HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Cechmanek test has failed.......

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2004, 09:44 PM
  #1
swinginutter*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
Cechmanek test has failed.......

I said I wouldn't be back for awhile, but I lied.....
I just finished watching this game on TSN, and we got skinned out there. The Cechmanek trade has been nothing more than a minor upgrade over Potvin, and since we only lost a second round pick it's time we count our losses and move for another goalie towards trading deadline. This season is nothing more than survival for this team and although everybody here including the front office want post-season play, i'm somewhat neutral to it. I definitely don't want to see us get embarassed, like we did tonight. Cecho is such a freakin' headcase, and he's lazy to top it off. Although I think it was more of Modry's fault the other night with his cute ass play, Cecho moved like a snail to handle it.
It's one game I know, but our mentality is still ass backwards. We've become a win at all costs type of team. Whatever happened to Kip Brennan? He ain't going to win us any games but he definitely would bring a presence we lack. And, I can think of 3/4 forwards that are nothing more than a warm body out there. We always try to justify AM's moves, but what's the gag? Why do players like Zizka get called up when he's choking in Manchester. I know he may be on a 20 game test out here to decide what his future is with this club, but what's the point? Why wouldn't a Rullier or Muir get the call up? Same for the forwards? I like Barney, but he can really get the call up and play on any line. Instead Cammy is rotting in the minors, when this is the perfect window for him to show his worth. I don't really buy the ice time issue either, because before the season started he was slotted for 4th line along with Aulin.

swinginutter* is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 09:47 PM
  #2
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
I said I wouldn't be back for awhile, but I lied.....
I just finished watching this game on TSN, and we got skinned out there. The Cechmanek trade has been nothing more than a minor upgrade over Potvin, and since we only lost a second round pick it's time we count our losses and move for another goalie towards trading deadline. This season is nothing more than survival for this team and although everybody here including the front office want post-season play, i'm somewhat neutral to it. I definitely don't want to see us get embarassed, like we did tonight. Cecho is such a freakin' headcase, and he's lazy to top it off. Although I think it was more of Modry's fault the other night with his cute ass play, Cecho moved like a snail to handle it.
It's one game I know, but our mentality is still ass backwards. We've become a win at all costs type of team. Whatever happened to Kip Brennan? He ain't going to win us any games but he definitely would bring a presence we lack. And, I can think of 3/4 forwards that are nothing more than a warm body out there. We always try to justify AM's moves, but what's the gag? Why do players like Zizka get called up when he's choking in Manchester. I know he may be on a 20 game test out here to decide what his future is with this club, but what's the point? Why wouldn't a Rullier or Muir get the call up? Same for the forwards? I like Barney, but he can really get the call up and play on any line. Instead Cammy is rotting in the minors, when this is the perfect window for him to show his worth. I don't really buy the ice time issue either, because before the season started he was slotted for 4th line along with Aulin.
Cammy's raotting in Manchester because of AM and his lack of love for the youngsters. The only rookies he cares for are the 28 year old sort as you can see.

no name is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 11:39 PM
  #3
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,243
vCash: 5775
You don't give up 8 goals and blame all of them on the goaltender. I didn't see the game but if guys like Chartrand is -4 in 7 minutes I think theres blame to go all around.


Not that Buffalo doesn't pretty much own Cechmanek. I was suprised to see him in net.


Where were all the Cechmanek haters when he turned the Kings season around after his injury?

GKJ is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 11:57 PM
  #4
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,243
vCash: 5775
The Kings need a healthy team more than they need 1 or 2 defense. I think with all the work Norstrom gets he's starting to get burnt out. Flyer fans have seen this happen to Eric Desjardins and Kim Johnsson and defensive mistakes are bound to happen. Even Modry had been relatively sound defensively all year, something he has never been.

GKJ is offline  
Old
02-14-2004, 12:58 AM
  #5
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSam
Cechmanek could be blamed for one goal only. That was the 2nd goal. Our defense sucks and Jaroslav "I pass the puck to the other team in my own zone" Modry & Matti "I'll push you into my goalie and you take the puck with you" Norstrom don't help the cause at all. I would trade all of our defensemen but Visnovsky. The only call up that I saw promising was Muir and Murray won't even play him. This team can't do jack without defense. We need more than just "1 or 2" defenseman.
Matty was being physical in front of the net. There is no way he could have seen it coming.

no name is offline  
Old
02-14-2004, 01:14 AM
  #6
swinginutter*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
You don't give up 8 goals and blame all of them on the goaltender. I didn't see the game but if guys like Chartrand is -4 in 7 minutes I think theres blame to go all around.


Not that Buffalo doesn't pretty much own Cechmanek. I was suprised to see him in net.


Where were all the Cechmanek haters when he turned the Kings season around after his injury?
I agree with the Chartrand comments, and i've never been his biggest fan. He was part of my "3/4 players" comment above. But i've never been a huge fan of Cecho's either. The bottom line is that he let's his attitude get in the way of his overall performance. He gives everybody a heart-attack when he's in net including myself. I liked the deal at the beginning of the season because we didn't give up much for him and it was a fresh start for himself. But it hasn't panned out, and he'd be an absolute nightmare in post-season and i'm not counting that on his overall postseason stats. He lets stupid mental lapses get the better of him. If you seen the game, then you'll know that the Chris Drury goal changed the momentum. He was so caught up on Drury being offsides that he crumbled after that. The Kings were definitely running around tonight with their heads cut-off, but I give credit to the Sabres, they out-muscled us, and out-skated us. I know AM is a stickler for match-ups, that's why i'm stumped on why he never adds toughness, when every team in this league has at least two heavyweights skating 82 games a year. He thinks we have that in Lappy, and Avery and although their crazy enough to fight anyone, it's not fair to them. A good Brennan ass kicking would have been perfect when the Kings went down a goal.

swinginutter* is offline  
Old
02-14-2004, 01:22 AM
  #7
swinginutter*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSam
Cechmanek could be blamed for one goal only. That was the 2nd goal. Our defense sucks and Jaroslav "I pass the puck to the other team in my own zone" Modry & Matti "I'll push you into my goalie and you take the puck with you" Norstrom don't help the cause at all. I would trade all of our defensemen but Visnovsky. The only call up that I saw promising was Muir and Murray won't even play him. This team can't do jack without defense. We need more than just "1 or 2" defenseman.
This is the first negative comment i've seen on Matty.......actually ever. He's a warrior plain and simple, and rarely ever has a bad game. That's pretty amazing consistency if you ask me. He's the best defensive defenseman we have bar-none. I definitely agree with Modry, and i've been dying for this guy to be gone for the last four years. Miller is another has-been if you ask me, and we got schooled with his lame-ass contract. I still remember all the anti-schneider's on this board, but I bet they wish they took all those comments back. Especially when it was a choice between Aaron and Mathieu.

swinginutter* is offline  
Old
02-14-2004, 02:27 AM
  #8
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
This is the first negative comment i've seen on Matty.......actually ever. He's a warrior plain and simple, and rarely ever has a bad game. That's pretty amazing consistency if you ask me. He's the best defensive defenseman we have bar-none. I definitely agree with Modry, and i've been dying for this guy to be gone for the last four years. Miller is another has-been if you ask me, and we got schooled with his lame-ass contract. I still remember all the anti-schneider's on this board, but I bet they wish they took all those comments back. Especially when it was a choice between Aaron and Mathieu.
Super Sam is a natourious moron. His oxygen deprived brain is legendary on all Kings boards until he gets banned for stupidity. Litterally.

no name is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.