HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tom Renney appreciation thread

Old
02-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Singn'...

this team was giving up less than 2 goals per game through 2+ months of the season and was still losing. Renney couldn't find consistent offense from his players. Is that his fault? I have to think partially. I didn't think he did a particularly good job constructing lines (i.e., thought he went too long with the Dubi experiment on the top line, thought he went too long with Drury with the two smurfs (which was highlighted by Drury not playing well most likely as a reult of playing about 4 minutes per night on average more than he had averaged throughout his career), as well as he couldn't get the PP going when it seemed obvious nobody was moving on the PP and perhaps Dubi with Jagr on the PP may not have been the best option). Further, was the Hossa experiment with Jagr worth 15 games and no goals? There are others, but that's just to point out a few.

The prior two seasons were easy for Renney: he had a top line that dominated every night which made it easy to throw them out there against other top lines and continue to dominate and other lines flowed from there; in addition, he had a goalie standing on his head for much of two seasons (or at least when they were winning) which also made it easy. Fast forward to this season: Jagr's not dominating but Lundqvist is, and the result is few goals scored against and few goals scored for. Then Lundqvist isn't a god any longer and there are more goals scored against (perhaps since the defense wasn't that good and Lundqvist masked that), and even though the goals start coming, it's not enough.

I'm more impressed with what Ruff has done after losing Briere and Drury. I'm more impressed with what Nolan has done with virtually very little over there. I'm more impressed with the Claude Julien's turnaround. I'm more impressed with what John Stevens has done Philly. I'm more impressed with Sutter, who did lose an offensive weapon and who has Mike Mottau and Karel Rachunek playing 20 minutes per night! Mike Mottau? I'm more impressed with...get the picture? There's some good coaching going on out there. Rennney, I'd argue, has some better tools (a $50MMM+ payroll that includes Jagr at half price!) and he's coming off winning a playoff series while adding more to his team than subtracting. While the Rangers aren't far behind those teams, I am more impressed with what they've done to date with what they have.

I do like Renney - I think he understands the game very well and he knows why his team loses, but I also think that often he doesn't adjust well and perhaps can't put the pieces together consistently enough, especially when a few pieces fall. Renney seems to be a guy who would excel if you put him in a booth to review video and who can tell the coach, "here's what they're doing, and here's what you need to do to get through or stop them," or "this isn't working and if you try this, the results should be better".

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:12 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hplaya94 View Post
Maybe, hes underperforming this year, and look whats happenening, as Jagr goes, this team goes which is the sad reality.

My main point for some reason your failing to get, is that Renney has had no effect on this team whatsoever. He has been given credit where it isnt due.

The players have done this for themselves, and when they finally need some motivation or some get go from their coach guess what, its not there.

Are you kidding?

Honestly, to believe this is true you've got to be crazy.

He's had no effect on this team whatsoever?

Who was it that implemented this defensive system that single handedly got this team to the playoffs last year when things looked bleak? That was the player's idea, right?

If you said that to the players on this team, they'd laugh in your face.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:14 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Maybe, hes underperforming this year, and look whats happenening, as Jagr goes, this team goes which is the sad reality.
So that would imply that it doesn't matter who the coach is.

Quote:
My main point for some reason your failing to get, is that Renney has had no effect on this team whatsoever. He has been given credit where it isnt due.
I disagree. They are a team that never gets too high and never gets too low.

Quote:
The players have done this for themselves, and when they finally need some motivation or some get go from their coach guess what, its not there.
Want Messier to come back? I'm sorry but motivation is an overrated, overused and overarching term that really means nothing. I don't need someone to get me motivated to get up, get out of ben and go to work everyday.

02-07-2008, 11:18 AM
ruckus*

And Hplaya, this isn't just for you, but for everyone who feels this way. I'm sick and tired of the "Renney doesn't care", "He does't show any emotion", "He has no passion", bull crap. That's exactly what it is. CRAP. If you think this guy isn't emotional in the dressing room and at practice and passionate about the game and about winning you're crazy once again. Just because Renney is more intelligent then the people who critcize him, and does an excellent job of keeping his cool in situations where most (like yourself) would like to see him flip a table, doesn't mean he's un-emotional and doesn't care. Honestly, think about things a little harder. I really can't believe that people state this like it's a fact.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
So that would imply that it doesn't matter who the coach is.

I disagree. They are a team that never gets too high and never gets too low.

Want Messier to come back? I'm sorry but motivation is an overrated, overused and overarching term that really means nothing. I don't need someone to get me motivated to get up, get out of ben and go to work everyday.
Agreed.

People think yelling and screaming on the bench is emotion/passion. Ya know, like Ron Low used to do when he would ruffle his coat jacket at the refs when he got mad

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:26 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I'm more impressed with what John Stevens has done Philly.
Had to address this example of good coaching:

Their upgrade in personnel from last year (Briere) combined with the maturation of some great young kids (Richards, Coburn etc.) is what is primarily responsible for the turnaround in Philly. To have so many young players excelling all at once is the best thing that can happen to a franchise.

It seems that no matter who coaches NJ, they will play well, so it's hard to say that Sutter is doing that great a job. Lamoriello is the master at putting together teams every year that people here often laugh at before the year but then those folks disappear after a month or two into the season.

It's so hard for us as fans to know how important a coach is to a team's success. As I asked earlier in the thread, which current coaches are unquestionably better than Renney?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Are you kidding?

Honestly, to believe this is true you've got to be crazy.

He's had no effect on this team whatsoever?

Who was it that implemented this defensive system that single handedly got this team to the playoffs last year when things looked bleak? That was the player's idea, right?

If you said that to the players on this team, they'd laugh in your face.
Henrik Lundqvist Averaging something like 1.25 goals per game is what got them to the playoffs along with stellar play by the top line.

Singin' , if it isnt motivation they are lacking, then tell me what it is with this team where they can so routinely come out and look like they dont give a flying ****??

Renney has failed through 55 games to fix a broken powerplay.

Renney has failed through 55 games to keep his penalty killers decent with a decent system.

How can I say Renney is at fault? We have had the same powerplay units ALL YEAR and our PP is HORRIBLE.

Our PK was stellar early on and has faded majorly since. Could that coincide with Lundqvists still above average but not God like play and a defense that bails on him more then Ive ever seen? Possibly.

Whos decision is it to over use the fourth line? Tom Renney.

Whos decision is it to give the top line 25 minutes every game even if they are not dominating and the third line is? Renney.

Why does is our 5 on 3 PP so horrible when it should amount to a goal most times? Tom Renney still using the same PP units.

This is why I blame Renney.

Give me a damn good reason why I shouldnt and how any of this is NOT his fault?

Last edited by Gardner McKay: 02-07-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post

Their upgrade in personnel from last year (Briere) combined with the maturation of some great young kids (Richards, Coburn etc.) is what is primarily responsible for the turnaround in Philly. To have so many young players excelling all at once is the best thing that can happen to a franchise.

It seems that no matter who coaches NJ, they will play well, so it's hard to say that Sutter is doing that great a job. Lamoriello is the master at putting together teams every year that people here often laugh at before the year but then those folks disappear after a month or two into the season.

It's so hard for us as fans to know how important a coach is to a team's success. As I asked earlier in the thread, which current coaches are unquestionably better than Renney?
I didn't agree with those coaches Fletch listed either(sorry Fletcher )

All have either better depth, better defense, and better goaltending(this year, sorry Hank )

And we're still not too far off from those teams in the standings.

Old
02-07-2008, 11:38 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:

Hitchcock is doing great in Columbus, and don't give me last year w/ Philly injuries Ravaged that team. Joel Quenville of Colorado is doing absolutely amazing dealing w/ all the key injuries he has been facing. Claude Julien is doing wonders up in Beantown. Andy Murray in St. Louis is doing a pretty good job. Ted Nolan is doing a great job and is better than Renney. Dave Tippet is good in Dallas.

Hell even look at what Wayne Gretzky has achieved this season w/ Phoenix.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:40 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
this team was giving up less than 2 goals per game through 2+ months of the season and was still losing. Renney couldn't find consistent offense from his players. Is that his fault? I have to think partially. I didn't think he did a particularly good job constructing lines (i.e., thought he went too long with the Dubi experiment on the top line, thought he went too long with Drury with the two smurfs (which was highlighted by Drury not playing well most likely as a reult of playing about 4 minutes per night on average more than he had averaged throughout his career), as well as he couldn't get the PP going when it seemed obvious nobody was moving on the PP and perhaps Dubi with Jagr on the PP may not have been the best option). Further, was the Hossa experiment with Jagr worth 15 games and no goals? There are others, but that's just to point out a few.

The prior two seasons were easy for Renney: he had a top line that dominated every night which made it easy to throw them out there against other top lines and continue to dominate and other lines flowed from there; in addition, he had a goalie standing on his head for much of two seasons (or at least when they were winning) which also made it easy. Fast forward to this season: Jagr's not dominating but Lundqvist is, and the result is few goals scored against and few goals scored for. Then Lundqvist isn't a god any longer and there are more goals scored against (perhaps since the defense wasn't that good and Lundqvist masked that), and even though the goals start coming, it's not enough.

I'm more impressed with what Ruff has done after losing Briere and Drury. I'm more impressed with what Nolan has done with virtually very little over there. I'm more impressed with the Claude Julien's turnaround. I'm more impressed with what John Stevens has done Philly. I'm more impressed with Sutter, who did lose an offensive weapon and who has Mike Mottau and Karel Rachunek playing 20 minutes per night! Mike Mottau? I'm more impressed with...get the picture? There's some good coaching going on out there. Rennney, I'd argue, has some better tools (a $50MMM+ payroll that includes Jagr at half price!) and he's coming off winning a playoff series while adding more to his team than subtracting. While the Rangers aren't far behind those teams, I am more impressed with what they've done to date with what they have.

I do like Renney - I think he understands the game very well and he knows why his team loses, but I also think that often he doesn't adjust well and perhaps can't put the pieces together consistently enough, especially when a few pieces fall. Renney seems to be a guy who would excel if you put him in a booth to review video and who can tell the coach, "here's what they're doing, and here's what you need to do to get through or stop them," or "this isn't working and if you try this, the results should be better".
Fletch, you make it sound like Renney hasn't done anything to improve the offense. He's constatly shuffled lines. He's tried to everything possible to get his top player going. He went too long with the Dubi experiment because it was the only thing that seemed to have the possibility to get Jagr going.

For that matter, at that time, people were killing Renney for playing games not to lose them. No killer instinct is what it was called.

You can point to the Devils, Bruins and Flyers. But I'll ague that those teams are better put together than the Rangers are. The Rangers are top heavy on age and really young guys. There's very little in-between (especially on the wing). So when you get aging players who have lost a step and kids who are not ready to take a step or two, this is what you get. And the injuries have not helped.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 11:50 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Singin' , if it isnt motivation they are lacking, then tell me what it is with this team where they can so routinely come out and look like they dont give a flying ****??
You are the one saying the look like they don't care. That's not what I see. I see a team who has a top player who has lost a step or two who can't dominate a game the way he could. And I see promising kids who are still getting their feet wet in the NHL. And I see a coach who is trying to make heads and tails out of the whole deal.

Quote:
Renney has failed through 55 games to fix a broken powerplay.
The same reason they have struggled to score at even strength.

Quote:
Renney has failed through 55 games to keep his penalty killers decent with a decent system.
Maybe it's me, but I think the PK has been good.

Quote:
How can I say Renney is at fault? We have had the same powerplay units ALL YEAR and our PP is HORRIBLE.
OK, tell us. How do you fix it?

Quote:
Give me a damn good reason why I shouldnt and how any of this is NOT his fault?
At the risk of sounding like a broken record because the players are not performing up to their abilities or performing to their current abilities are not enough.

Show me a coach who can take 3 years off Jagr and Shanahan, add 2 inches and 25 pounds to Prucha, keep Straka and Avery healthy, and add a year or two of experience to Dubinsky, Staal, Dawes and Callahan and I'll be all for signing him up.

Old
02-07-2008, 12:05 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Hitchcock is doing great in Columbus, and don't give me last year w/ Philly injuries Ravaged that team. Joel Quenville of Colorado is doing absolutely amazing dealing w/ all the key injuries he has been facing. Claude Julien is doing wonders up in Beantown. Andy Murray in St. Louis is doing a pretty good job. Ted Nolan is doing a great job and is better than Renney. Dave Tippet is good in Dallas.

Hell even look at what Wayne Gretzky has achieved this season w/ Phoenix.
I prefer Hitchcock and Nolan to Renney.

Joel Quenneville - He's definitely better than Renney?

STL 1996-97 40 18 15 7 - (83) 4th in Central Lost in First Round
STL 1997-98 82 45 29 8 - 98 3rd in Central Lost in Second Round
STL 1998-99 82 37 32 13 - 87 2nd in Central Lost in Second Round
STL 1999-00 82 51 19 11 1 114 1st in Central Lost in First Round
STL 2000-01 82 43 22 12 5 103 2nd in Central Lost in Conf. Finals
STL 2001-02 82 43 27 8 4 98 2nd in Central Lost in Second Round
STL 2002-03 82 41 24 11 6 99 2nd in Central Lost in First Round
STL 2003-04 61 29 23 7 2 (91) 2nd in Central (fired)
COL 2005-06 82 43 30 - 9 95 2nd in Northwest Lost in Second Round
COL 2006-07 82 44 31 - 7 94 4th in Northwest Missed Playoffs

Claude Julien - Please.

MTL 2002-03 36 12 16 4 4 77 4th in Northeast Missed Playoffs
MTL 2003-04 82 41 30 7 4 93 4th in Northeast Lose Second Round
MTL 2005-06 41 19 16 - 6 93 3rd in Northeast (fired)
NJ 2006-07 79 47 24 - 8 102 1st in Atlantic (fired)
BOS 2007-08

Andy Murray's resume outright sucks.

LA 1999-00 82 39 27 12 4 94 2nd in Pacific Lost in First Round
LA 2000-01 82 38 28 13 3 92 3rd in Pacific Lost in Second Round
LA 2001-02 82 40 27 11 4 95 3rd in Pacific Lost in First Round
LA 2002-03 82 33 37 6 6 78 3rd in Pacific Missed Playoffs
LA 2003-04 82 28 29 16 9 81 3rd in Pacific Missed Playoffs
LA 2005-06 70 37 28 - 5 (89) 4th in Pacific (fired)
STL 2006-07 54 27 28 - 9 (81) 3rd in Central Missed Playoffs
STL 2007-08 34 18 13 - 3 (39)

Dave Tippett - If you like losing in the first round of the playoffs, he's your guy.

DAL 2002-03 82 46 17 15 4 111 1st in Pacific Lost in Second Round
DAL 2003-04 82 41 26 13 2 97 2nd in Pacific Lost in First Round
DAL 2005-06 82 53 23 - 6 112 1st in Pacific Lost in First Round
DAL 2006-07 82 50 25 - 7 107 3rd in Pacific Lost in First Round

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey

Quote:
You are the one saying the look like they don't care. That's not what I see. I see a team who has a top player who has lost a step or two who can't dominate a game the way he could. And I see promising kids who are still getting their feet wet in the NHL. And I see a coach who is trying to make heads and tails out of the whole deal.

The same reason they have struggled to score at even strength.

Maybe it's me, but I think the PK has been good.

OK, tell us. How do you fix it?

At the risk of sounding like a broken record because the players are not performing up to their abilities or performing to their current abilities are not enough.

Show me a coach who can take 3 years off Jagr and Shanahan, add 2 inches and 25 pounds to Prucha, keep Straka and Avery healthy, and add a year or two of experience to Dubinsky, Staal, Dawes and Callahan and I'll be all for signing him up.

I love how you pick and chose parts and dont answer everything.

What about the 5 on 3 being so pathetic, there is no excuse for that.

What about his over use of the fourth line. Takes away valuable minutes from players who actually have a chance to score and disrupts what LITTLE flow this team has to begin with.

How do you fix the powerplay? Simple, shuffle. Jagr Dubinsky Straka Rosizval and (Insert Dman here) Will not cut it on the powerplay. How do I know that? Our PP is terrible.

Why not have Jagr Drury Gomez with Straka and Rosival on the points. You have everything on this PP. Great shots. Great passing. And a guy in Drury who IS NOT AFRAID TO GO TO THE FRONT OF THE NET. Which is why so many teams have a successful powerplay, they establish a presence in front of the net, something the Rangers rarely do.

Why not have a second PP unit of Avery Dubinksy Prucha with Shannahan and Mara on the points. That second unit will crash the hell out of the net or take the necessary shot.

Thats how I would fix it.

Old
02-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Pizza

Great take Singn.

It's total 20/20 hindsight on my part, but we have a team whose fortunes rely heavily on three guys who are in their late 30's. I'll admit it and say I hoped for a bit too much.

The reality to me is that the Rangers are in a transition.

The Jagr, Shannahan, Straka era will be ending. Three new centers and 3/4 rookies are being integrated into the line up.

I'll say the Rangers still make the playoffs and get past round 1. Long term this team is in pretty good shape.

Renney is probably doing as well here as anyone could.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey

Quote:

Claude Julien - Please.

BOS 2007-08

Dave Tippett - If you like losing in the first round of the playoffs, he's your guy.

What about Bob whats his face who was fired from atlanta.

Won a cup with colorado, must have done something right.

Old
02-07-2008, 12:10 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I love how you pick and chose parts and dont answer everything.

What about the 5 on 3 being so pathetic, there is no excuse for that.

What about his over use of the fourth line. Takes away valuable minutes from players who actually have a chance to score.

How do you fix the powerplay? Simple, shuffle. Jagr Dubinsky Straka Rosizval and (Insert Dman here) Will not cut it on the powerplay. How do I know that? Our PP is terrible.

Why not have Jagr Drury Gomez with Straka and Rosival on the points. You have everything on this PP. Great shots. Great passing. And a guy in Drury who IS NOT AFRAID TO GO TO THE FRONT OF THE NET. Which is why so many teams have a successful powerplay, they establish a presence in front of the net, something the Rangers rarely do.

Why not have a second PP unit of Avery Dubinksy Prucha with Shannahan and Mara on the points. That second unit will crash the hell out of the net or take the necessary shot.

Thats how I would fix it.
I chose what I felt wasn't redundant from your post and I chose not to respond what feel I have already responded to.

Interesting that you ignored my last point.

Old
02-07-2008, 12:11 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Great take Singn.

It's total 20/20 hindsight on my part, but we have a team whose fortunes rely heavily on three guys who are in their late 30's. I'll admit it and say I hoped for a bit too much.

The reality to me is that the Rangers are in a transition.

The Jagr, Shannahan, Straka era will be ending. Three new centers and 3/4 rookies are being integrated into the line up.

I'll say the Rangers still make the playoffs and get past round 1. Long term this team is in pretty good shape.

Renney is probably doing as well here as anyone could.
It's a team who's fortunes relies heavily not just on guys in their late 30s but guys in their early 20s as well.

Get past the top line and this is a young team.

Old
02-07-2008, 12:13 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
What about Bob whats his face who was fired from atlanta.

Won a cup with colorado, must have done something right.
You mean the same Bob what's his face who got swept by a Tom Renney coached team in the playoffs last year and was fired this season?

Old
02-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
You mean the same Bob what's his face who got swept by a Tom Renney coached team in the playoffs last year and was fired this season?
Yeah, he also won with guys named Forsberg, Sakic, Roy, Foote, Blake, Drury...should I go on ?

Old
02-07-2008, 12:15 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:

Claude Julien - Please.

BOS 2007-08

First off Quennville is doing a spectacular Job handling the injuries in Colorado. No Sakic, Smith, Stastny. And he is still winning w/ Theodore in goal b/c his supposed #1 is out. and nobody won a SC in St Louis not just him. That team was in the playoffs for about 26 straight seasons and didn't win a SC. he is w/o a doubt getting the most out of his players.

Julien - look how much Boston has improved under him. he also was fired while in first place. he isn't that bad of a coach and is going to get better.

Murray is doing a good job this year for a weak St. Louis team. He has that team headed in the right direction.

Tippet yeah well ok. the only defense I have for him is that he was playing in the Much harder western conference. Two division titles in the Northwest isn't that bad at all either.

by the way didn't we pass up on Hitchcock for Trottier... another great move by Sather.

Old
02-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey

Quote:
I chose what I felt wasn't redundant from your post and I chose not to respond what feel I have already responded to.

Interesting that you ignored my last point.
That wasnt redundant, its something your choosing to ignore because you know its true. He completely over uses the fourth line, fails to fix a broken 5-3. Fails to have his players establish a presence in front of the net. Fails to fix a broken 5-4.

How can you say our Pk has been great? We went from 2nd in the league at one point to something like 14th? Yes still better then 50something% of the league but its dropped drastically.

And for your last point its a rhetorical statement does not need an answer but A for effort any way. But for ***** and giggles ill take a stab.

Prucha didnt have those 25 pounds when he put up 30 in 05-06 or 22 on 06-07 did he? No.

Jagr was a year younger last year and still put up 96 points. One year for a player of his talent should not cause this much of a lack of production. Shannahan, age has clearly caught up with him, I will give you that much. But instead of re-signing a 34 year old Nylander we bring in a 27 year old Gomez. Avery is fine. Again, he is just not scoreing as much as he did last year.

Old
02-07-2008, 12:16 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yeah, he also won with guys named Forsberg, Sakic, Roy, Foote, Blake, Drury...should I go on ?
that team was just absolutely stacked. they were so much fun to watch.

Old
02-07-2008, 12:20 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
That wasnt redundant, its something your choosing to ignore because you know its true. He completely over uses the fourth line, fails to fix a broken 5-3. Fails to have his players establish a presence in front of the net. Fails to fix a broken 5-4.

How can you say our Pk has been great? We went from 2nd in the league at one point to something like 14th? Yes still better then 50something% of the league but its dropped drastically.

And for your last point its a rhetorical statement does not need an answer but A for effort any way.

Prucha didnt have those 25 pounds when he put up 30 in 05-06 or 22 on 06-07 did he? No.

Jagr was a year younger last year and still put up 96 points. One year for a player of his talent should not cause this much of a lack of production.
Relax there chief. You're a little fired up from a simple message board dialog.

The answer to why they can't score 5-3 is they aren't scoring in any other situation of the game so why would that not carry over?

I never said the PK has been great. I said its been good.

My last statement was not a rhetorical statement. It did, however, point out the flaws regarding the players who make this team that a coach can't fix.

Firing a coach is a quick and easy fix. This team does not posses problems that have quick and easy solutions.

Old
02-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey

Quote:
Touche, but he was not swept by Tom Renney, Sean Avery dismantling Ilya Kovalchuk was the reason we won that series. Bob Hartley telling his players to forget scoring and just to hit was the reason we won.

Maybe he wouldnt be a good choice but that was more of Hartley loosing it then Renney winning it.

Old
02-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
that team was just absolutely stacked. they were so much fun to watch.
True, though I always hated Roy

How could I leave out Ray Bourque