HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you think Jagr is injured?

Old
02-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Do you think Jagr is injured?

Does it seem to anyone else that Jagr is slower, and more importantly, falling over a helluva lot easier than before? I mean, seriously, i think ive seen him be knocked over on his butt more times in the past 3 games than I have seen him in his entire tenure as a ranger combined. The guy is legendary for his lower body strength, and his ability to fight off checks and stay on his feet....but lately it seems like even some not so hard hits are knocking him over. Since i refuse to believe its him diving, because frankly i dont think the guy has ever dived in his life, im pretty much left with 2 options, 1)its just a coincidence, or 2)something is wrong with his lower body that is effecting his balance and speed.

I think i remember reading Jagr took 2 shots off his feet or something a while back..possibly that is to blame? i dunno, but it is strange if you ask me.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 12:44 AM
lotus

I didn't watch tonights game but a little while ago they said both his feet were bruised.

I dunno, I don't think he's injured. If anything it looks like at times he is playing with more passion, skating much harder.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 12:45 AM
Bury Your Head

It's a combination of things. Personally, I think he IS somewhat injured, but let's not forget that he's double teamed and sometimes even tripled team for most of the game and when you're playing physical teams (Philly, Devils) it's almost hard to NOT get knocked down going up against 2 or 3 guys. But yeah, you're right in a sense because it does seem like he is injured.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 04:12 AM
PTmbp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Does it seem to anyone else that Jagr is slower, and more importantly, falling over a helluva lot easier than before? I mean, seriously, i think ive seen him be knocked over on his butt more times in the past 3 games than I have seen him in his entire tenure as a ranger combined. The guy is legendary for his lower body strength, and his ability to fight off checks and stay on his feet....but lately it seems like even some not so hard hits are knocking him over. Since i refuse to believe its him diving, because frankly i dont think the guy has ever dived in his life, im pretty much left with 2 options, 1)its just a coincidence, or 2)something is wrong with his lower body that is effecting his balance and speed.

I think i remember reading Jagr took 2 shots off his feet or something a while back..possibly that is to blame? i dunno, but it is strange if you ask me.
He must be hurting some or he need someone like NYlander. Period.

PTmbp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 04:17 AM
PTmbp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
It's a combination of things. Personally, I think he IS somewhat injured, but let's not forget that he's double teamed and sometimes even tripled team for most of the game and when you're playing physical teams (Philly, Devils) it's almost hard to NOT get knocked down going up against 2 or 3 guys. But yeah, you're right in a sense because it does seem like he is injured.

Hurting maybe, but hes double teamed? Sundin or Ovechkin for example are always doubleteamed game in and game out, putting up points anyway. Yeah, you guessed right, i ve never been a Jagr-fan. Hes lazy backchecking.

Im a two-way player fan! Hes just not a good leader! Shipped soon!

Old
02-02-2008, 04:21 AM
Bretzky*

I think right now he's a little banged up, but I also think he's been consciously pacing himself so that he'll be able to turn it up down the stretch / into the playoffs.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 04:46 AM
PTmbp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
I think right now he's a little banged up, but I also think he's been consciously pacing himself so that he'll be able to turn it up down the stretch / into the playoffs.
Oh, that would be neat. Hopefully, you are right about that.

Go Rangers...and Leafs

Old
02-02-2008, 04:56 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Jagr will be 36 years old.I know it's 16 years ago but the NHL Network is always showing highlights from the early 1990's Penguins playoff serieses.Jagr was a much faster and more determined player.Again he was 19/20 years old at the time.The first I saw him in person was during the 1991-92 season at the Garden and he was a tank.Everytime he touched the puck,Jagr almost scored a goal.The Rangers couldn't stop him.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 07:20 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I'll say one thing that stands out about Jagr. Especially after the last two games. He is only a perimeter player.

He does get on the boards if hes after the puck, but most of the time. hes staying out of the dirty places, and he still isnt driving the net.

Maybe hes afraid of getting hurt.

Same with Shanahan.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 07:22 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post

As arrogant as that sounds, I tend to agree with this.

Old
02-02-2008, 07:32 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I just don't think he's got anything left in the tank.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 07:37 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
I just don't think he's got anything left in the tank.
I cant accept that. I just can't. We've seen him really turn it on at times.

Truth is look at the last two games. We got the scoring from the other lines but the opponents are still really focusing on Jagr.

He scares the other teams

Dealing with Jagr is a BIG part of the preperation on the other teams part. They know he cant be left with any room because he's so creative with the puck.

As long as the other lines step up......

its all good

Old
02-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Forechecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
I cant accept that. I just can't. We've seen him really turn it on at times.

Truth is look at the last two games. We got the scoring from the other lines but the opponents are still really focusing on Jagr.

He scares the other teams

Dealing with Jagr is a BIG part of the preperation on the other teams part. They know he cant be left with any room because he's so creative with the puck.

As long as the other lines step up......

its all good
If that's the case, then we can't expect much scoring from him in the last 28 games, since the majority of them are against EC teams that will look to shut him down every time he gets the puck. LA & Anaheim will be good tests to see if he takes advantage of their long road trips (ANA will be in the middle of an 8 game road trip), and lack of familiarity with Jags.

Old
02-02-2008, 08:00 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
I'll say one thing that stands out about Jagr. Especially after the last two games. He is only a perimeter player.

He does get on the boards if hes after the puck, but most of the time. hes staying out of the dirty places, and he still isnt driving the net.

Maybe hes afraid of getting hurt.

Same with Shanahan.

That's the first thing that players start to do when they get older. I remember Mess started doing it towards the end too.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 08:09 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
If that's the case, then we can't expect much scoring from him in the last 28 games, since the majority of them are against EC teams that will look to shut him down every time he gets the puck. LA & Anaheim will be good tests to see if he takes advantage of their long road trips (ANA will be in the middle of an 8 game road trip), and lack of familiarity with Jags.

No team has a lack of familiarity with Jags

Old
02-02-2008, 09:24 AM
bubba5

he's 36 years old. He tries the same move over and over and over again, when he comes out of the corner, shielding the puck, everyone knows what he is going to do. he is much slower than he was in the 90's. That is the problem with Jagr.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 10:24 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

It's a well known fact that Jagr's hurt.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 10:27 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Something is wrong. And him getting beat up 6 times a game is not helping.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 10:34 AM
gmanwrx

there is always a story with jagr the whole season so far.

Give it a res. he is done at the end of the season.

injury, cant play with some of the best players in the nhl. loses the puck everytime he touchs it.

how many time has he carried the puck into the zone in transition hockey with team mates..
kicking a dead horse...

gmanwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 10:44 AM
HockeyBurd*

He doesn't look anywhere near as strong as he always is for whatever reason. He isn't the bull he has been. He consistently weaker than the opposition and is always beaten. I suppose injury can be part of it. Or maybe he was trying to be lighter this season and neglected his strength training. Whatever it is, the end result a completely different player.

The worst part is that we see him get into the slot area a lot lately and time after time not score from there. And that's his money area. That used to be the area that you could bank on him scoring from. That could be confidence. I don't know.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAscis View Post
Hurting maybe, but hes double teamed? Sundin or Ovechkin for example are always doubleteamed game in and game out, putting up points anyway. Yeah, you guessed right, i ve never been a Jagr-fan. Hes lazy backchecking.

Im a two-way player fan! Hes just not a good leader! Shipped soon!
What? Like Jagr hasnt put up points with the same treatment? He gets more of that than those two guys, and usually puts up way more points.

Dont ever compare them.

Tucker316* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

If we went by what people are saying here, he'd have been hurt for the past two years

Yet the guy hasn't missed any significant time

Old
02-02-2008, 12:45 PM
mergnemi*

Send a message via AIM to mergnemi*
in the second period he was really dogging it back to the bench, i said to my uncle he looked hurt, i mean he wasn't being lazy changing he just look like something was wrong. but idk, his shift with 1 min left in the game with gomez and straka was unbelievable, the amount of time they killed off the clock

mergnemi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Forechecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
If we went by what people are saying here, he'd have been hurt for the past two years

Yet the guy hasn't missed any significant time
Um, he was hurt all of last season, and has not missed a game as a Ranger.

Old
02-02-2008, 01:27 PM
The Thomas J.*

There is somthing definitely up with Jagr, I've been saying this since November, the weight loss he sustained after his shoulder surgury took alot out of him, that co,bined with age & several other nagging injuries & this is what you have.

One positve note Jagr plays everygame, he will have to be carried off the ice on a stretcher unconscious b4 he misses a game.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote