HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Hillier

Old
02-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Vatchern

vCash: 500
Ryan Hillier

I just went to a Fog Devils and Mooseheads game, and I watched Hillier play.

He made some nice plays, and made some bad plays as well. One thing I notice bad about him, he was very slow going to his zone to backcheck, but very fast on the forecheck.

He made some very nice passes(he had 1 assist), yet he had alot of trouble handling passes.

He skates very fast. He played on a line with Brad Marchant, and I found Hillier to be more noticeable for the last 2 periods than marchant. I would like to see him up to our AHL team next year to get better.

Vatchern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Loto68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatchern View Post
He made some nice plays, and made some bad plays as well. One thing I notice bad about him, he was very slow going to his zone to backcheck, but very fast on the forecheck.
Maybe he was sick or something, because Hillier has been one of Halifax's top PK guys and has a few shorties.

Loto68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Vatchern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loto68 View Post
Maybe he was sick or something, because Hillier has been one of Halifax's top PK guys and has a few shorties.
He was never on the ice during the PK. But he was on the ice for the PP with Knotek, and Marchand up front. they did really good.

Vatchern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 04:00 PM
MatthewB

I watch the Mooseheads on a regular basis and hillier could be a good steal for the Rangers, he has hands, grit, and speed, and with a little polishing could defenfiently be a real good NHL player. I was hoping Montreal would take him but i Think this guy has alot of the tools to be a good player for the rangers in a few years.

MatthewB is offline   Reply With Quote