HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues v Avs GDT (It's kind of a big deal)

Old
02-02-2008, 09:51 PM
CuSa_1

vCash: 500
Walt!!

CuSa_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 09:55 PM
CuSa_1

At least we get to see the other team in a defensive shell to end a game.

CuSa_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTeddyPaul View Post
I have never even heard of those last two players who scored goals for Colorado. NHL seriously needs to get back on ESPN. I love hockey but I haven't watched a game in 8 months.
To be fair, the first four goals were scored by rookies, two of whom are pretty old. Guite was drafted in 1997, and had one career NHL game prior to this season. Hlinka is a 31 year old rookie who played his entire career prior to this season in the Czech league. Hensick is probably the most familiar of the three, playing four years at Michigan (though he was a third round pick, and around here, players are nobody unless they went top ten in their respective draft.)

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 09:57 PM
General Veers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuSa_1 View Post
At least we get to see the other team in a defensive shell to end a game.
The Avs. going into a defensive shell? I like our chances!

3 posts?!?!?!

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam sinister View Post
To be fair, the first four goals were scored by rookies, two of whom are pretty old. Guite was drafted in 1997, and had one career NHL game prior to this season. Hlinka is a 31 year old rookie who played his entire career prior to this season in the Czech league. Hensick is probably the most familiar of the three, playing four years at Michigan (though he was a third round pick, and around here, players are nobody unless they went top ten in their respective draft.)
I knew about these two, but not Guite. Whats the story on that guy?

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
I knew about these two, but not Guite. Whats the story on that guy?
Played four years at the University of Maine. Even at that level, was a crasher and banger. Bounced around several organizations for several years before making his NHL debut (1 game with Boston). He then signed the following season with the Avs and was called up midway through last season and stuck the rest of the year. He has been up with the Avs ever since and he's been an excellent defensive, gritty, and occasional offensive contributor.

I hope the Avs offer him a few years so he'll be around for a while. He's got a good game that's suited for the best of checking lines.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 06:34 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Wow three goal posts in the third period. Better than last time at least. Didn't we allow like 8 or 9 goals?

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Irish Blues

Yep ... and apparently we forgot how they scored 9 goals last time, because they picked up a few of their goals tonight on the same "behind the net" play.

02-03-2008, 11:08 AM
byrath

Tough game to lose. I really liked our effort, overall, and its been a long time since I've seen our offense look that potent for pretty much a full 60 minutes. Unfortunately, a handful of defensive errors left the Avs with players wide open in front of the net, and they scored on most of the decent chances they had. Brewer was pretty impressive carrying the puck and MacDonald made some nifty stickhandling plays which resulted in good chances. Unfortunately Legace only played a decent game and thats rarely going to be good enough to win.

byrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 01:24 AM
wilco5886
Come On You Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrath View Post
Tough game to lose. I really liked our effort, overall, and its been a long time since I've seen our offense look that potent for pretty much a full 60 minutes. Unfortunately, a handful of defensive errors left the Avs with players wide open in front of the net, and they scored on most of the decent chances they had. Brewer was pretty impressive carrying the puck and MacDonald made some nifty stickhandling plays which resulted in good chances. Unfortunately Legace only played a decent game and thats rarely going to be good enough to win.
I know this is kind of a delayed post, but i agree that Brewer looked great at the end of the game against Colo, I dont understand the constant criticism of him (although it it has slowed lately), it was probably some of the best play ive seen him, but granted i don't get to watch many blues games going school out here in ft. collins but im always listening online to kerbs and chaser

wilco5886 is offline   Reply With Quote