HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dane Byers

Old
02-02-2008, 01:36 AM
NewYork4life

vCash: 500
Dane Byers

Since Callahan has been in Hartford it has sparked Byers. Why do you think that is?

But I love to see him playing as well as he has been.As far as Ryan what do you guys think are the chances that NewYork will make room for him in their roster is he keeps contributing in Hartford?

What about calling Byers and Callahan up together!

NewYork4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork4life View Post
Since Callahan has been in Hartford it has sparked Byers. Why do you think that is?

But I love to see him playing as well as he has been.As far as Ryan what do you guys think are the chances that NewYork will make room for him in their roster is he keeps contributing in Hartford?

not really the biggest fan of Byers myself. i think he needs more time in the minors. Cally is ready though, for sure. just not sure who gets benched for him now.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 02:08 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
not really the biggest fan of Byers myself. i think he needs more time in the minors. Cally is ready though, for sure. just not sure who gets benched for him now.
he scored more than Hollweg did in the AHL and he has more size.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 02:12 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
he scored more than Hollweg did in the AHL and he has more size.
hes a lot slower though. Ryan has tremendous skating ability, which makes him very effective as a forechecker and in the neutral zone.

i dunno, i just am kinda "meh" on Byers...no real good reason for it.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 03:03 AM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork4life View Post

question is who to put between them

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 08:43 AM
bar down*

Send a message via AIM to bar down*
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
question is who to put between them
betts

bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 04:19 PM
NewYork4life

Quote:
hes a lot slower though. Ryan has tremendous skating ability, which makes him very effective as a forechecker and in the neutral zone.

i dunno, i just am kinda "meh" on Byers...no real good reason for it.

Byers is sure not slower than Hollweg!! Byers has great skating abiliy and if you see him play he is a great forchecker and plays great in front of the next. Nobody really likes Byers but I see him as a 3rd or 4th liner maybe as soon as next year. As for calling them up I don't think that the Rangers have room right now for them. Maybe after some trades.

Old
02-02-2008, 04:24 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

i was hoping that Brodie Dupont would eventually replace Hollweg.... More offensive upside, still hits hard, but can actually play defense well and also play the PK....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 04:37 PM
eco's bones

I don't think Hollweg even made the fans prospect poll--the summer before he made the team. An unspectacular rookie season (scoring wise anyway) in Hartford and then he made the Rangers out of training camp. He is a very good skater and forechecker. Limited otherwise. I'm not sure he'd keep his spot if the coaching staff changed. Another system--another coaching perspective and I'd bet he'd be somewhere else.

Comparables sometimes miss the point. A coach will decide he wants this element over that. A player like Matt Barnaby was not nearly the hitter (nor as good a skater) that Hollweg is but was at least for us a very effective third liner--who brought a different kind of physical element to the teams he played on. Byers might be a little bigger, stronger version of Barnaby when all is said and done. He seems to have much more offensive potential than Hollweg. The Rangers forwards lack size and IMO could use some bigger, grittier players. Byers and Dupont to me look like two players who could one day potentially be those kind of players. They also seem to have some skills.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 04:43 PM
NewYork4life

Quote:
I disagree I don't think Byers needs more time in the minors.I think he needs a call up to see how he plays in the NHL because he played great in pre season up in NewYork. He had a great year last year and is proving himself again this year. He just got off to a slow start. Where guys like Greg Moore who had a terrible season last year and all of a sudden this year his is "god"on the team. Yes he was putting up good numbers in the beginning but he's had 7 games up to prove himself and he has done nothing. Now its time to give Byers or someone else a try!