HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Minnesota Wild @ the Columbus Blue Jackets, 7:00pm FSN OHIO

Old
02-02-2008, 09:54 PM
jetbluejackets

vCash: 500
leadership is a cop-out....If you had talented players the leadership would emerge...

BOTTOM LINE:

Vets aren't getting it done, youngsters are sucking, our bread and butter this year (goalies) are looking like swiss cheese...

In the word of Jim Cramer....

SELL SELL SELL!!

jetbluejackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
BRASSARD scores his first!!!!!!!!!!
I missed this game, but I'm so glad to hear this!

losing 3 in a row

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 09:56 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Carry the Flag.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 09:57 PM
wonderjacket

These last few games the GDT has been such a positive place to be. But hey we are still just 2 pts. out of the playoffs. HAHAHAHAHA

wonderjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 09:58 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Attendance: 18,529.

They must have stopped using the 18,136 limit and counted actual attendance, which is good. Too bad they all saw a performance of Turd Capades.

Also, Vybes played 8:45 tonight. Hurt or traded?

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Palinka

Look on the bright side.

The team is STILL over .500.

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 10:00 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbluejackets View Post
leadership is a cop-out....If you had talented players the leadership would emerge...
I have to disagree. I've seen this before. If the leaders are privately casting doubt in the system, the coaches or the potential of the team, they can have a poisonous effect on the younger players. This is especially true in a system like Hitch's, which needs the veterans to sell the system in the locker room.

Old
02-02-2008, 10:01 PM
aRussian

Hitch talking after the game????
He's red, he must have been giving the guys hell for all this time

aRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Ar-too

vCash: 1000
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsIslesFan View Post
This game might be one of the most important games we've seen as Blue Jackets fans. Bring it, boys!!!
Wether it was that important before the game is up for debate. Now, it's clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliemon89 View Post
I'm making the trip down from Cleveland for this one!

Gooooo Jackets!
I'm sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I have such a bad feeling about this game I am afraid to watch it.
I hope you didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
It seems effective... We really need nash in this game tonight, I mean come on, this guy is our franchise player. We need him to produce.
Yeah. We do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Well, we could be out of the playoffs by that point, just in time for the team to do its usual and play well when it doesn't count.
True fact, the CBJ lost 5 of their last 6 last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
The CBJ always seem to pull this crap when a halfway-decent crowd is in the building. Not a way to win casual fan back, fellas.
I hear the money just flowing out of the arena at this point.
Quote:
I guess our recent trades have had an ill effect on the team....someone in the front office has no clue about making trades at the right time and for the right reasons...horrible.
But what about the culture change Robert???!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Disagree. I'm sure Hitch is tearing into them in the locker room and that's where its appropriate. You don't yell at your kid in front of a crowd--you wait 'til you get home. exGMDM was counterproductive with his tirades.

Not that I don't have issues with Hitch and his line-o-rama.
Seriously. Nash - Brassard - Brule? Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderjacket View Post
zherdev endearing himself to the crowd. Not to mention his team. this is our best player this year folks.
And it's not even close. He's my only real untouchable at this point.

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 10:16 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbluejackets View Post

Vets aren't getting it done, youngsters are sucking, our bread and butter this year (goalies) are looking like swiss cheese...
This is completely false. I understand your upset but please be factual. If it were not for our goalies...we would have about 15 wins. We are about 7th in the league in Goals against and should have had an allstar goalie representing us. Please at least give credit where credit is due. I think any team would take 211 and 925. Come on man

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Very nice recap R-2.... Hitch did the post game after a big defeat tonight, the only reason I say it that way is because he's been known to close the door after a huge loss. I think he feels like I do, in fact, I know he feels like I do. What more can be done.....we have lost three of the most important games in our history in a row, time to step back and reload.

I think there where at least 5 times he could have used Rick Nash's name in that autopsy, he seemed to finally be willing to throw in the towel for this year.

If there is one guy I feel sorry for it is Ken Hitchcock, a HOF coach eating crow, it's not fair. Sorry Hitch....

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Mike Gundy (Oklahoma State Football Coach) would say this game was Garbage.

Ok, I can't wait until we don't have an answer for Alex the Great's Conquest of Central Ohio on Tuesday...begin the auctioning off of talent... I don't care who at this point, the playoffs are but a distant memory until preseason of next year.

Last edited by KeithBWhittington: 02-02-2008 at 10:23 PM.
KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Back from the game. Well, I have no idea what happened during the all-star break, but this is not the same team that looked so promising .

All of a sudden they can't pass, they can't shoot, they can't win face-offs, the goalies can't make big saves.

This was a crucial stretch where we needed to put some distance between us and some other teams before we hit the road again, but the opposite has happened.

Don't be fooled by the shots on goal, Minny pretty much dictated how this game went.

As Dandy Don used to say on Monday Night Football:

"Turn out the lights, the parties over."

And what a shame in front of a SRO crowd.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Hockey Granny

Quote:
Very nice recap R-2.... Hitch did the post game after a big defeat tonight, the only reason I say it that way is because he's been known to close the door after a huge loss. I think he feels like I do, in fact, I know he feels like I do. What more can be done.....we have lost three of the most important games in our history in a row, time to step back and reload.

I think there where at least 5 times he could have used Rick Nash's name in that autopsy, he seemed to finally be willing to throw in the towel for this year.

If there is one guy I feel sorry for it is Ken Hitchcock, a HOF coach eating crow, it's not fair. Sorry Hitch....
Me, too. I swear (he probably just has a bad cold or allergies) but he almost looked teary eyed. I feel so bad, and about half sick myself...

Hockey Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 10:35 PM
errey21

Just got back from the game.

Made a decision on one of our UFA's tonight. I wouldnt re-sign Chimera. Trade him or let him walk. I dont blame him for tonight, Ive been going back and forth on him for awhile.

I think it was in the third that he got boarded by Belanger right in front of the Wild bench. It wasnt a terribly hard hit, but his back was turned and he was kind of hunched over, so he hit the board pretty good and his helmet came flying off. He grabs Belanger and spins him around and............nothing.

He's 6/2 205. Its 4-1. Youve given the crowd nothing all night. Hit him. Dont ask him. Dont worry about getting 2 or 5 or 10. Hit him. Then Zherdev comes flying into the pack with everyone else and kind of starts mixing it up, good for him.

I dont know why, but that little exchange or lack therof kind of summed Chimera up for me and if this team wants to play "tough" or "heavy" or whatever word were using at the time, he aint it.

And thats all Im going to say about that

errey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 10:40 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by errey21 View Post

Made a decision on one of our UFA's tonight. I wouldnt re-sign Chimera. Trade him or let him walk. I dont blame him for tonight, Ive been going back and forth on him for awhile.

I think it was in the third that he got boarded by Belanger right in front of the Wild bench. It wasnt a terribly hard hit, but his back was turned and he was kind of hunched over, so he hit the board pretty good and his helmet came flying off. He grabs Belanger and spins him around and............nothing.

He's 6/2 205. Its 4-1. Youve given the crowd nothing all night. Hit him. Dont ask him. Dont worry about getting 2 or 5 or 10. Hit him. Then Zherdev comes flying into the pack with everyone else and kind of starts mixing it up, good for him.

I dont know why, but that little exchange or lack therof kind of summed Chimera up for me and if this team wants to play "tough" or "heavy" or whatever word were using at the time, he aint it.

That's typical for Chimera. I agree with you, let him go. He can't be counted on to stick up for himself, let alone his teammates.

Old
02-02-2008, 10:42 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
That's typical for Chimera. I agree with you, let him go. He can't be counted on to stick up for himself, let alone his teammates.
Lindstrom for the third line!

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 10:44 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by contingent_23 View Post
Lindstrom for the third line!
I know others have said this, and I've resisted the urge to dismiss/encourage the idea, but tonight changed my mind...
call up Zenon Konopka
send back Gilbert Brule (unless there are trade plans for him)

Last edited by leesmith: 02-02-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old
02-02-2008, 10:48 PM
EH7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz View Post
Hit? Hit what? The bar? The dance floor? The head?
The links.

I'm so frustrated with this team.

EH7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I know others have said this, and I've resisted the urge to dismiss/encourage the idea, but tonight changed my mind...
call up Zenon Konopka
Why not! I liked the dude when I saw him. Can you see Boll and Konepka playing together? We will still lose but man it will be a fun loss to watch!

As for Chimera, ya, that dude is history.

Come on CBJ, lets get this purge started....we have the playoffs next year to think about.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by errey21 View Post

Agree with what you said 100%.

I remember Portzline saying he was one of "the best fighters on the team" after the St. Louis game in which Zherdev got belted. I'd like to see it.

I know people are gonna say we miss Shelley. But for the most part, the Jackets didn't get pushed around. That being said, if we could aquire a guy like Fedoruk, a tough guy (former at least) who can play 10 minutes a night, we should jump on it.

Its a shame that this game happened in front of a sold out crowd. Not a good taste in fans mouths.

02-02-2008, 11:45 PM
EH7

Boll - Konopka - Legein

EH7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
CBJ is downgraded from Sam Cooke's "A Change Is Gonna Come" to Otis Redding's "Pain In My Heart".

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 12:24 AM
disgruntledPSLholder

Quote:
I guess our recent trades have had an ill effect on the team....someone in the front office has no clue about making trades at the right time and for the right reasons...horrible.
like you know a ******* thing about running a sports team.

disgruntledPSLholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 12:28 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Tough game. We ran into a good Wild team tonight.
For the first time in a long time, it was our defense which let us down.
Derick's goal was wicked good. "Zherdevesque."

Poor Rick Nash. Seems like nobody can get him the puck going up the ice.
He has to stand and wait for it. And Zeke got stripped virtually everytime he got to the blueline. We have a lousy transition game. So maybe Tarnstrom IS a step in the right direction.

Unlike some of you I don't think the answer is playing roulette with more prospects. Brule up/down isn't going to make much of a difference. We've given plenty of ice time to our young prospects, but they aren't going to mature overnight.

I also think wholesale roster slaughter...getting rid of 5 or 6 guys -isn't the answer. Yes, we need to turn the roster, but I think some guys, like Chimera, are simply having an off year. RATHER, some roster changes COULD improve the play of some of the guys we keep. Let's hope.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote