HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tim connelly market

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2004, 01:21 PM
SabresRule

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Tim connelly market

im just wondering, as many teams are looking to rebuild, and connelly at 22 is still a excellent prospect (and we're VERY deep at center), whether any team would be interested in him, and what we could get for him. Pyatt is also avaiable (time to bail on the peca trade, lol)

Old
01-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
im just wondering, as many teams are looking to rebuild, and connelly at 22 is still a excellent prospect (and we're VERY deep at center), whether any team would be interested in him, and what we could get for him. Pyatt is also avaiable (time to bail on the peca trade, lol)
no interest in Connolly, but i have a question about Pyatt. why give up on the guy when everyone knows that young potential power forwards develop slower than any other type of player? if i recall, he was quick AND big. even if a guy like that gets (or eventually gets) you 20 goals a season, he's worth quite a bit.

I'm fairly certain Buff won't be dealing Pyatt anytime soon.

Old
01-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Tiki

Send a message via ICQ to Tiki
Quote:
Tim has missed the entire season with Post concussion problems. You'd be luck to get a mid round pick before he proves he can play again.

Old
01-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki
Tim has missed the entire season with Post concussion problems. You'd be luck to get a mid round pick before he proves he can play again.
Then Detroit will give up a midround pick for him......

Old
01-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Capt Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki
I don't think Connolly wouldn't have fetched more than a mid round pick BEFORE his concussion, based on his consistently underwhelming play and inability to score. Yes, he had loads of talent, so I'm sure there'd have been interest in him, but never seemed to be able to get his head together and so I don't think you'd see many teams willing to go any higher than a third rounder for him and maybe not even that, because he just showed no growth and actually regressed in his last full season. He still had (has?) potential, but isn't exactly a lock to explode one day like he once was considered. Now, with teams not sure if he'll ever be able to play again, I don't think you'd get much of anything for him.

Here's wishing him a speedy recovery though.

Old
01-27-2004, 02:12 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

I'd love to see Pyatt traded to Anaheim. What might you like in return?

Old
01-27-2004, 02:13 PM
herecomesdabus

Quote:
You sound like Darcy Reiger

Old
01-27-2004, 02:13 PM
Takeo

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=47217

Old
01-27-2004, 02:48 PM
CelticSabre
aka MillerTime

Quote:
Speak for yourself buddy, Pyatt aint goin nowhere!! Powerforward prospects take alot more time to devolop usually. (Ask Islanders fans about Bertuzzi) and there is no way Regier would just come straight out and admit that the whole Peca trade was a complete bust.

Old
01-27-2004, 04:16 PM
SabresRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgraced Cosmonaut
no interest in Connolly, but i have a question about Pyatt. why give up on the guy when everyone knows that young potential power forwards develop slower than any other type of player? if i recall, he was quick AND big. even if a guy like that gets (or eventually gets) you 20 goals a season, he's worth quite a bit.

I'm fairly certain Buff won't be dealing Pyatt anytime soon.
i do. his not actually got a mean streak, infact his not doing anything out there. his not developing at all, barring a minor miracle i dont see his improvment. maybe in another 2 years it would be better to tell. but im still dissapointed, heavily.

i know he has little to know value, and would either be a throw in on a package deal, or for future considerations, just wondered if there were any teams interested.

Old
01-27-2004, 04:41 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Tim Connolly is worth absolutely nothing to the Sabres right now, and he has no value in any trade. The Sabres should grant Connolly his outright release from the organization this summer and see if he can't re-start his career by latching on to some offensive, skating type team out West.

Taylor Pyatt is not a powerforward, and judging from his remarks in the Buffalo News in recent weeks about how he can't play "physical" nightly, I question where this kid wants to go with his career. If he keeps it up, he'll have a career like his Pops.....short and sour.

Old
01-27-2004, 05:57 PM
SabresRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs
Tim Connolly is worth absolutely nothing to the Sabres right now, and he has no value in any trade. The Sabres should grant Connolly his outright release from the organization this summer and see if he can't re-start his career by latching on to some offensive, skating type team out West.

Taylor Pyatt is not a powerforward, and judging from his remarks in the Buffalo News in recent weeks about how he can't play "physical" nightly, I question where this kid wants to go with his career. If he keeps it up, he'll have a career like his Pops.....short and sour.
whats the deal with his pops then?

anyway, EXACTLY!! i read that. that's why i think we should dump him and run quickly.

Old
01-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Pyatt was never a "power forward" - even in junior. What he can be, is a big forward who doesn't back down but doesn't really initiate. The Isles best rookie in years, Trent Hunter, is like that. Hunter was thought of as a power forward at one time because he is big and he certainly does not avoid contact. But, he also is not mean or aggressive. I see Pyatt in the same way. Pyatt is a big fast kid, with good hands, and solid defensive instincts. He may not have a nasty streak, but he does go into traffic. If Buffalo doens't want him, I hope they send him back to the Island. I HATED seeing him moved. At the very least, he has the making of an excellent defensive forward.

As for TC, hard to say about value because of the concusion. But, you can't deny the kid's talent level. If he gets his head into it, he could still be a very good player for Buffalo.

Don't make the mistake the Isles always do. Hold onto these kids and let them develop.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 01-27-2004 at 06:35 PM.
Old
01-27-2004, 08:15 PM
SabresRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Pyatt was never a "power forward" - even in junior. What he can be, is a big forward who doesn't back down but doesn't really initiate. The Isles best rookie in years, Trent Hunter, is like that. Hunter was thought of as a power forward at one time because he is big and he certainly does not avoid contact. But, he also is not mean or aggressive. I see Pyatt in the same way. Pyatt is a big fast kid, with good hands, and solid defensive instincts. He may not have a nasty streak, but he does go into traffic. If Buffalo doens't want him, I hope they send him back to the Island. I HATED seeing him moved. At the very least, he has the making of an excellent defensive forward.

As for TC, hard to say about value because of the concusion. But, you can't deny the kid's talent level. If he gets his head into it, he could still be a very good player for Buffalo.

Don't make the mistake the Isles always do. Hold onto these kids and let them develop.
the sort of player i think pyatt could and should be is someone who get's infront of the goalie, get's garbage goals, can handle defenders and clear room for the rest. if he can do that then i will accept keeping him, but so far he doesnt do anything, his sound defensivly, but unless he goes on a major streak at the end of the season, his not gonna have improved.

im starting to accept that he could take longer to develop, but im still pissed that his not put a consistant goal scoring effort thought the season, 8 at the start and nothing in the middle. 4GWG at taken away some of my anger tho.

Old
01-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Tiki

Send a message via ICQ to Tiki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C.
I don't think Connolly wouldn't have fetched more than a mid round pick BEFORE his concussion, based on his consistently underwhelming play and inability to score. Yes, he had loads of talent, so I'm sure there'd have been interest in him, but never seemed to be able to get his head together and so I don't think you'd see many teams willing to go any higher than a third rounder for him and maybe not even that, because he just showed no growth and actually regressed in his last full season. He still had (has?) potential, but isn't exactly a lock to explode one day like he once was considered. Now, with teams not sure if he'll ever be able to play again, I don't think you'd get much of anything for him.

Here's wishing him a speedy recovery though.
I agree completely Joe, great post. I watched Tim here in Erie, then he was drafted by my favorite team, then traded to the Sabres whom I have season tix for. I really, really love what he can do offensively.

The problem lies in the fact the he has put on almost no weight scince his draft day, Has not become a good defensive forward, or shown the consistant will to fight for space in front of the net to score.

I too wish him well in both health and Hockey. Hope he can turn things around.

Old
01-27-2004, 08:31 PM
SabresRule

im gonna defend connolly. his 22 years old, had 1 aweful season during the bankruptcy, but before than had some good numbers, and seems like a good playmaking center, 1st line potential, not quite a bust. if we need a 1st line center in years to come, his it.

Old
01-27-2004, 08:44 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
im gonna defend connolly. his 22 years old, had 1 aweful season during the bankruptcy, but before than had some good numbers, and seems like a good playmaking center, 1st line potential, not quite a bust. if we need a 1st line center in years to come, his it.
Okay but those Concussion problems are going top make him UNTRADEABLE IMO..

Old
01-28-2004, 01:51 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingboy2999
Then Detroit will give up a midround pick for him......

You going to play him or waive him (and probably lose him)? He must have played enough seasons to be waiver available (at a guess).

Old
01-28-2004, 03:02 AM
grapeshine

I don't know, guys. I like Connelly a lot, and since he's only 22 he has a chance to turn things around. I guess the obvious comparison here is Alyn McCauley, who had similar injury problems. If Connelly can get over the concussion difficulties, as McCauley did, I don't see why he can't be an important part of the Sabres. McCauley had to really battle once he was better -- he was in-and-out of the Leafs line-up and lacked confidence on the ice -- but look at him now. His scoring has picked up and he's doing really well with the Sharks. Connelly's offensive upside is greater than McCauley's IMHO. If the Sabres show a little patience, there's no reason Connelly can't get better and do well for the team. I'd be hesitant to trade him.

Old
01-28-2004, 06:38 PM
Smith31

I disagree with Darth about Trent Hunter not being a "classic power forward". While he is no Gillies, he has made some nasty hits this season. More hits, in fact, than Bertuzzi had during his whole tenure as an Islander. This guy may (hopefully) be a top pwer forward in this league for years top come.

As for Tim C, its a sad story. I though this guy was the next Trottier. Amazing vision and great passer. My one concern is that he never once won a puck in the corner, i.e. couldn't cycle, and would always end up on the ice. Maybe he just isn't tough enough to be a player in this league. Too bad, I though he would develop into a Craig Janney type at a minimum (a 10-20 goal 50 A PP specialst). Hopefully he can turn it around.

Didn't realize that Pyatt has been that disspointing. Peca trade is looking pretty good from an Isles perspective (although Peca has been quite underwhelming since Tucker)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury

Old
01-28-2004, 06:53 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2
You going to play him or waive him (and probably lose him)? He must have played enough seasons to be waiver available (at a guess).
Then we will play him. Since he won't be playing this season, he can next season. We have forwards that might be gone. I don't even know what our lines look like this season, with all the injuries it is confusing. But there should be a spot somewhere and I would take a gamble on him by either giving up a pick for him or trying to sign him in the summer.

Old
01-28-2004, 07:59 PM
xtra

Connolly for Lindgren and a 4th

Old
01-28-2004, 08:09 PM
t0mf00lery

I would love to see Connolly in Edmonton, but the Oilers probably wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole; only because they can't afford to take those kind of risks financially.

Closed Thread