HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting team Fan in Nashville

Old
01-19-2008, 12:50 PM
CoyoteUgly

vCash: 500
Visiting team Fan in Nashville

I travel alot, and always ask this in every city I go to....

What's the attitude towards visiting team fans in Nashville? I hear there is a section or two in the upper level that can be quite creative with taunting.

I'll be in town for the Coyotes game next week. But i sit quietly and play well with others. So it's not like I'm gonna be there talking **** or anything.

Also, i wanted to save money so I bought myself an upper level seat (splurged for a lower level seat the night before in atlanta)

what i didnt realize was it's the second last row in the place. im not afraid of heights or anything, but i was wondering if there are enough empty seats that i can sneak down a little

CoyoteUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Statesman

You won't have any trouble at all as a visiting fan while visiting the Sommet Center unless you get drunk and act stupid.At that point you are apted to be asked to leave.Red Wing fans are even tolerated and thats saying something.

Preds fans/Nashvillians are a pretty friendly group of folks IMO.

The section with the "creative" taunts would be 303.Their taunts are pretty harmless---some might say silly.

Typically--after the first period is over (and the game isn't a sellout)fans are allowed to migrate to the lower levels.

Have a good time.

Statesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 04:48 PM
cbjfan4life

dont know so much about the sneaking down to the lower section, but Nashville, and the arena is an absolute blast.....definitely one of my favorite road trips that I have gone on......something can be said for southern hospitality (sp?) have one for me

cbjfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 08:16 AM
Pattypred

Make sure you stop by "down by the glass" between sections 102/103 for the preskate and say hello.

A bunch of posters meet down there every game. Be prepared from good natured smack talk.

Preds fans are a fairly friendly bunch until a visiting fan becomes an idiot.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

You can sneak down to the lower levels, you just need to make sure you pick the right section. Some of the sections are watched like hawks, others....not so much. My suggestion: Go down to the ice early on and let the workers see you in their area. This will make it easier for you to move down without being "asked" if you need help to find your seat.

02-04-2008, 04:44 PM
CoyoteUgly

had a great time in Nashville. Nobody gave me a hard time about my jersey (well except for the usher in 306!) Set next to a couple of cool guys who knew alot about hockey and we ended up talking the whole game

i loved the vibe from the crowd, and how everybody was involved (at times it can sound like a library in phoenix)

a great time overall, the only bad thing is, you beat us!

CoyoteUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 04:55 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I wondered if I was seeing you, i saw two coyotes fans sitting in the lower bowl...114 or so, I'd guess...but if you were in 306, you were above my back, as i was in 106 that game.

The two Coyotes fans cheered all the goals.

Not just the Coyotes goals..but the Preds goals as well, including the game winner. Perhaps it was a case of split loyalties?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Paincakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I wondered if I was seeing you, i saw two coyotes fans sitting in the lower bowl...114 or so, I'd guess...but if you were in 306, you were above my back, as i was in 106 that game.

The two Coyotes fans cheered all the goals.

Not just the Coyotes goals..but the Preds goals as well, including the game winner. Perhaps it was a case of split loyalties?
I was sitting behind and to the left about a row back of two Yotes fans in 114, didnt see them cheering our goals too probably because I was too excited myself. It was a great game. Glad you had a good time.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote