a press conference to say they have to retire due to injury reasons.
I just can't see Kings management saying, "Okay, injuries have screwed 2 seasons up now, so lets just get rid of the 30+ yr old players and go with youth." In my opinion, with this team fully healthy, and that is bound to happen, it is closer to a championship than it ever has been.

Old
01-26-2004, 07:15 AM
Jungle Boy

If we were out of the playoffs picture by march. we should trade miller or Norstrom for Kari Letohnen or Ray Emery. And then draft Schremp.

LA Kings 2007
Frolov Schremp Brown
Tambelini Boyle Pushy
Karlsson Steckel Kanko

Old
01-26-2004, 08:06 AM
Frolov

La Kings attendence 2005-2007

Old
01-26-2004, 08:09 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps
Who says Allison and Deadmarsh are gone? Both could be healthy and signed by the time next season (post CBA war) finally roles around.
I'm not saying they are gone until I see either of them in a different uniform or either of them hold a press conference to say they have to retire due to injury reasons.
I just can't see Kings management saying, "Okay, injuries have screwed 2 seasons up now, so lets just get rid of the 30+ yr old players and go with youth." In my opinion, with this team fully healthy, and that is bound to happen, it is closer to a championship than it ever has been.
your right concerning deadmarsh...but it seems more and more liely that his career might be over...but who knows, maybe he'll pull a lindros and come back...but from how things are going now, i shouldnt realy get our hopes up....
as for allison, the kings have an option for 8 mil...which most definitely they wouldnt excercise, due to his injury history and because he probably wont be worth that much after the new labor agreements....so unless allison decides to sign back with us for less, he'll be up for grabs for any team...and i'm not sure if the kings would be outbidding all competitors, especially with his history with the kings

Old
01-27-2004, 06:41 AM
Jungle Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov
La Kings attendence 2005-2007

We can keep a decent team with what we have and we can still add some free agents. And just my opinion: the owners will win the dispute on the new CBA.

Old
01-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Adam West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Boy
If we were out of the playoffs picture by march. we should trade miller or Norstrom for Kari Letohnen or Ray Emery. And then draft Schremp.

LA Kings 2007
Frolov Schremp Brown
Tambelini Boyle Pushy
Karlsson Steckel Kanko
Norstrom would not get a return of Lehtonen or Emery or likely even come close. I would hazard a guess at a solid young player and a good draft pick 1st or 2nd round depending on the player going to LA.

Old
01-28-2004, 05:38 AM
Jungle Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmir
Norstrom would not get a return of Lehtonen or Emery or likely even come close. I would hazard a guess at a solid young player and a good draft pick 1st or 2nd round depending on the player going to LA.
I think Norstrom is being underated here. He is one of the best stay-at-home d-man, an all-star, leader, etc. If we can't get what we need for the future (IMO: a future #1 goalie or future #1 center) I wouldn't trade him. And late 1st picks won't have so much value this year.

Old
01-28-2004, 06:08 AM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
I don't know what you'd be able to get for Norstrom, but there is absolutely ZERO chance that the Kings could get Lehtonen for him.

Closed Thread