Per Hållberg

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Robertsson 4-ever

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Per Hållberg

What do you think about Per Hållberg as a pick in the 2004 draft? He has played really well with Färjestad this season and is a regular with the national team. He is at the same age as Niclas Hävelid was when he was drafted by Anaheim, and everyone knows how good he has been since joining the Ducks.

Hållberg has a good chance to earn a spot on the World Champs roster, and with a good tournament he would be a interesting pick for the NHL-clubs.

Old
01-27-2004, 06:29 PM
Predatore

Send a message via MSN to Predatore
Hållberg is one of favorite defensemen in the SEL. I have followed him pretty closely since I saw him play in the U20 World Championships many years ago.

Personally I think that Hållberg skill-wise belongs in the NHL. There are however two concerns how I see it.
1) His size (5'10" is not a whole lot for a defenseman in the NHL)
2) He hasn't got any skill that stands out IMO.

with 2) I mean that most small defenseman in the NHL have one special skill. For example Brian Rafalski is an excellent offensive defenseman. IMO Hållberg is more of an all-round defenseman that plays a good two-way game, but neither his defense or offense stands out in a BIG way.

But if there is room for Anders Eriksson in the NHL... well, then Hållberg should be okay too

Old
01-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Robertsson 4-ever

I don't get why everybody is against Anders Eriksson, who have played really well with the Blue Jackets this season. I think he has proven that he is a NHL-defenseman, which Columbus also showed when they got rid of Darryll Sydor, which opened up a roster spot in Cbj for Eriksson now when almost every injuried player is back.

Old
01-28-2004, 10:08 PM
GoGoHuselius

Send a message via ICQ to GoGoHuselius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsson 4-ever
I don't get why everybody is against Anders Eriksson, who have played really well with the Blue Jackets this season. I think he has proven that he is a NHL-defenseman, which Columbus also showed when they got rid of Darryll Sydor, which opened up a roster spot in Cbj for Eriksson now when almost every injuried player is back.
well, i've seen a lot of Anders and i think he does get a bit of a bad reputation. he has played actually very well this year for Columbus, but in the past he has been not nearly as good. when he was with Florida it really showed because he wasn't playing with great d-men, like he was in Detroit, and was being forced into a top-4 role. he should be better than he is, based on his size, strength and potential... so i guess he is more disappointing than bad. this year, he has probably been the Blue Jackets' most steady d-man, which is surprising. in my opinion, he is a solid 5/6 d-man, but shouldn't be relied upon for top minutes on a consistent basis. just my two cents.

Old
01-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Predatore

Send a message via MSN to Predatore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsson 4-ever
I'm not sure if you directed that to me or if it was more "in general".
My point is that if there is room for the perhaps most laughed at defenseman in the NHL, who has received nothing else but bitter criticism from the fans, media etc.. then there should be room for a skilled player of smaller stature .. like Per Hållberg.
I wasn't referring to his style of play or him as a hockey player in general (although I do admit that I have never been a big fan of his).
And.. I'm well aware of his strong season with the Blue Jackets.. as the nice people at the Columbus board have informed me about it

Old
01-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Robertsson 4-ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatore
I'm not sure if you directed that to me or if it was more "in general".
My point is that if there is room for the perhaps most laughed at defenseman in the NHL, who has received nothing else but bitter criticism from the fans, media etc.. then there should be room for a skilled player of smaller stature .. like Per Hållberg.
I wasn't referring to his style of play or him as a hockey player in general (although I do admit that I have never been a big fan of his).
And.. I'm well aware of his strong season with the Blue Jackets.. as the nice people at the Columbus board have informed me about it
It was a general opinion

Closed Thread