HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

GDT: 2/3 New York Giants @ New England Patriots - GIANTS WIN SUPERBOWL!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2008, 12:46 PM
  #251
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Is Shockey not a Giant anymore? He wasn't announced as part of the team during the ceremony when injured guys were there like Kiwi.

Very weird.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 01:31 PM
  #252
Forechecker
Registered User
 
Forechecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Neither was Derrick Ward nor Mathias Kiwanuka. I think players on IR were not announced, and I'm not even sure they get SB Rings.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 01:41 PM
  #253
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Neither was Derrick Ward nor Mathias Kiwanuka. I think players on IR were not announced, and I'm not even sure they get SB Rings.
Kiwi was announced. I heard his name for sure.

But you're right. Ward wasn't announced.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 01:48 PM
  #254
Forechecker
Registered User
 
Forechecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Kiwi was announced. I heard his name for sure.

But you're right. Ward wasn't announced.
I heard Kawika Mitchell, but not sure I heard Kiwi. In fact, I didn't hear any of the IR players (but I wasn't listening that hard): http://www.giants.com/team/giants_roster.html

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 02:14 PM
  #255
Forechecker
Registered User
 
Forechecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
For those that haven't seen it, SNY captured a very cool, and touching, moment between Peyton & Eli in the locker room. No, not touching in THAT way! Jeez, you people are sick. Here's the video

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 03:07 PM
  #256
Forechecker
Registered User
 
Forechecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Apparently, Toomer broke his hand with 8 minutes left, and stil made two more catches. Plax almost didn't play, and Diehl played the entire season with a torn ligament in his thumb. Inside the Giants

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 03:29 PM
  #257
danno2530
 
danno2530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,454
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Apparently, Toomer broke his hand with 8 minutes left, and stil made two more catches. Plax almost didn't play, and Diehl played the entire season with a torn ligament in his thumb. Inside the Giants
Man, Toomer is such a gamer. What a guy.

I also heard the reason Plax wasn't at the parade was because he was in alot more pain than everyone thought - and we all knew he was hurt. The guy has major balls, man.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 03:36 PM
  #258
Forechecker
Registered User
 
Forechecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Man, Toomer is such a gamer. What a guy.

I also heard the reason Plax wasn't at the parade was because he was in alot more pain than everyone thought - and we all knew he was hurt. The guy has major balls, man.
Apparently Plax couldn't even get dressed this morning.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 03:37 PM
  #259
danno2530
 
danno2530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,454
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Apparently Plax couldn't even get dressed this morning.
Amazing. Hopefully we can have another parade next season so that he can be a part of that one.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 04:10 PM
  #260
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
The scoop from Paul Dottino, who covers the Giants for 1050 ESPN Radio, Shockey wasn't there because he's still on crutches, and defied doctors and team orders by actually flying out to Arizona to watch the game when he wasn't supposed to, Osi wasn't there because he flew out to the Pro Bowl, and Burress was just in pain everywhere on his body - ankle, knee, shoulder, back...just amazing; he played the whole year injured and in incredible pain.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 12:12 PM
  #261
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,800
vCash: 500
Awards:
Spags is staying!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3235255

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 12:56 PM
  #262
zestystrat
Registered User
 
zestystrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC > Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
*Whew* Good news.

zestystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 01:20 PM
  #263
danno2530
 
danno2530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,454
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
YES!!!!!

I had a feeling he wasn't leaving here anyway. I think he's going to be the coach when Coughlin's next deal runs out. Great news.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 01:31 PM
  #264
2Leetch_94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,416
vCash: 500
Awesome news on the Spags front.

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 01:47 PM
  #265
Forechecker
Registered User
 
Forechecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Woohoo!

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 01:57 PM
  #266
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,863
vCash: 500
Get outta here!

Awesome job by the Giants the news just keeps getting better.

Without Spags this team does not win the superbowl -- not even the game against Dallas.

Wow, nice job!

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 05:58 PM
  #267
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
OT: Spagnuolo stays with the Gmen!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3235255

Quote:
New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, who interviewed for the Redskins' head coaching job the past three days, has decided to stay in New York.

Spagnuolo was not offered the Redskins job but his agent Bob Lamont said "it didn't matter because his heart is in New York City."

"The Redskins were great ... it was a great interview," Lamont said.

The Giants are also giving Spagnuolo a new three-year contract in excess of $2 million per year, which would make him the league's highest-paid defensive coordinator.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 08:22 PM
  #268
Adam Larsson
Registered User
 
Adam Larsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Jersey..
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,773
vCash: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Neither was Derrick Ward nor Mathias Kiwanuka. I think players on IR were not announced, and I'm not even sure they get SB Rings.
I hope that's not true. Shockey, Ward and Kiwanuka we're all big parts of the team when they were healthy.

Adam Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.